PDA

View Full Version : Classified section / Car for Sale notices

Geo
14-Feb-09, 11:35
Why do so many people advertise stuff and then say PM for price, PM if interested, PM for a list of items etc? It seems a very ineffecient way to sell items. Surely it is better to advertise with the list of items and prices so that interested parties can see right away what is on offer? Worse is when you do PM and get no reply!

ett23
14-Feb-09, 13:31
Yup I agree. If they don't list the details and the price maybe they're hiding something? Or can't be bothered typing it all out?!! :roll:

badger
14-Feb-09, 16:38
I always describe items with price and details but do ask anyone interested to PM just to get instant email notification of any replies. Seems to work well.

Be nice if people always remembered to remove items that are sold though, which reminds me ............

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 17:25
I'm a bit fed up with people leaving a reply, saying they are interested, and then they never get in touch when you PM them.

davie
14-Feb-09, 17:50
I think its a 'grabby' thing. If someone is interested then that usually means the seller can whup the price up.
A couple of years ago I advertised (not on here) for an item to buy and had a call from someone selling the same. It was knackered but I offered them £50 for parts. The answer was "NO, I was going to chuck it in the river, but I want £100 for it".
I am sure that by now it has been chucked in the river, but where is the logic in that. ?

dirdyweeker
14-Feb-09, 18:30
Geo.....love the signature!

Bazeye
14-Feb-09, 18:35
Maybe its dodgy dvd's/cd's or stolen stuff theyre selling and dont want everyone to know?

mums angels
14-Feb-09, 20:14
what bugs me about the classified section is that people never get back to you one way or another

recently i thought i was doing a member a favour by looking something out went to effort of getting them pictures etc etc and they couldn't even be bothered to drop me a line and say "thanks but its not what i was looking for [evil]" whatever happened to common courtesy

also everyone wants something for nothing ... if the price doesn't say O.N.O then the price stands .

stekar
14-Feb-09, 23:14
what bugs me about the classified section is that people never get back to you one way or another

recently i thought i was doing a member a favour by looking something out went to effort of getting them pictures etc etc and they couldn't even be bothered to drop me a line and say "thanks but its not what i was looking for [evil]" whatever happened to common courtesy

Here, here

I've had four request for photos of an item I am selling, but not one of them replied to say thanks, but not what I'm looking for.

I list with the description and price, but request an e-mail address that I can send photos to.

highlander
15-Feb-09, 00:12
What annoys me with the classified section is when people have sold an item they dont use the report button (the red triangle) to let people know that the item has been sold.

Angel
15-Feb-09, 22:45
Why do people leave out the price they are asking for cars etc...

They just leave a number... I have never bought a vehicle yet without knowing at least knowing the asking price...

Angel...

Kevin Milkins
15-Feb-09, 23:38
also everyone wants something for nothing ... if the price doesn't say O.N.O then the price stands .

An advert that made me laugh out loud was a person had an item that was for free and some cheeky swine asked could they deliver it.:eek::lol:

joxville
15-Feb-09, 23:41
An advert that made me laugh out loud was a person had an item that was for free and some cheeky swine asked could they deliver it.:eek::lol:

It was probably a Weshman-I heard they are tighter than us Jocks. [lol]

Kevin Milkins
15-Feb-09, 23:50
It was probably a Weshman-I heard they are tighter than us Jocks. [lol]

Only in the scrums.;)