PDA

View Full Version : Jade Goody..months to live

mccaugm
14-Feb-09, 19:36
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7890002.stm

I know she is not the brightest pebble in the beach but I think she is actually a great role model for showing courage in her adversity. She has shown herself to be a brilliant mum.

I feel the Shilpa Shetty thing was blown out of proportion.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 19:41
I read her story in my magazines yesterday! I actually nearly cried! It was sad when i read that she just wanted to see her kids grow up but she wont be able to do that! That breaks my heart! :(

Jade is being so brave for the sake of her family!

Fluff
14-Feb-09, 20:14
We obviously do not know her, but if you remember over the past couple of years she has been in and out of hospital for loosing blood from there, makes you wonder how this was not picked up earlier!?

nicnic74
14-Feb-09, 20:18
Its such a shame on the poor lassie, losing someone to cancer at any age is really heartbraking (lost my own mum at 59) but for those 2 wee boys to lose their mummy at such a young age my heart really goes out to them. I just hope a miracle happens.

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 20:23
I can't stand the woman and that whole Z-list celebrity culture that she embodies, but!...she is a human being and a mother, so it makes me sad that she won't see her children grow up and that her children will be without their mum, she must be going through absolute hell at the moment, but lets put it into perspective now....she's just one of many going through the same torment :(

Fluff
14-Feb-09, 20:30
When a celebrity is ill, like Kylie with breast cancer, because people feel like they know this person, they tend to feel sadder. I know it sounds harsh, but it can be hard to people to feel sympathy for someone they don't know.
Similar when princess Diana died, so many people mourned her etc.. but we did not know her.

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 20:34
What a shame.

Nearly took a tear to my eye.

Nobody deserves this

:(

Alice in Blunderland
14-Feb-09, 20:37
I can't stand the woman and that whole Z-list celebrity culture that she embodies, but!...she is a human being and a mother, so it makes me sad that she won't see her children grow up and that her children will be without their mum, she must be going through absolute hell at the moment, but lets put it into perspective now....she's just one of many going through the same torment :(

This is such a true statement. So many families are affected by this tragic illness. It strikes indiscriminately young, old, rich, poor. One day hopefully they will find a cure but until then we will continue to read of such tragic cases. :(

I for one want to have the health to watch my children grow up but none of us have a crystal ball and we dont know whats lurking around the corner............ live life for today is a good saying as you truly dont know whats to come. :)

Kodiak
14-Feb-09, 20:42
Jane is not one of my Favourite Celebrities, but on saying that I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy.

This is a terrible disease and the quick it is beaten the better. No one should have to go through what she is doing so at the moment and she is a very brave person bringing the plight that all Cancer sufferers go through into the pubic eye.

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 20:48
Jane is not one of my Favourite Celebrities, but on saying that I would not wish this disease on my worst enemy.

This is a rerrible disease and the quick it is beaten the better. No one should have to go through what she is doing so at the moment and she is a very brave person bringing the plight that all Cancer sufferers go through into the pubic eye.

First let me appologise for making comedic comments in a serious thread...but i just couldn't help but laugh at your post when i saw it.

Jane is not one of your fav celebs?....well that's obvious :lol:

And you say it's a rerrible disease?....have you turned into Scooby Doo all of a sudden? :lol:

Sorry, i just couldn't resist

Angela
14-Feb-09, 20:56

I agree with you completely, Gizmo. My Dad died when I was only 3 and I used to worry a lot when my children were little that 'something would happen' to me and they'd be left motherless.

I don't know Jade Goody - if I feel that I do, it's only a bit like the way I might feel I know a character in a soap - tho' I'd feel very sorry for any young woman who knows that she won't live to see her children grow up.

But I'd have to say the sympathy I could feel for someone I've never met just can't compare with how I feel for a young woman I do know. She's the sister of one of my son's friends and the partner of another of his friends and she has terminal throat cancer. Despite every possible treatment including the removal of her voicebox, she knows she won't be here much longer for her little girl. This is so desperately hard for two 'ordinary' families I've known for many years and for all their friends.

I honestly don't see how anyone can feel the same for someone they don't know.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 21:09
I just think that it is awful that when she comes out of the hospital the paparazzi are there waiting to take pics of her! How nasty is that! I would wack them with something!!! [disgust]

8 to go Gizmo :Razz

Alice in Blunderland
14-Feb-09, 21:32
I just think that it is awful that when she comes out of the hospital the paparazzi are there waiting to take pics of her! How nasty is that! I would wack them with something!!! [disgust]

8 to go Gizmo :Razz

SHe has included the paparazzi in this illness all along to give more publicity to cancer sufferers. Its also a way for her to make more money to secure her childrens future according to the report. :)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 21:41
I can't stand her and if it wasn't such a tragic story I'd say it was one hell of a publicity stunt. That said, I hope she gets longer than docs say and she raises as much as possible to help her kids futures.

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:45
I agree with many here, Jade is not my favourite person, I would not wish her health problems on anyone, I feel for her and her bairns, but her publicist Max Clifford must be having a field day :(

brokencross
14-Feb-09, 21:53
I do feel extremely sorry for the poor girl and my heart goes out to her and her family and friends. I would hope she'd spends her remaining time in the bosom of her family. Her two young boys need her more than ever now to share what precious time is left.

However I read in the paper she has vowed to carry on filming her LivingTV reality show Jade: The Next Chapter.
Apparently Living TV chief Claudia Rosencrantz said: 'I’ve cried so much for Jade and have been very emotional for her. But she needs this money so much for her two sons.

'She also she needs the opportunity to show the world how to avoid cancer. That’s also important to her.' Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: 'She wants to be busy, so there’s something to keep her occupied in-between the trauma and the pain.

'She also wants to warn other people. In terms of Living TV, it’s very much, "Do you want us to stop, Jade? Do you want us to leave you?."
'Jade’s attitude is, "When I’m up to it, you do the filming, that’s what I want to do."'

I do feel her "job" in raising awareness of cancer is done; she should now devote all her energy to her children. I think continuing with the reality TV would turn into nothing but morbid voyeurism.

Moira
14-Feb-09, 23:18
First let me appologise .....
Jane is not one of your fav celebs?....well that's obvious :lol:
And you say it's a rerrible disease?....have you turned into Scooby Doo all of a sudden? :lol: Sorry, i just couldn't resist

If you couldn't resist Gizmo, at least get your facts and spelling right before laughing at anyone else. The woman who is dying of cancer is Jade, not Jane.

Your apology is accepted, even if you couldn't spell it right.

Max
14-Feb-09, 23:21
Poor lass - she is so young and her kids will be broken hearted - tragic - as it is for anyone else in that or a similar position.

Boozeburglar
14-Feb-09, 23:32
I think one of the most valuable things she can do now is to continue and let people watch her die.

...and to even mention her obvious past racism right now is pretty tacky.

Love her so much and I mean that, what a beautiful and soulful human being she is.

She is like we all were once, just living life as it comes and one time having fun. What a hard place it can be sometimes for all of us, and she is facing the hardest we ever face.

joxville
14-Feb-09, 23:33
If you couldn't resist Gizmo, at least get your facts and spelling right before laughing at anyone else. The woman who is dying of cancer is Jade, not Jane.

Gizmo was quoting Kodiak who had mis-spelt it. At least get your facts right. [lol]

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 23:36

Oh the irony.....

I await your appology.

balto
14-Feb-09, 23:48
this is just awful, after the hard time she got when she 1st appeared on bb all those years ago, but to be struck down by this terriable disease is just truly heartbreakin, what makes it worse is the fact she has 2 young sons to worry about aswell, my heart really goes out to her, and her family.

Dadie
15-Feb-09, 00:09
If out of this she has highlighted that this could happen to anyone and makes someone who ignores the reminders that get sent out for the smear tests go for one and find out they have abnormal cells and further treatment and catches the cancer in the early stages, then, I think the publicity has done good.
But she shoud just focus on being a mum for her boys as she has too little precious time with them now!

balto
15-Feb-09, 00:12
If out of this she has highlighted that this could happen to anyone and makes someone who ignores the reminders that get sent out for the smear tests go for one and find out they have abnormal cells and further treatment and catches the cancer in the early stages, then, I think the publicity has done good.
But she shoud just focus on being a mum for her boys as she has too little precious time with them now!
so many woman find this embaressing to have their smear done, but at the end of the day, if it saves your life it is worth it, after all if you have had kids then all your dignity when it comes to things of that matter has gone out the door long ago, i urge anyone dont risk your life, have it done for all the time it takes.

purplelady
15-Feb-09, 00:15
I have to amire the woman she is being honest by saying she is firstly doing it for the money , but she also wants to highlite how important it is to go for regular checks. I THINK IT IS SO SAD SHE HAS ONLY MONTHS TO LIVE AND THOSE POOR LITTLE BOYS XXXXXXXXXX

Dadie
15-Feb-09, 00:18
I know the lack of dignity part well .... try getting one done with a 2yo asking Whats that! while peering at the bottom of the bed...at the speculum...
When Kylie had breast cancer she highlighted the importance of checking your boobs for changes...hopefully Jade Goody has highlighted the importance of getting your smear tests done...but I wonder what will make men check themselves or even see the doc ...

teenybash
15-Feb-09, 01:01
Such a sad, heartbreaking situation.....Jade hopefully will prove how good a fighter she is and come through this battle.....and at least have a bit longer than a few months....... .
Latest I heard is that she and her partner are getting married.......I wish them the best of luck and their little boys.

Anne x
15-Feb-09, 01:52
I have no time for the old Jade whatsoever but this person that has arisen from what is every womans nightmare is quite astonishing I might add I dont buy mags and have little knowledge of the person

1) Cerverical cancer is the silent killer amongst women if she can get one more woman to go for a smear she has achieved something allegedlly she has made women do that
2) For any Mother at whatever age to face death in the face and with 2 young offspring is just awful and to have the worry that she has a partner and her mother arguing must be just horrendous I cant see what marrying him is going to do at this point
3) Max Clifford ( who has just recovered from prostate cancer himself )her publiicist will help now and hopefully help her to form a trust fund for the boys and their future which will be secure for the boys alone and no hangers on
4) I hope she will get strength to cope with what is ahead of her and be pain free and surrounded by people who acually care about her

JAWS
15-Feb-09, 02:47
Jade Goody was set up by the Big Brother Show. She was put in the first time as the Dimbo for everybody to laugh at.
When the audience took to her instead for her obvious naive openness instead of ridiculing her they decided to have a second go.

She was put in the show again, along with two other girls from fairly rough backgrounds along with an Indian Actress from a reasonably well to do family who was used to having servants to do things for her as a matter of course.
There was no accident in that set up, it was done specifically in the hope that the three would gang up on her for the benefit of viewing figures.
Whether the producers were looking for racist comments or just some bitching about Shilpa Shetty being “posh” I don’t know but the three of them were certainly there as patsies.

What they said was silly and unacceptable but was also blown out of all proportion.
Oh, and Jade Goody is herself mixed race.

The reason the media continued to take a close interest in her after the shows was that she could be guaranteed on a fairly regular basis to do something silly that they could ridicule her for.

There is something in the nature of the British people, and the media encourage it, which loves to build people up just so they can be brought crashing back down.
It’s a sort of, “Who do they think they are? Lets bring them back down to our level, that will show them.” If you don’t believe me, just look at the papers tomorrow and see what they have to say about various famous people, especially the bitchiness about well known females and their “fashion disasters” etc.

Jade Goody just let it all wash over her and didn’t give a damn about them poking fun and ridiculing her and now they are a bit stuck and are having to have a rethink.
I hope she makes a fortune out of them in the time she has left, she certainly deserves to.

scorrie
15-Feb-09, 03:31

Try reading the posts properly Moira. Where is YOUR apology?

scorrie
15-Feb-09, 03:48
I don't know Jade Goody but I know that she has made the most of her limited resources. People who laughed at her stupidity can only dream of the personal wealth Jade has accumulated for herself. This quote from Celebrity Big Brother, concerning Shilpa Shetty, would seem to sum Jade up:-

"Goody said afterwards: "She is Indian, thinking of an Indian name and only thing I could think of was Indian food."

The best of luck to her. I would much prefer my last time to be private, but if making money helps set up her family for when she is gone, then so be it.

It is a strange fact that human beings tend to embrace someone, whom they previously despised, after finding out that the same person has a terminal illness. Grown men who hated Stalin were seen weeping openly at his funeral.

Metalattakk
15-Feb-09, 04:39
Grown men who hated Stalin were seen weeping openly at his funeral.

Well, with the oppressive eyes of the NKVD/KGB looking on, I'd be peeping like a wee lassie too, mate. ;)

As for Jade Goody? I shan't shed a tear. I'll feel sorry for her kids and those who genuinely care for her, but without the NKVD breathing down my neck I'm afraid I can't really feel any real compassion for Jade herself. I'm sure she'd reciprocate my feelings if the roles were reversed.

It's a shame, yes. But we just know that the Red Tops and Clifford's media engine will do their utmost to cash in, all under the banner of 'Charidee'.

I feel saddened that her last days will seemingly be broadcast for all the world to gawp over. Personally, I'd pay money - to her chosen charity - to not have that subjected onto the nation.

butterfly
15-Feb-09, 05:22
jade goodys sad news reminds us all that every moment on earth is precious:(

brokencross
15-Feb-09, 10:03
I think one of the most valuable things she can do now is to continue and let people watch her die.

Please tell me you don't mean that seriously; what purpose would it serve?

A9RUNNER
15-Feb-09, 10:34
Please tell me you don't mean that seriously; what purpose would it serve?

To ram it home to every single woman out there that it is important to go for your smear test no matter how embarrassed or shy you are about such things. To die a premature death and to deprive your children of a mum all because you didn't want someone to look at you private places.

brokencross
15-Feb-09, 11:17
To ram it home to every single woman out there that it is important to go for your smear test no matter how embarrassed or shy you are about such things. To die a premature death and to deprive your children of a mum all because you didn't want someone to look at you private places.

I would think that there has already been sufficient TV, radio, newspaper, magazine, messageboard, chatroom, internet exposure of this poor girls plight to have alerted even the most stubborn shyest woman to the need to get a smear.

To continue to watch her die would surely be an unnecessary invasion of her familys privacy and just remove what dignity the girl has remaining.

joxville
15-Feb-09, 11:20

I know it's private and intrusive to the majority of females but as I recall Jade Goody wasn't shy when she displayed herself to the nation on Big Brother yet was embarrassed about going to a doctor in a discreet environment! The daft girl got her rights and wrongs mixed up, to the detriment of her health and her kids futures, and so hopefully her fans, and especially young girls, will take heed of what Jade and her family are now going through.

abc123
15-Feb-09, 12:48
Who is Jade Goody ? Is she a local person ?

Ash
15-Feb-09, 12:55
Its just so awful for her and her family, I feel so deeply for them http://cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/Smileys/classic/cry.gif

I would just like to say though that I admire the way she has dealt with this, she is set on securing financial security for her children, I don't see anything wrong with that, isn't that what all working mums do! Only difference is she knows she is going to die, all the more reason for her to fight as hard as she can and if publicising her illness makes her boys some money and raises awareness at the same time, then I say good luck for her and I hope it gives her more fight and determination to battle this dreadful disease to the floor. I feel so sorry for Jade it doesn't seem to matter what she has done in her life she is always criticised for it, damned if she does, damned if she doesn't, I ask of any mum here, if you could secure your children's future before your death, would you not grab the opportunity with both hands and not let go of it?

I admire her so much, shes came from nowhere, had a crappy childhood and she turned that around and made good of herself, OK shes made some mistakes along the way, but haven't we all http://cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/Smileys/classic/undecided.gif She is not a druggie, she doesn't sponge off the state, she has stayed true to herself with the whole celeb thing, shes a fantastic mum by all accounts and it really annoys me to hear that people are still criticising her in her last months of life http://cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/Smileys/classic/cry.gif By publicising her story, she is also doing good there was a 20% increase in women having smear tests since the news of Jades cancer broke.

My thoughts are with Jade and her family at this incredibly difficult and sad time

cuddlepop
15-Feb-09, 17:29
This woman annoys the hell out of me and I thought initially this was just a publicity stunt as she's alwas after something.

Now I know this is deadly serious and while I dont agree with the amount of intrusion she's having while battling this illness,I understand she's trying to get as much money for her boys as she can.

If it also makes other young woman think about going for a smear then thats great as to many are left undetected.

starry
15-Feb-09, 18:08
I know it's private and intrusive to the majority of females but as I recall Jade Goody wasn't shy when she displayed herself to the nation on Big Brother yet was embarrassed about going to a doctor in a discreet environment! The daft girl got her rights and wrongs mixed up, to the detriment of her health and her kids futures, and so hopefully her fans, and especially young girls, will take heed of what Jade and her family are now going through.

She was having regular smears, the change in cells just wasn't picked up on in time.

igglepiggle
15-Feb-09, 18:19
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7890002.stm

I know she is not the brightest pebble in the beach but I think she is actually a great role model for showing courage in her adversity. She has shown herself to be a brilliant mum.

I feel the Shilpa Shetty thing was blown out of proportion.

i totally agree with you, it was completely blown out of proportion. i have read her books and she had a hard live before Big Brother. she works hard and lives for her kids. I feel for her and her kids, they are both so young to loose their mum. i hope she lives the rest of her live to the full!!

binbob
15-Feb-09, 18:23
She was having regular smears, the change in cells just wasn't picked up on in time.

jade actually had 3 smears with abnormal cells,which were treated.she then had a letter to go for treatment no.4...she decided not to,as it was painful.now she is dying...............i hope her boys will have a good life,pref. with their real dad,jeff brazier.bless them.:~(

celtic lass
15-Feb-09, 18:24
my heart goes out to her kids my mum had cancer but didnt tell anyone but thats not what killed her her death was very quick but at least she didnt suffer i would hate to think she would have suffered i didnt know she had cancer until after she had died its an awful illness

mccaugm
15-Feb-09, 21:55
To update you, Jade has just stated (via Twitter) that she is fighting the disease and the reports were made up by the papers.

http://twitter.com/Jade_Goody

If you want to show your support please go to the site above.

Since the reports of her having cancer came to the public eye, the uptake of tests by women has gone up by 20%.

starry
15-Feb-09, 22:07
jade actually had 3 smears with abnormal cells,which were treated.she then had a letter to go for treatment no.4...she decided not to,as it was painful.now she is dying...............i hope her boys will have a good life,pref. with their real dad,jeff brazier.bless them.:~(

On the interview I saw when she came back from India she said she was told that her results were ok and to go ahead with travelling to do the BB show.
Once there her doctors realised the results weren't ok and she was called back for treatment.

binbob
15-Feb-09, 22:35
On the interview I saw when she came back from India she said she was told that her results were ok and to go ahead with travelling to do the BB show.
Once there her doctors realised the results weren't ok and she was called back for treatment.

yes..that was the case..but the treatment she had for abnormal cells were long before that ....sadly.she had been suffering symptoms of SOMETHING for 3/4 years,but no one found the real cause until it was too late.
there are so many stories,we will probably never know the absolute truth.

binbob
15-Feb-09, 22:39
To update you, Jade has just stated (via Twitter) that she is fighting the disease and the reports were made up by the papers.

http://twitter.com/Jade_Goody

If you want to show your support please go to the site above.

Since the reports of her having cancer came to the public eye, the uptake of tests by women has gone up by 20%.

i find this very hard to believe and do not think it is jade.seems like someone is up to no good with this and i really do believe the news stories...seems ,sadly ,more likely.her agent,max clifford has also told the stories of her being terminally ill.

he has nothing to gain...i am sure that would be the ultimate scam.

joxville
15-Feb-09, 22:47
I think with so many different versions being bandied about that maybe it's time we stopped discussing Jade's plight. Give the girl the dignity she at least deserves in the end.