PDA

View Full Version : Directions please to Halkirk area

Fran
14-Feb-09, 03:40
Have looked at google earth but it is confusing to find Harpsdale hill. i thought i would turn left once in Halkirk village. Google earth says turn left at watten so i am quite confused. Directions please.

A9RUNNER
14-Feb-09, 07:35
I know where Harpsdale is but I dont know where Harpsdale Hill is. There is certainly not a hill marked on the Ordnance Survey Maps with that name http://www.streetmap.co.uk/idld.srf?X=313330&Y=956060&A=Y&Z=120&lm=1 this link shows a map of the general area.

Foxy
14-Feb-09, 12:18
Have looked at google earth but it is confusing to find Harpsdale hill. i thought i would turn left once in Halkirk village. Google earth says turn left at watten so i am quite confused. Directions please.

Fran you can turn left at Watten which takes you along the back road to Mybster, go straight cross at the cross roads and then you turn down at the first left which takes you down past Dale farm and then you are at Harpsdale hill. The other option is to go to Halkirk turn left at the Comm and continue up that road past the smiddy then another half a mile and you are at Harpsdale hill, hope this helps. :)

emszxr
14-Feb-09, 12:46
Fran you can turn left at Watten which takes you along the back road to Mybster, go straight cross at the cross roads and then you turn down at the first left which takes you down past Dale farm and then you are at Harpsdale hill. The other option is to go to Halkirk turn left at the Comm and continue up that road past the smiddy then another half a mile and you are at Harpsdale hill, hope this helps. :)

its the right you turn at not the left after crossing over the cross roads at a9. :lol:

Foxy
14-Feb-09, 14:14
its the right you turn at not the left after crossing over the cross roads at a9. :lol:

[lol] oops i dinna know my right from my left. :eek:

badger
14-Feb-09, 16:36
I find Get-a-Map is the best now for country areas - it has far more detail than Multimap/Streetmap/Google and you can just enter a postcode like the others. http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/frames.htm