PDA

View Full Version : A general for general! Take a look!!

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 01:20
Ok so since i seem to "steer off topic" :confused

Post anything you want here! Honestly....anything!! You wont be told that you are steering off topic! Unless someone is taking the micky!!

But here is a starter for u all.......

I love Fry's chocolate orange creams! I actually ate two today! Also ate 3 bags of quarter backs! I seem to have a couple of days every few months where i want to eat everything i can.....then i stop! Lol!

Anything random anybody wants to say!

joxville
14-Feb-09, 01:26
I was asked earlier by my niece when was the last time I done something shocking. So I 'mooned' at her. [lol]

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:32
Depending on what you would call random... because what i might say, you could already be thinking about and then it wouldnt be rando.im to you.

well the most random thing that i said today was about my craving to chew on a sponge ( weird pregnancy craving ). I like the feeling of the sponge in my mouth.

Bet no one was thinking about that :Razz

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 01:37
Depending on what you would call random... because what i might say, you could already be thinking about and then it wouldnt be rando.im to you.

well the most random thing that i said today was about my craving to chew on a sponge ( weird pregnancy craving ). I like the feeling of the sponge in my mouth.

Bet no one was thinking about that :Razz

It must be our sisterly bond cos i thought you would post something about yer bloomin sponge!! :roll:

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 01:43
My son who i consider to be your average usless 16yr old has a hidden talent (well it WAS hidden...not any more) for making cakes and desserts, last week he made a chocolate sponge which was the lightest and tastiest i have ever eaten....to say i was shocked is an understatement.

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:45
It must be our sisterly bond cos i thought you would post something about yer bloomin sponge!! :roll:

Haha!!

Well loop < A RANDOM nickname!!!:lol: ) i still havnt gotten hold of a sponge.

Will be going down the street tomorrow to check out the chemist lol

Not a specific chemist tho a random one....

Any recommendations?

joxville
14-Feb-09, 01:47
Haha!!

Any recommendations?
I would suggest Boots but they would be too chewy. [lol]

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:48
Just to be a bit clearer....

The type of sponge i mentioned was not baking.... its a bath sponge.

I should have been more specific

apologies;)

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 01:48
Some of the foods and drinks i love are:-

Irn Bru, Cheese, toast, cheese on toast, doughnuts, resses bars, chicken, beef, pork, crisps, carmel digestives, chocolate hobnobs, tuna, coffee, pasta.

I love food!! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 01:50
Haha!!

Any recommendations?

I would not like to recommend somewhere because that would not be very random of me now would it! ;)

You would think i was the oldest out of the 2 o us but no....i am certainly wiser than u tho! [lol]

Dorrie
14-Feb-09, 01:52
I'm trying to diet after all of the Christmas excesses. (:o Spellling) and NOT managing very well. I would LOVE to bake a sponge cake (a chocolate one) but I darn't!
:O

joxville
14-Feb-09, 01:53
I would not like to recommend somewhere because that would not be very random of me now would it!

You would think i was the oldest out of the 2 o us but no....i am certainly wiser than u tho!

So you and Alana are sisters! I feel a Bain in the neck coming on. [lol]

I've had a look at both your join dates/post count. Your also the one with biggest gob. [lol]

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:53
I would not like to recommend somewhere because that would not be very random of me now would it! ;)

You would think i was the oldest out of the 2 o us but no....i am certainly wiser than u tho! [lol]

now that is a debate!!

Off too bed now..

Electric blankets are the best!!!!

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:55
So you and Alana are sisters! I feel a Bain in the neck coming on. [lol]

Yup we are... you can probably tell that Shelley is the more expressive one tho (nearly a 1k.orger already)

But we have our psychic abilities he he

Venture
14-Feb-09, 01:57
Shelley I'd love to know where you get your time and energy from. With a house to run, family to look after, loads of pets, buildings models, playing games consoles and posting nearly a 1000 times on the org in a few months. What's your secret.;)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 01:59
Shelley I'd love to know where you get your time and energy from. With a house to run, family to look after, loads of pets, buildings models, playing games consoles and posting nearly a 1000 times on the org in a few months. What's your secret.;)

What do you think? Her partner does it all off course!

Metalattakk
14-Feb-09, 02:01
Post anything you want here! Honestly....anything!!

Ok, please, please will you consider the plight of the poor, overworked and underpaid exclamation point?

Every sentence you post seems to be followed with multiple incidences of extreme exclamation pointal abuse. It makes me think you're continually overdosing on Red Bull or something.

Will nobody think of the poor defenceless "!"?

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 10:15
will nobody think of the poor defenceless "!"?

!!no!!!!!!!!!!!!

telfordstar
14-Feb-09, 11:31
was inverness yesterday for some much needed retail therapy. Went down with high hopes only to have them drastically smashed. the shops were the poorest ive seen them in a long time never got anything i was looking for.:~(

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 11:45
Jox yes me and alana are infact sisters. I am the better of the 2 though. :lol:

Venture, i have no idea...my partner does not do it all, i wish he would actually. I just seem to be able to fit everything into one day. And i always have alot to say. Im a blabber box lol. Oh and a very very fast typist ;)

And Metalattakk for your sake, no exclamation marks at all. Its just habbit putting in lots of exclamation marks. I used to work for BT and would put tonnes in their logs and then get in trouble, cant help it lol.

I was meant to have a lie in today, there is never any luck i tells ya. But i did get my valentines card today. :)

Kevin Milkins
14-Feb-09, 12:35
I am so glad that Mrs M has still a good sense of humour after 36 years.

I wrote in her card.

"To my one and only love on this very special day.

Wales V England."

Bless her.lol

anneoctober
14-Feb-09, 12:40
My son who i consider to be your average usless 16yr old has a hidden talent (well it WAS hidden...not any more) for making cakes and desserts, last week he made a chocolate sponge which was the lightest and tastiest i have ever eaten....to say i was shocked is an understatement.
Lap it up Gizmo ! Our eldest son was going into the army all through primary school and first year High School - now he's a chef and partner in a restaurant in dunfermline. His sticky toffee pudding is to die for........:D

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 12:42
Lap it up Gizmo ! Our eldest son was going into the army all through primary school and first year High School - now he's a chef and partner in a restaurant in dunfermline. His sticky toffee pudding is to die for........:D

Im willing to put that sticky toffee pud to the test!!! [lol]

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 14:24
Ok, please, please will you consider the plight of the poor, overworked and underpaid exclamation point?

Every sentence you post seems to be followed with multiple incidences of extreme exclamation pointal abuse. It makes me think you're continually overdosing on Red Bull or something.

Will nobody think of the poor defenceless "!"?

Shelley gets over excited alot, you should have heard her when she found the org LOL [lol]

And the exclamation is her favorite form of punctuation.

majic
14-Feb-09, 14:29
did you know
all polar bears are left handed and squirrels cant see the colour red

Kodiak
14-Feb-09, 14:41
did you know

Question how can a Polar Bear be left handed when they do Not have Hands.

But did you know that Polar Bears are Not White but are actually Black. It is the hollow Fibres of their fur that have no Colour that make them look white, but their skin is Black.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 14:47
Shelley gets over excited alot, you should have heard her when she found the org LOL [lol]

And the exclamation is her favorite form of punctuation.

Someone is not answering their phone! [disgust] I know u are there! Lol. But u must know that its a favor im phoning for lol

My high chair is broken [evil] Or shud i say the bairns

joxville
14-Feb-09, 14:49
The alphabetisation of my cd collection is taking place. I could do with some help.

majic
14-Feb-09, 14:49
ok left pawed:)
but did you know a chickens top speed is 9mph

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 14:54
I take it back! She just walked into my house! :eek: *"blushes with embarrasment"*

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 14:57
The alphabetisation of my cd collection is taking place. I could do with some help.

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ....in that order ;)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 15:09
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ....in that order ;)

Thansk, I new sumwun wood bee abel too help, now I can get tarted.

airdlass
14-Feb-09, 15:12

One of my favourite hobbies:cool:

joxville
14-Feb-09, 16:14
I'm going out, I may be some time.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 17:09
Well i got a new high chair, put together (with difficulty) and the bairn hates it! And i mean hates it in there. lol. Poor thing will just have to get used to it.

Hmmmmm im in the mood for eating a wagon wheel again. sjdn <--- my son typed that lol

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 17:20
did you know

A Polar Bear's liver is poisonous. Grizzly Bears and Polar Bears can cross-breed, the resultant offspring is called a Pizzly Bear, or a Grolar Bear depending who the Daddy Bear was. There are only about 22,000 Polar Bears in the world.

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 17:22

I've only got two CDs. Aerosmith and ZZ Top.

TBH
14-Feb-09, 17:49
Also ate 3 bags of quarter backs! I seem to have a couple of days every few months where i want to eat everything i can.....then i stop! Lol!
A bit of canibal are you, those poor guys.[lol]

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 17:53
I've only got two CDs. Aerosmith and ZZ Top.

You should get yourself a Metallica one, it will fit nicely in the middle :D

joxville
14-Feb-09, 17:57
There are only about 22,000 Polar Bears in the world.

21,999 left now-I just had one for lunch. Very tasty too, apart from the liver, cos I dinna like liver. Oh, and the anus, I didna eat that either. Or it's pizzle, kidneys, heart or fur. :)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 17:58
And The Nolans-that will keep it even.:)

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 18:09

:eek: Now ur talkin. Metallica are legends! Eventually music we agree on Giz. [lol]

Moonboots
14-Feb-09, 18:28
Yup we are... you can probably tell that Shelley is the more expressive one tho (nearly a 1k.orger already)

Na she just slevers more than everyone else. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 19:18
Na she just slevers more than everyone else. [lol]

Ahh poo u know me too well Moonboots! :lol: I do like to talk! I really do! its a passion actually! ;)

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 21:07
Ok so i know i shudna post what has been said on a PM.

But Gizmo is tellin me to "get posting" to be a 1k orger! he must like me if he wants me to be part of the 1k club! :lol: One down Gizmo......9 til go! ;)

changilass
14-Feb-09, 21:09
I'm bored to tears, thinking of going a run through to tesco just for sumat to do

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:11
I'm bored to tears, thinking of going a run through to tesco just for sumat to do
Get me a bottle of Bacardi Changi

changilass
14-Feb-09, 21:14
Already have a bottle in Golach, priorities and all that lol

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 21:15
Bottle of Morgans for me please! :rolleyes:

Oh and some coffee....i seem to be a bit on the low side. [para] gonna start twitching if i run out of coffee...not even any pro plus or red bull here...eek!

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:16
Ok so i know i shudna post what has been said on a PM.

But Gizmo is tellin me to "get posting" to be a 1k orger! he must like me if he wants me to be part of the 1k club! :lol: One down Gizmo......9 til go! ;)
You don't get special privileges for being a 1k orger, I canna see what the beeg thing about being one is, I became one many moons ago,....so what, its quality of posts that count, not quantity [disgust]

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:18
Already have a bottle in Golach, priorities and all that lol
your Soup is being prepared as we chat Changi[lol]

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 21:20
You don't get special privileges for being a 1k orger, I canna see what the beeg thing about being one is, I became one many moons ago,....so what, its quality of posts that count, not quantity [disgust]

Oh my goodness....do you have a problem with me? Seriously. [disgust]

To me...my posts are quality because it is me saying it. I like what i say and this may come as a shock to you golach...so do other people. Yes they exist!

I started this thread for your benefit so we cant be accused of going "off topic" anyway!

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:26
Oh my goodness....do you have a problem with me? Seriously. [disgust]

To me...my posts are quality because it is me saying it. I like what i say and this may come as a shock to you golach...so do other people. Yes they exist!

I started this thread for your benefit so we cant be accused of going "off topic" anyway!
I have no problem with you shelly, I do not know you, you may think your posts are quality, thats good, there are others that don't, but carry on, do your own thing, its your privilege.
Please do not assume, you started this thread on my behalf, you do not know me either, and if becoming a 1k Orger makes you a better person , then go for it[lol]

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 21:55
21,999 left now-I just had one for lunch. Very tasy too, apart from the liver, cos I dinna like liver. Oh, and the anus, I didna eat that either. Or it's pizzle, kidneys, heart or fur. :)

Here Jox, you'd better not be pulling my pizzle.

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 21:56
Get me a bottle of Bacardi Changi

At's a wumin's dram golach!

scorrie
14-Feb-09, 21:58
And The Nolans-that will keep it even.:)

The Nolan's had some lovely hits. Don't know what their music was like though ;)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 21:59
I like Bacardi. Also vodka, Drambuie, Southern Comfort, Jack Daniel's and Jim Beam. But not all in the same glass.

brokencross
14-Feb-09, 22:01
Is chicken the only beasty that we can eat before it is born and after it is dead.

Now that is random

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 22:01
But not all in the same glass.

why not LOL :lol:

golach
14-Feb-09, 22:03
not the 100% proof Bacardi Scorrie[lol]

joxville
14-Feb-09, 22:04
Is chicken the only beasty that we can eat before it is born and after it is dead.

Now that is random

No. Ducks too.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 22:04

Now that is random

That is very random indeed! ;)

Good point too actually!

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 22:06
No. Ducks too.

Fish.... :)

joxville
14-Feb-09, 22:23
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/a/7/e/a7e5af84f9a4a1cea4faad1482be4f85.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/b/4/d/b4d944788de59638ae4d03b9ca1e19e0.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/e/2/3/e2360f2926b05b094816652133ddb03b.png

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 22:24
http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/a/7/e/a7e5af84f9a4a1cea4faad1482be4f85.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/b/4/d/b4d944788de59638ae4d03b9ca1e19e0.png http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/e/2/3/e2360f2926b05b094816652133ddb03b.png

Shelley!!!

Look at this randomness!!

brokencross
14-Feb-09, 22:25

qed..............qed

joxville
14-Feb-09, 22:54
Are you fed up with your favourite soft drink going flat and having to pour it away, costing you more money in the long run? Do you hate putting ice cubes in your drink, only for it to be watered down as the ice melts? Well the solution to your problem is in your freezer!!!

< Crowd gasps with amazement, very loud applause, whooping and cheers American style, more applause >

Yes folks, the solution is right there in your freezer. < More applause >

Take the soft drink which has gone flat, pour into your ice maker/ice trays and pop into your freezer. Once ready, add to your favourite drink!

< More rapturous applause, whooping, back slapping >

I thank you. :cool:

majic
14-Feb-09, 23:02
111,111,111,x111,111,111,=12,345,678,897,654,321.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 23:24
Are you fed up with your favourite soft drink going flat and having to pour it away, costing you more money in the long run? Do you hate putting ice cubes in your drink, only for it to be watered down as the ice melts? Well the solution to your problem is in your freezer!!!

< Crowd gasps with amazement, very loud applause, whooping and cheers American style, more applause >

Yes folks, the solution is right there in your freezer. < More applause >

Take the soft drink which has gone flat, pour into your ice maker/ice trays and pop into your freezer. Once ready, add to your favourite drink!

< More rapturous applause, whooping, back slapping >

I thank you. :cool:

LOL! I had a good laugh at that Jox! And actually i had always thought of doing that! Would it actually taste ok though? :confused

I might try it....but i just said to my OH I was gonna stop buying fizzy drinks! lol!

And this is very random of u!

changilass
14-Feb-09, 23:25
No alcohol but did get a joint of pork for 38p yippeeeee

Max
14-Feb-09, 23:26
I felll off my horse today - snow fell off the roof and he got a fright and did something strange - I didn't and landed on the ground. It was a bit sore - didn't used to hurt when I was younger!!!

joxville
14-Feb-09, 23:29
LOL! I had a good laugh at that Jox! And actually i had always thought of doing that! Would it actually taste ok though? :confused

I might try it....but i just said to my OH I was gonna stop buying fizzy drinks! lol!

And this is very random of u!

Yes, it does I work-I've been doing it for days. :D

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 23:40
1000 posts shelley!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D

Metalattakk
14-Feb-09, 23:58

Now that is random

It's also a falsehood. Chickens are technically not born, they are hatched. ;)

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 00:04
I felll off my horse today - snow fell off the roof and he got a fright and did something strange - I didn't and landed on the ground. It was a bit sore - didn't used to hurt when I was younger!!!

Ahh this brings back memories of me falling off horses many times...the pain...the embarrasment of some o them! Lol!

My horse used to hate tyres...so every time i tried to get him over, he would jump them, straight after it he would throw me off! :roll:

Gizmo
15-Feb-09, 00:07
My horse used to hate tyres...

You would have probably been better fitting horse shoes on him :p

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 00:10
You would have probably been better fitting horse shoes on him :p

Trust u! Imagine a horse in trainers...i just got a visual!

TBH
15-Feb-09, 00:30

Now that is randomYou can eat snake eggs or fish eggs.:lol:

joxville
15-Feb-09, 00:41
50% of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace!!

Gizmo
15-Feb-09, 00:43
50% of all Americans live within 50 miles of their birthplace!!

And 90% of all Americans cannot see their toes :D

joxville
15-Feb-09, 00:46
And 90% of all Americans cannot see their toes :D

Actually it's 60%, with 46% classed as clinically obese! :D

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 00:53
i hate toes! I used to work in a shoe shop for goodness sake, but i really hate toes! I loved being pregnant and not being able to see my toes. :eek:

TBH
15-Feb-09, 00:54
i hate toes! I used to work in a shoe shop for goodness sake, but i really hate toes! I loved being pregnant and not being able to see my toes. :eek:You have digitophobia?

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 00:56
You have digitophobia?

I would say so yes...i hate the feeling of toes and everything. Its just gastly. my toes are nearly longer than my fingers...they are mighty long. :eek:

Bed Time! Yay!

joxville
15-Feb-09, 00:56
You have digitophobia?
Such a shame it doesn't extend to her fingers. [lol]

Gizmo
15-Feb-09, 01:00
You have digitophobia?

Well she certainly doesn't suffer from yapyapyapophobia :D

scorrie
15-Feb-09, 02:49

Here golach, if alcohol is 100% proof it is not Bacardi. It is not Whisky or Vodka either. It is Ethanol. Some years ago two Dounreay workers were alleged to have found the pure Ethanol left out in a lab. Some time later, one of them fell in a pit and broke his leg, the other guy was so drunk he couldn't help his mate. I think both were sacked. I am sure any "Old Chemist" could confirm this tale. I sure hope so, because he told me that story some twenty odd years ago!!

alanabain
15-Feb-09, 12:52

I second that!!

golach
15-Feb-09, 15:06
Here golach, if alcohol is 100% proof it is not Bacardi. It is not Whisky or Vodka either. It is Ethanol. Some years ago two Dounreay workers were alleged to have found the pure Ethanol left out in a lab. Some time later, one of them fell in a pit and broke his leg, the other guy was so drunk he couldn't help his mate. I think both were sacked. I am sure any "Old Chemist" could confirm this tale. I sure hope so, because he told me that story some twenty odd years ago!!
Sorry Scorrie, I have worked in the Scottish Whisky trade for quite a few years, and I beg to differ, there are many types of Whisky that are over 100 proof or 51% Vol.
And even a few rums are over 100 proof, and below are a few I have tried, Pussers Blue label is my particular favourite, I only drink that in the company of special guests
http://www.wittyswine.com/sku15390.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=BACARDI%20RUM%20151@%20CARTA%20BLANCA

http://www.pussers.com/rum/products

http://woodsrum.co.uk/product

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 15:42

Ahh most definetely not! ;) I can talk alot! But i must have been extremelly tired because i slept til 1.45pm today! :eek: But to be fair i did not sleep last night. Was up the whole night coughin!

But am back to norm! Plenty o energy in this duracell battery!

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 15:52
Some of the foods and drinks i love are:-

Irn Bru, Cheese, toast, cheese on toast, doughnuts, resses bars, chicken, beef, pork, crisps, carmel digestives, chocolate hobnobs, tuna, coffee, pasta.

I love food!! :Razz

Me too! Could not starve myself as some young lassies do to look slim. I would rather have some body fat on me than not have food. And i think i could do wiht losing a few pounds.

Food is ace, it tastes good. Espc matchmakers cookies which i am eating jus now. mmm yummy[lol][lol]

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 16:00

Hey us wumin could drink men under the table and on the strong stuf too[lol]

Metalattakk
15-Feb-09, 16:47
Sorry Scorrie, I have worked in the Scottish Whisky trade for quite a few years, and I beg to differ</snip>

Then surely you'd know there's difference between 100° proof and 100% ABV? :roll:

golach
15-Feb-09, 16:57
Then surely you'd know there's difference between 100° proof and 100% ABV? :roll:
Of course I do

poppett
15-Feb-09, 17:01
Had some 120 proof Vodka off a polish coal boat in the 1980`s. It came in lovely bottles which went on to be used for table lamps. I think mum used the contents of the bottles to clean the drains !!

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 17:01
Alcohol is alcohol to me....gets ya drunk in the end! [lol]

cuddlepop
15-Feb-09, 17:09
The snow's all gone today,doesnt the place look so dull without a covering of all that lovely white stuff?:D

Well you did say,general.....(twaddle)

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 17:12
The snow's all gone today,doesnt the place look so dull without a covering of all that lovely white stuff?:D

Well you did say,general.....(twaddle)

It does look dull! :~( I want it back! Even if its just in my garden and not on the roads anymore!

General indeed! ;) I could come out with the most random things but folk already think im weird! well i think......

cuddlepop
15-Feb-09, 17:15
It does look dull! :~( I want it back! Even if its just in my garden and not on the roads anymore!

General indeed! ;) I could come out with the most random things but folk already think im weird! well i think......

Maybe we're related or its a woman thing because I can come out with the most random of words,they make sense but only too me.:lol:

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 21:11
Maybe we're related or its a woman thing because I can come out with the most random of words,they make sense but only too me.:lol:

Yeah i tend not to make much sense to most people! But it all makes sense in my head! [lol]

But i have been told many many times i am weird!

scorrie
15-Feb-09, 23:47
Of course I do

Then you will realise that you said 100 PERCENT in your original post. That is all the PROOF I need that my statement was correct and you were out by a fair DEGREE. Face it golach, I have you over a BARREL on this one ;)

golach
16-Feb-09, 00:30
Then you will realise that you said 100 PERCENT in your original post. That is all the PROOF I need that my statement was correct and you were out by a fair DEGREE. Face it golach, I have you over a BARREL on this one ;)
Aye right!!! I have dealt with more barrels, hogheads or butts of over proof spirit, than you have ever seen [lol]

ShelleyCowie
16-Feb-09, 12:25
Ahh poop! Well last night i defo paid for havin a lie in! Could not get to sleep at all! Didna help that the OH was moaning about tooth ache until 2am! :lol: And then took ages for me to drop off after that! Grrrr!!

Then up at 8am!

Never again will i sleep that long! :(

scorrie
16-Feb-09, 18:05
Aye right!!! I have dealt with more barrels, hogheads or butts of over proof spirit, than you have ever seen [lol]

You can go over-proof, but you cannot go over 100% alcohol. Are you sure your HOGHEAD isn't up your BUTT? ;) No harm in admitting you were wrong golach.

ShelleyCowie
16-Feb-09, 18:21
No harm in admitting you were wrong golach.

Its a man thing! :roll:

golach
16-Feb-09, 21:16

You can go over-proof, but you cannot go over 100% alcohol. Are you sure your HOGHEAD isn't up your BUTT? ;) No harm in admitting you were wrong golach.

Where did I say it was 100% alcohol Scorrie, I said 100 proof Bacardi, ok in my enthusiasm I added the percentage sign, I was just pointing out Bacardi is not necessarily a, as you put it a Wumans drink. Thats as near an admittance that I was in error.[lol]

ShelleyCowie
17-Feb-09, 14:09
Bored....................................:roll:

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:05
I went to the pictures tomorrow,
And took a front seat at the back,
I fell from the pit to the gallery,
And broke a thigh bone in my back!

I had a blind man to guide me,
And saw a dead donkey die,
So I took out my dagger to shoot him,
And he landed me one in the eye !!

:lol::lol::lol: Can't get to sleep !!!!!!

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:08

Lol that is funny!

Im just bored! The OH is playin the xbox, so i am here browsing until bed time! If ever....its a new game he got!

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:11
Thanks Shelley !!

Glad there is someone else on here that I can "chat" with at this time of night !!!! Guess you have the wee man keeping you outta bed... me ? I've no excuse !!!! ;)

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:14
Thanks Shelley !!

Glad there is someone else on here that I can "chat" with at this time of night !!!! Guess you have the wee man keeping you outta bed... me ? I've no excuse !!!! ;)

No the wee man is in bed....sleeping long ago! Its the other man making me stay up! Saying i have to watch this game because its so awsome! :roll:

TBH
18-Feb-09, 01:15

:lol::lol::lol: Can't get to sleep !!!!!!Absolutely spiffing Iffy,.

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:21
Hmmmmmm what to do...........:roll:

TBH
18-Feb-09, 01:28
Hmmmmmm what to do...........:roll:Have some toast Shelley.

joxville
18-Feb-09, 01:29
Toast the Xbox!

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:31
Have some toast Shelley.

Dont tempt me!!! I was just sayin to the OH i might get some!

Toast the Xbox!

Again...dont tempt me! But then he will just steal my xbox...cant be having that! Its mines!!! lol!

TBH
18-Feb-09, 01:36
Dont tempt me!!! I was just sayin to the OH i might get some!

Again...dont tempt me! But then he will just steal my xbox...cant be having that! Its mines!!! lol!Just stick some bread in his Xbox's dvd drive and blame the kids.:evil[lol]

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:37
Just stick some bread in his Xbox's dvd drive and blame the kids.:evil[lol]

Haha the kids aint here...and i am sitting right infront o him basically! The pc and xbox's are both in the living room! My house is worse than gamestation!! :roll:

devil's sidekick
18-Feb-09, 01:38

lol that is good

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:38
OK, what to do then....

1. Make a cuppa - nah, I don't fancy one at this time o' night !

2. Go to bed and count sheep - they don't stay still long enough to count :lol:

3. Keep posting on here - thats what I'm doing already !!

4. Start on tomorrow night's dinner - was hoping OH
would take me out for lunch tomorrow ??

5. Argue with yourself - yeah, thats what I'm doing on here !!

6. DON'T post a thread which will create trouble - I did that before - won't be doing it again :eek:

7. Go and "speak" to the cat - shes asleep in the OH's chair !

8. Any other suggestions peeps ?? :roll:

scorrie
18-Feb-09, 01:41
Here's a story to break the boredom. It is all true:-

Some years ago, I worked in a betting office. You certainly saw all forms of life there. There was a regular character, who hailed from Castle Douglas, way in the South of Scotland. The first time I became aware of his "Walter Mitty" tales was the time he claimed his pal had driven from Castle Douglas to Wick in three hours!! Next was a story about drinking three pints of Creme de Menthe in a "wanner" and the next thing he remembered was lying on the pub floor getting the kiss-of-life from the barmaid. Anyway, one night I was covering evening racing in the bookies during a really quiet spell. My pal had come in to see what the crack was and our "hero" wandered in. I could tell there was something different about his appearance but couldn't quite place what it was. As he drew nearer to the counter, I could see that his face was unusual. It then dawned on me, he had no eyebrows!! On closer inspection I could see that his fringe was missing as well.

"Here Davy, what happened to your face?" I enquired.

"Oh, Ma chip pan went on fire last night!!" he replied.

"How the hell did you get burnt though?" I asked.

"Well, I saw the flames coming out and thought I had better look in to see if my chips were burnt. When I put my face over the pan, my eyebrows and hair caught fire!!"

"Were your chips burnt then?"

"OH AYE!!"

After a couple of bets he decided to head up the road. As he was leaving my pal and I struck up a song:-

"Burn Davy Burn, Chip Pan Inferno"

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 01:42
OK, what to do then....

1. Make a cuppa - nah, I don't fancy one at this time o' night !

2. Go to bed and count sheep - they don't stay still long enough to count :lol:

3. Keep posting on here - thats what I'm doing already !!

4. Start on tomorrow night's dinner - was hoping OH
would take me out for lunch tomorrow ??

5. Argue with yourself - yeah, thats what I'm doing on here !!

6. DON'T post a thread which will create trouble - I did that before - won't be doing it again :eek:

7. Go and "speak" to the cat - shes asleep in the OH's chair !

8. Any other suggestions peeps ?? :roll:

I tried speaking to the cat too...he ignored me! Same as the OH did. He just pretends he is listening!

You could do something crafty! Make a macaroni neclace! Lol!

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:44
Oh... just thought o' another GREAT one ????

"The sky has holes where the rain gets in,
But the holes are small.. thats why rain is thin !!!!!"

:lol::lol::lol:

butterfly
18-Feb-09, 01:48
know how you feel,cant sleep either.lying here listening to a snoring farting dog:(

Iffy
I tried speaking to the cat too...he ignored me! Same as the OH did. He just pretends he is listening!

You could do something crafty! Make a macaroni neclace! Lol!

Right... got the thread, got the macaroni....
Wot now ??? :lol:

Sorry Shelley, I'm no used to being awake this time o' night !!!!

ShelleyCowie
Lol Scorrie yer wee story has cracked me up! Read it out to the OH aswell!

And thats the xbox has been turned off! Yay! That means bed time eventually!

It is no him that gets up with the bairn in the morning! :roll: Never mind!

Anyways am off for now! Speak tomorrow! ;):Razz

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:50
Hi Scorrie,

VERY funny story, thats my kinda humour !!! And wots YOUR excuse for being around at this time o' night ? !! :lol:

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 01:53
know how you feel,cant sleep either.lying here listening to a snoring farting dog:(

Hi Butterfly,

No dog here, farting, snoring or otherwise. Just me (awake!!) and my OH (asleep!!) and the bairn (cat!) likewise - good fun posting on here at this time o' night though - may do it more often !! :roll:

butterfly
18-Feb-09, 01:58
yeah its good when you canna sleep,oh on night duty and i have just finished watching"most haunted"so my mind is running riot now.would go for a walk but its too creepy now!:lol:

Iffy
18-Feb-09, 02:02
Well I would come for a walk with you, Butterfly - but seeing as I'm in ma goonie, I MAY scare the living daylights outta the neighbours !!!:lol:

butterfly
18-Feb-09, 02:11
went on you tube looking for ghost clips too...big mistake,too many pop ups now ma poor heart is racing!looks like i will be sleeping with the light on tonight hee hee.[lol]

Kevin Milkins
18-Feb-09, 03:11

That is just what I am doing now, dirty stinker.LOL

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 14:38
I never got til sleep til 5am! [evil] 5 bloomin in the morning!!!! Was ragin! Asthma gettin to me again!

I was so tired....and i was gettin angry at ma pillow. And without a doubt, the OH was fast asleep. [disgust] Lucky for some!

wifie
18-Feb-09, 16:28
Also ate 3 bags of quarter backs!

Anything random anybody wants to say!

A bit of canibal are you, those poor guys.[lol]

OK this isn't random but is driving me nuts - what the poop is a quarter back and why did you eat 3 bags of them? I assume that like TBH suggests they are not the american footie guys cos I don't think you would get many of them to a bag! :confused

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 16:31
OK this isn't random but is driving me nuts - what the poop is a quarter back and why did you eat 3 bags of them? I assume that like TBH suggests they are not the american footie guys cos I don't think you would get many of them to a bag! :confused

Quarter backs are crisps! ;) Cheeseburger flavour i think....get them in Ferriers newsagents. They are yummy!

wifie
18-Feb-09, 17:05
Quarter backs are crisps! ;) Cheeseburger flavour i think....get them in Ferriers newsagents. They are yummy!

Again not random but TY! :D

AfternoonDelight
18-Feb-09, 17:10
I cut my own hair last night....and not just a trim either... :D

wifie
18-Feb-09, 17:13

Man this recession is biting! :eek:

AfternoonDelight
18-Feb-09, 17:18
So were the scissors - could do with a sharpen!

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 17:19
Man this recession is biting! :eek:

I think so! Lol.

Sayin that i cut the OH's hair. He hates sitting in hair dressers for some reason. So we have our own clippers and i cut his hair.

And to be honest i have not had a hair cut in about 9 months. I have a fear of getting my hair cut...dont like it at all! :eek:

joxville
18-Feb-09, 21:38

That's not a nice way to speak about your OH. :)

joxville
18-Feb-09, 21:40

I don't need scissors-a Mach 3 Turbo and gel is what I use. :D

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 21:43
I don't need scissors-a Mach 3 Turbo and gel is what I use. :D

And a leather shammy! [lol]

wifie
18-Feb-09, 21:47

LOL! [lol]

S&LHEN
18-Feb-09, 21:47
Oh my goodness I ate sponges in my pregnancy only I had to have soap on mine it needed to be a certain texture too.
:lol::lol:My mum was furious with me saying you ll harm that baby with your sponges well I have to say 9ib+ it couldnt have been to bad HA HA

joxville
18-Feb-09, 21:53
Think your smart do you? Hmmph, FYI it's spelt chamois! :)

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 21:54

Obviously i am not smart since i cant spell "shammy" (chamois) [lol]

wifie
18-Feb-09, 21:54
Deer! Deer! :Razz

butterfly
18-Feb-09, 22:00
glad to see you got rid o that avatar that looks like nadia sawalha jox,the new one is better looking!;)

joxville
18-Feb-09, 22:25
glad to see you got rid o that avatar that looks like nadia sawalha jox,the new one is better looking!;)

I was going to use one of myself as an avatar but would probably get an infraction for it. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 23:08
I was going to use one of myself as an avatar but would probably get an infraction for it. [lol]

Hardly Jox.....u already posted a photo o urself on a thread! ;)

ShelleyCowie
18-Feb-09, 23:29
I made a massive mistake! Tonight i cooked cumberland sausages for dinner for me and the OH, i put on 2 extra so i could have a sausage sandwich for supper tonight.

I was going through to the kitchen to put my sons bowl thru and do dishes and what did i see...the cat runnin away with my sausages! [evil] grrr!

My own fault for leavin them out i know but they were wrapped in kitchen foil. He ripped thru it! :~(

No supper for me! Was lookin forward to that and a brew!

JAWS
19-Feb-09, 01:36
Now Shelley, talking about Cumberland in the Highlands, even I'm not that brave! :eek: No wonder the cat ran off with them. :lol:

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 01:43
Now Shelley, talking about Cumberland in the Highlands, even I'm not that brave! :eek: No wonder the cat ran off with them. :lol:

Cant help it! They are just so tasty!

ShelleyCowie
19-Feb-09, 12:31
Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooored :(

Vistravi
19-Feb-09, 17:45
I made a massive mistake! Tonight i cooked cumberland sausages for dinner for me and the OH, i put on 2 extra so i could have a sausage sandwich for supper tonight.

I was going through to the kitchen to put my sons bowl thru and do dishes and what did i see...the cat runnin away with my sausages! grrr!

My own fault for leavin them out i know but they were wrapped in kitchen foil. He ripped thru it!

No supper for me! Was lookin forward to that and a brew!

[lol] Fintan mustve been very hungry indeed!! Clever cat to rip the packaging. My mum had a birman that would rip the sachet of cat food open if you were only a min late to feed him:roll:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 01:22
There is nowt on tv.........................Bored! :eek:

Iffy
20-Feb-09, 01:40
Hi Shelley, are you still up ? :)

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 01:45
Hi Shelley, are you still up ? :)

Am indeed.....i know if i go to bed i will just sit up all night and watch dvds! [lol]

teenybash
20-Feb-09, 01:50
Where do you get your energy from.........I want some.:)

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 01:52

I have no idea! :confused U can have loads if u want! maybe i can sleep then!

teenybash
20-Feb-09, 01:57
You are probably highly intelligent and your mind is thirsty looking for something interesting to soak up............:eek:

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 01:58
You are probably highly intelligent and your mind is thirsty looking for something interesting to soak up............:eek:

Haha highly intelligent has not really been used to describe me before! [lol]

The OH is on night shift again tonight and i dont tend to sleep when he aint here! :~(

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 01:59
i know how you feel shelleybain i havent been able to sleep properly since my boy was born.(unfortunately that was 8 years ago )

teenybash
20-Feb-09, 02:01
Lucky you to have a bed all to yourself. My oh is trying to imitate the grunts of a wild pig...............I am waiting for the racket to hopefulyl subside and then get some sleep...........:(

abc123
20-Feb-09, 02:03
highly intelligent has not really been used to describe me before!

< genuine surprise >

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 02:04
Fuzzypeg its not even my son keeping me up! He has not done that since he was about 3-4 weeks old! He is a lazy wee plopp!! Sleeps from bout 9.30pm-10am! Lol!

There aint even anything decent on TV now! Have watched all the programs i recorded on sky+ aswell!

suppose i will have to give in and go to bed! Not saying i am going to sleep, going to watch battlestar galactica, starting watching all the seasons again!

Im such a geek! :confused[lol]

Night all! :Razz

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 02:05
< genuine surprise >

:roll: It starts again!

Im off to bed before this kicks off...

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 02:09
night night shelleybain. . . . . its not my son that keeps me awake .he is fast asleep in my bed as speak. . .. its my self. i cant get myself into a sleep regime since he was concieved. . . . strangely enough!

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 02:16
hello fuzzypeg,i am still up too,but its usual for me!

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 02:22
hello butterfly ,not unusual for me im afraid ,long days and even longer nights are a norm for me .my oh works away through week and i cant be bothered going to bed.but had a sleeping disorder when i was pregnant with my boy and think a lot of it stems from there too . . . . .

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 02:28
fuzzypeg,my oh is on nights so i like the quietness of the house when kids are in bed,i call it my quality time,daytime is a bit hectic when they are all here!just me and the dog just now and its bliss:D

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 02:32
i know exactually what you mean peace and quiet is bliss . . . .and getting control of the tv helps too . . . when there is something decent on. . .

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 02:37
i know what you mean tho about bad sleeping routine,it can take a while to get back into going to bed at a decent time and falling asleep.i can go to bed early but just cant fall asleep!having a baby can knock you off your routine too

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 02:42
yes, but after 8 years ... you would think there would be some form of routine. afterall kids are put to bed at seven for lights out at nine ...i just cant seem to get in one!

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 02:46
thats the same with me!i dinna watch tv at this time,load o rubbish on so i just go on org and see what the crack is.i would like to sleep at a decent time cause some nights i am knackered but cant wind down.when the lighter nights are here i will go out walks with the dog and see if that will tire me out!

Anne x
20-Feb-09, 02:51

Please Bottle it , I need some Now ! Its late Im tired Ive a sick Dog and the rest !wish I had half a sec of your energy dont mean to be be rude but do you take steroids for your asthma It would explain a lot

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 02:55
Please Bottle it , I need some Now ! Its late Im tired Ive a sick Dog and the rest wish I had half a sec of your energy

ah anne,wish i had some of your tiredness!then maybe i could get some shut eye.are you worried about the dog?

fuzzypeg
20-Feb-09, 02:56
sounds great . . .walking dogs at all hours . . .think my lazy lot would object, except for the pup .... the other two like thier sleep ....but i couldnt leave kids unattended anyway....bummer... suppose i should log off and try to get some sleep .....kids still got school in the morning.night night sleep tight

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 03:00
night night fuzzypeg,sweet dreams!

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 12:14
Please Bottle it , I need some Now ! Its late Im tired Ive a sick Dog and the rest !wish I had half a sec of your energy dont mean to be be rude but do you take steroids for your asthma It would explain a lot

Anne i have always been like this. Constantly full of life, even before the steroids! But they probably do add to it!

Looks like the party went well on last night! Lol.

I was awake til about 4am :( just sat and watched battlestar galactica in bed.

hotrod4
20-Feb-09, 12:18
Anne i have always been like this. Constantly full of life, even before the steroids! But they probably do add to it!

Looks like the party went well on last night! Lol.

I was awake til about 4am :( just sat and watched battlestar galactica in bed.
Didnt have you down as a sci-fi fanatic shelley seems you have quite an open mind!!!:roll:

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:20
ok you asked for random, well you know how in some familys you may get the odd person thats left handed, well my mum,dad and 2 sisters are right handed except me, well now myself,partner and 2 of my kids are left handed, and my middle daughter is right, and the baby well he is to little yet, i find this strange, anyone else got this.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 12:23
Didnt have you down as a sci-fi fanatic shelley seems you have quite an open mind!!!:roll:

Oh yes i am very into sci-fi! Battlestar galactica is just one of my favourites! Im a Star wars fan too! :eek:

ok you asked for random, well you know how in some familys you may get the odd person thats left handed, well my mum,dad and 2 sisters are right handed except me, well now myself,partner and 2 of my kids are left handed, and my middle daughter is right, and the baby well he is to little yet, i find this strange, anyone else got this.

My OH's middle aged son (5) is left handed and we keep forgetting! He likes playing guitar hero, and we often forget that he is left handed and to turn the guitar the other way around lol

abc123
20-Feb-09, 12:25
My OH's middle aged son (5)

Kids are growing up quick these days - only 5 and middle aged already.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 12:25
Kids are growing up quick these days - only 5 and middle aged already.

I mean the child thats the middle, oldest is 7, middle is 5 and youngest is 5 months! :roll:

balto
20-Feb-09, 12:26
Oh yes i am very into sci-fi! Battlestar galactica is just one of my favourites! Im a Star wars fan too! :eek:

My OH's middle aged son (5) is left handed and we keep forgetting! He likes playing guitar hero, and we often forget that he is left handed and to turn the guitar the other way around lol
my eldest daughter is getting so annoyed cause she doesnt know how to do skoobies properly and all her friends are right handed, so do it back to front, it aint easy being a lefty you know lol, mum tried to teach me to knit when i was youngr,, again she did it the opposite way round to me think she lost the will to live in the end lol.

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 12:31
my eldest daughter is getting so annoyed cause she doesnt know how to do skoobies properly and all her friends are right handed, so do it back to front, it aint easy being a lefty you know lol, mum tried to teach me to knit when i was youngr,, again she did it the opposite way round to me think she lost the will to live in the end lol.

Ah that would be hard right enuf! trying to teach a left handed person how to do things right handed...or teaching a right handed person how to do things left handed!

So confusing! Lol

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 22:30
Jeepers i seem to be a pro at going off topic, not 100% my fault. I get easily led on! [lol] you know who you are! haha. Jokin.

So what are folks up to tonight then?

Remember say what you want because there is no chance of going off topic in this thread! ;)

TBH
20-Feb-09, 22:40
Ah that would be hard right enuf! trying to teach a left handed person how to do things right handed...or teaching a right handed person how to do things left handed!

So confusing! LolSouth paws used to be forced to write with their right hand at school.

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:26
Jeepers i seem to be a pro at going off topic, not 100% my fault. I get easily led on! [lol] you know who you are! haha. Jokin.

So what are folks up to tonight then?

Remember say what you want because there is no chance of going off topic in this thread! ;)

no worries shelley,that thread was off topic since page one![lol]

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 23:28
no worries shelley,that thread was off topic since page one![lol]

Yeah i know but dont want to contribute to it anymore now since our opinion was not being taken into consideration anyway.

This is the general thread...for anything general. Im safe here! [lol]

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:30
yeah ,we should have more threads like this one too

ShelleyCowie
20-Feb-09, 23:32
yeah ,we should have more threads like this one too

Its ok we will just have to keep this one at the top til keep adding to it!

Am watching pushing daisies just now. Im hooked! Since episode 1! :Razz

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:37
tbh,i have a friend who had that done to her at school but it didnt work she still is left handed and a lovely knitter too,although it did take a while to practice the art of knitting left handed.

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-09, 23:39
AIB is getting drunk tonight how is that for a general post..........:lol:

Its harder to type aftr a few bottles of wine.........................;)

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:46
what you gettin pie eyed on?

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-09, 23:50
Black tower times 2 is done. im on gamekeepers reserve red wine now mmmmmmmm white then red not a good idea...................:lol:

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:51
shelley i am watching ramsays kitchen nightmares,but i feel a munchie attack coming on so i am off to put the kettle on.....

butterfly
20-Feb-09, 23:59
Black tower times 2 is done. im on gamekeepers reserve red wine now mmmmmmmm white then red not a good idea...................:lol:

hope you get a long lie in 2moro....so gonna have a sore head:lol:

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:07
shelley i am watching ramsays kitchen nightmares,but i feel a munchie attack coming on so i am off to put the kettle on.....

I have it recorded! ;) Mmmmmmmmmmmm Gordon Ramsay. Im glad when his "affair" came out that mine and his was not revealed! [lol][lol]

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:12
i am having nice munchies,3 macaroon bars ,2 sherbet dips ,cadburys chocolate and wotsits.gonna save the refreshers and choc chip ice-cream till later....mmmmmmm

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:14
i am having nice munchies,3 macaroon bars ,2 sherbet dips ,cadburys chocolate and wotsits.gonna save the refreshers and choc chip ice-cream till later....mmmmmmm

Haha and i thot i was bad! Im eatin Peanut M&M's just now. Yum! I dunno what it is with food just now!

usually i dont really eat that much but over the last week i just cant stop! :eek:

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 00:15
hope you get a long lie in 2moro....so gonna have a sore head:lol:

ooooo the joiner is arriving at eleven but worse than that I have five kids and te first up is usually 7 oclockish.................[lol]

Oh well looks like alice will be having an easy morning !! not

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:18
ooooo the joiner is arriving at eleven but worse than that I have five kids and te first up is usually 7 oclockish.................[lol]

Oh well looks like alice will be having an easy morning !! not

i would get up very very slowly alice...and drink lots o water before bedtime,works for me;)

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:20
Last time i was "drunk" was janruary 2008. lol.

Im guessing Iffy will be on here to join us soon with her late night antics! And i thought i never slept! [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-09, 00:23
i would get up very very slowly alice...and drink lots o water before bedtime,works for me;)

Watere............oops Ive just poured another red :lol:

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 00:31
Watere............oops Ive just poured another red :lol:

you will get the munchies too with all that wine.i always feel like a feast after a dram.....;)and shelley last time i had m and m's i had to go to dentist so i steer clear o them now....love them tho but.....

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:39
Just cant stop shovelin em in ma gob! [lol]

Im scavenging the internet for any ad's on kittens for sale. Even twisting the OH's arm to possibly get a puppy. Just nothing right now.

And it dont help that we can only get a border collie, its the only dog hair my OH aint allergic too!! :roll: Luckily we have experience with border collies, hyperactive wee monkeys should be another name for em! [lol]

TBH
21-Feb-09, 00:49
Just cant stop shovelin em in ma gob! [lol]

Im scavenging the internet for any ad's on kittens for sale.
Damn, Shelley, you are one mean woman, first eating Quarter-backs, then eating innocent kittens.[disgust][lol]

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:51
Damn, Shelley, you are one mean woman, first eating Quarter-backs, then eating innocent kittens.[disgust][lol]

Haha yeah mean is a gentle word...i have heard worse! Lol!

But naw cant seem to find kittens for sale anywhere in the area right now, or border collie pups! Just no luck! Once i get my mind on something like getting a new pet it bothers me until i find one!

Just want to give an animal a good home here with us! I know my house is mad...no wait its very mad! But always time for pets! :Razz

TBH
21-Feb-09, 00:52
Haha yeah mean is a gentle word...i have heard worse! Lol!

But naw cant seem to find kittens for sale anywhere in the area right now, or border collie pups! Just no luck! Once i get my mind on something like getting a new pet it bothers me until i find one!

Just want to give an animal a good home here with us! I know my house is mad...no wait its very mad! But always time for pets! :RazzWouldn't you be cheaper going to the butchers?

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 00:56
Wouldn't you be cheaper going to the butchers?

I think so! [lol] Support local butchers eh!

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 01:01
tbh,why did schools years ago try to make left handed people write with their right hand?my friend used to get her knuckles rapped with a ruler if teacher caught her writing with her left hand.:confused

wifie
21-Feb-09, 01:04
I am not sure but I think it goes way back - something to do wi witchcraft or devils perhaps. I could google! :roll: Is awful when you think about it as it probably stiffled these children in so many ways not to mention the humiliation!

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 01:07
wifie,my friend is hopeless at joined up writing,just cant do it but a lovely knitter.......

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 01:10
I knitted a toy once. It was a snowman teddy thing. Was awfully proud of myself! :Razz Could probs never do it again though! My BP was probs sky high! [lol]

wifie
21-Feb-09, 01:10
Writing will have bad associations for her! Knitting she obviously found her own way! I am not left handed but am told I knit in a strange fashion!

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 01:17
Ahh what...now i wish the OH was on night shift! Im gettin told "bed time, get off the org for goodness sake"

How very dare he! :eek:[lol]

Well i have to cut it short tonight then! :~( Without a doubt am back tomorrow!

Night everyone x

TBH
21-Feb-09, 01:24
tbh,why did schools years ago try to make left handed people write with their right hand?my friend used to get her knuckles rapped with a ruler if teacher caught her writing with her left hand.:confusedI forget the details but I know it went on and the rap on the knuckles with the ruler was one of the punishments for writing with the left hand.

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 01:26
Writing will have bad associations for her! Knitting she obviously found her own way! I am not left handed but am told I knit in a strange fashion!

she just uses right hand knitting patterns and then does it the opposite way but many left handers struggle when it comes to knitting.i used to knit years ago but prefer patchwork quilting.also like making rugs but havent done one for a while now.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 21:43
Ohhhhhhhhh im watching Babe the sheep pig. Love that movie! Big bairn i am i swear!

What is everybody doin enight? Any exciting plans for a saturday night? :Razz

joxville
21-Feb-09, 21:48
I'm going to watch The Girl Next Door. I hope her boyfriend is out. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 21:49

Lol....trust u til say somethin like that.

Am booooooooooooooored. :(

joxville
21-Feb-09, 21:58
Lol....trust u til say somethin like that.

Am booooooooooooooored. :(

Sorry, I forgot to mention it's on BBC 3 at 9pm.

Meanwhile, on Channel 4 at 9pm is Vera Drake, with Imelda Staunton. I watched it a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. Set in the 1950's, Staunton plays a cleaner but also does back-street abortions until the law catches up with her. It's a great film and depicts the grime of the era very well. I'd give it 10/10 for the acting and for getting the feel of the time just right.

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 21:58

lol i nearly choked on my maltesers![lol]

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 22:12
this looks like a good film jox,what you stuffing your face with 2nite shelley,just finished a box of maltesers and they were followed by a crunchie:lol:

mums angels
21-Feb-09, 22:18
i realise this is a "general" thread but have you maybe thought of using the caithness.org chatroom to discuss what your all watching or eating ?

just a thought ....

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 22:20
this looks like a good film jox,what you stuffing your face with 2nite shelley,just finished a box of maltesers and they were followed by a crunchie:lol:

I have nowt to eat! :~( Well not yet. Got til get my son fed in a minute and get him to bed. He is sittin gigglin at me just now.

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 22:27
i realise this is a "general" thread but have you maybe thought of using the caithness.org chatroom to discuss what your all watching or eating ?

just a thought ....

no,:roll::roll::roll:

mums angels
21-Feb-09, 22:31
no,:roll::roll::roll:

no??? as in "no" you hadn't thought of using it or as in "no" you won't use it ?

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 22:43
I have nowt to eat! :~( Well not yet. Got til get my son fed in a minute and get him to bed. He is sittin gigglin at me just now.

well go and raid the cupboard then[lol]

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 22:58
well go and raid the cupboard then[lol]

I have but just cana find anythin i really want. Tempted to get some Mackies ice cream! ;)

butterfly
21-Feb-09, 23:03
I have but just cana find anythin i really want. Tempted to get some Mackies ice cream! ;)

i am having eggsalad sandwich....yum yum.baby sleeping?

21-Feb-09, 23:17
The use of the forums for rapid back and forth 'one liners' is not considered suitable - if you wish to indulge in chat style conversations (which this thread is slowly becoming) please use the dedicated Chatroom.

Thanks.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 23:20
The use of the forums for rapid back and forth 'one liners' is not considered suitable - if you wish to indulge in chat style conversations (which this thread is slowly becoming) please use the dedicated Chatroom.

Thanks.

Will do in future.

No i wouldn't sit there and take someone calling me a bad parent.

its a shame you are in tears but this is what happens on the org when peoples posts get a little "annoying" , tempers flare etc its better to stop when you're ahead so to speak .

For now though i aint standing down until i get an apology.

I aint easily broken down but my parenting is to high standards. My son adores me. I take care of him well but Metalattakk is questioning that. How dare he. (i am assuming Metalattakk is a he).

Metalattakk
21-Feb-09, 23:21

Thanks.

Thank you Moderator. Sanity beckons at last.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 23:21
Thank you Moderator. Sanity beckons at last.

Am i going to get an apology? :confused

Metalattakk
21-Feb-09, 23:23
For now though i aint standing down until i get an apology.

You ain't getting one until you read, cogitate and understand what I actually said. And by the time you've done that, you'll see that an apology is certainly not required.

ShelleyCowie
21-Feb-09, 23:24
You ain't getting one until you read, cogitate and understand what I actually said. And by the time you've done that, you'll see that an apology is certainly not required.

You questioned my parenting. Do you know me? Have you ever seen me with my son? Dont think so.

So dont ever question my parenting or call my son unfortunate.

Enough is enough from you about that.

Im a good mum, infact no i am a great mum.

EDIT - Had enough of this so closing thread.

21-Feb-09, 23:29
Everyone needs to step away from the keyboard, go and make a coffee/tea/other beverage, and take a few deep breaths while counting to ten...

:)