PDA

View Full Version : headache cure??

unicorn
11-Feb-06, 23:12
whats the best cure for a headache from sinuses... I have had one since yesterday and dont wanna go back to bed... any good cures you use...I have had 3 sudafed decongestant but not helping:(

jjc
11-Feb-06, 23:16
whats the best cure for a headache from sinuses...
I had a bad sinus headache at the beginning of the week. I found Lemsip Max Sinus Spray (http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/medicines/medicines/l/lemsip/lemsip_max_sinus_spray.htm) cleared it up in about five minutes (and kept it away for about 12 hours just like it promised). Fantastic stuff.

unicorn
11-Feb-06, 23:19
can you get it anywhere other than chemist jjc?

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 23:21
Get someone to massage your toes and/or fingers.

Might provide a bit of relief.

JAWS
11-Feb-06, 23:24
Tesco's in Inverness? Can't think of anywhere else open at this time of night. :evil

Hope you get rid of it Unicorn, headaches are not pleasant.

jjc
11-Feb-06, 23:30
It wasn't something I had to ask the pharmacist for so you can probably get it in the supermarket...

unicorn
11-Feb-06, 23:35
Excellent I will take a look for it tomorrow. I do have a steroid nasal spray I got from doc about 6 months ago but it says use within 3 months of opening so I didnt want to try it...

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Feb-06, 23:40
Aye be careful unicorn as if you were to use it,ye might be up there with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

unicorn
11-Feb-06, 23:42
i am away with it enough tonight definately dont need any help with that... sinuses always make me lightheaded

JAWS
12-Feb-06, 00:43
Unicorn, a nice tot helps. Take half a bottle of Whiskey add a small tot of water and drink in large gulps.
Doesn't do a thing for your sinuses, but do you care? Not on your life! :grin:

unicorn
12-Feb-06, 00:46
but then my head will be even sorer in the morning Jaws :(

canuck
12-Feb-06, 00:51
I find that opening the dishwasher a crack and letting out some of the hot vaporized water helps with sinus problems.

unicorn
12-Feb-06, 00:56
Thanks for replies I am gonna try some in morning...pc screen not helping so off to bed for me now..

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 00:59
Thanks for replies I am gonna try some in morning...pc screen not helping so off to bed for me now..Go easy with the whisky in the morning....lol:roll:

willowbankbear
12-Feb-06, 01:21
Aye be careful unicorn as if you were to use it,ye might be up there with Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds.

Bonnie & Funny watching oldies on acid eh!:eyes

paris
12-Feb-06, 03:19
Try a dollop of Vic's chest rub in hot water. Don't drink it , sniff it .

JAWS
12-Feb-06, 03:26
Try a dollop of Vic's chest rub in hot water. Don't drink it , sniff it .
If you hold your head over the hot water and drape a towel over your head it helps concentrate the vapours as you sniff them in. (I'd forgotten that one Paris)

paris
12-Feb-06, 03:31
It sure works for me every time, and yes Jaws ,dont forget the towel !

spiggie
12-Feb-06, 04:12
i've been wondering myself what works, i've had the worst sore head ive ever suffered from in my life today, i took about 8 painkillers over the recommended time but that still never helped, felt like crying it was so sore, i think it may have been my sinuses but not sure it was right behind my eye a right stabbing pain that wouldnt go away but an hour in bed and a long steep in the bath seemed to work a little. There is nothing worse than having a really sore head! :(

cuddlepop
12-Feb-06, 14:01
You have my sympathy unicorn I suffer from big medical term for infected sinus passages that i cant spell .:) Now on 3rd course of antibiotics,nothing takes the pain away for long.So far what does work is steam of any kind...olbas oil inhaled via hanky,holding hot cup against painful area,fresh air and lots of it.Walked along Reiss beach ,shear bliss no pain till i got back in car.I'm sure its all the central heating thats giving us such bad sinus attacks.
One thing I do no is that once you've got them clear use your nasal spray as directed,it does work.:)

elaine
12-Feb-06, 15:26
I also suffer from headaches and migraines and recently discovered coffee to be my main trigger (this includes de-caf). Am pretty gutted because I did love a coffee but since I've stopped the constant sore head that I used to have has gone so it's been well worth it!
Sorry this doesn't help with the sinus headaches but I'm convinced that many normal headaches are triggered by different foods and drink (not to mention dehydration) Although, you might have an intolerance to something which is stuffing up your sinuses (dairy perhaps?) might be worth investigating? Cut it out for a couple of days and see if your head clears.

Alice in Blunderland
12-Feb-06, 15:39
I have a facial sauna which I find helps when I have sinus trouble a couple of drops of vicks or olbas oil and then two ibuprofen tablets amazing the difference after that.

paris
12-Feb-06, 15:43
I have a bad headache today aswell, but mines self inflicted. I promis myself i will never do it again ( over indulge ) but always do.

phoenix
12-Feb-06, 17:19
I remember a while back reading somewhere that there are very tiny magnetite or was it magnetic crystals in our sinuses:confusedMaybe its got something to do with the magnetic pull of the moon........Its full moon tonight[smirk]

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 17:47
I remember a while back reading somewhere that there are very tiny magnetite or was it magnetic crystals in our sinuses:confusedMaybe its got something to do with the magnetic pull of the moon........Its full moon tonight[smirk]I WAS WONDERING WHY MY NOSTRILS WERE FLARED AND i WAS BREATHING FIRE TODAY...THANKS FOR THAT PHEONIX....oooops sorry I wasn't meaning to shout, especially seeing as you all have sore heads today..my caps lock was on..honest[para] :o)

phoenix
12-Feb-06, 18:31
I WAS WONDERING WHY MY NOSTRILS WERE FLARED AND i WAS BREATHING FIRE TODAY...THANKS FOR THAT PHEONIX....oooops sorry I wasn't meaning to shout, especially seeing as you all have sore heads today..my caps lock was on..honest[para] :o)

If you have a peice of Rose Quartz its good for the sinuses............rub it gently over the sore bits.........very soothing!:grin: