PDA

View Full Version : Torvill and Dean

WickLad08
14-Feb-09, 23:07
Still at the heart of the nation or gone and forgotten?

Do we need a new age Torvill and Dean to enspire the world in the same way?

canuck
14-Feb-09, 23:12
Torvill and Dean inspired more than the UK.

They are my heros too.

Angel
14-Feb-09, 23:31
Wasn't Orvil a duck, and wans't Dean an drunken American crooner...
I can see it now...

Angel...

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 23:31
I have just finished watching the Torvil and Dean story! I have to say they are a complete inspiration still! I was not even born at the time of Bolero but i do love the routine.

I always look forward to seeing their routines when they come on telly on a sunday before the dancing on ice contestants.

Plus no other skating couple has managed to ever get a perfect score like they did! So far......;)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 23:42
Do we need a new age Torvill and Dean to enspire the world in the same way?

Oh, the magic, the chemistry, the love-can anyone else feel it? May I suggest Golach and Shelly Bain. [lol][lol][lol]

golach
14-Feb-09, 23:44
Oh, the magic, the chemistry, the love-can anyone else feel it? May I suggest Golach and Shelly Bain.
Jox, I am fed up, not hardup[disgust]:~(:confused

changilass
14-Feb-09, 23:45
That would be cradle snatching lol

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 23:47
That would be cradle snatching lol

If her taste in men is anything like her taste in music then he's probably in with a chance :eek:

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 23:59
Oh ye are no funny! Well actually it was! I nearly fell of ma comfy chair in laughter!

No need to bring poor Golach into this tho.....we all know he would rather walk 500 miles with a proclaimer than go ice skatin with me! Right Golach [lol];)

mccaugm
15-Feb-09, 22:08
To get back to the point of the thread, yes we do need another Torvill and Dean. Watched the show last night and felt quite emotional. Cannot believe its been 25 years since they won. Hes still as cute as I remember;)

unicorn
15-Feb-09, 22:20
Sorry but nothing about them appeals to me, i'm not an ice skating fan.

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 22:26
To get back to the point of the thread, yes we do need another Torvill and Dean. Watched the show last night and felt quite emotional. Cannot believe its been 25 years since they won. Hes still as cute as I remember;)

Christopher Dean...yumm!! :Razz