PDA

View Full Version : heating on buses

purplelady
14-Feb-09, 00:04
Read in the groat today about the heating on the dounreay buses and was thinking it is the same on all buses went down to inverness on monday on the 1st bus and it was freezing, do wonder if the driver gets any heating as he was sat in his jumper, and the same coming back on the last bus weds so come on stagecoach do some thing pls . Was wondering if anyone else has had same prob on the buses xxxxxx

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 00:21
Not to be nasty to the bus services but yes i have had many experiences with no heating on buses!

Cant say that trains are much better though!

rainbow
14-Feb-09, 16:20
My husband uses the Dounreay shift buses, and he normally cannot wait to get off them as they are that hot, so hot he sleeps all the way home!!

badger
14-Feb-09, 16:33
You would think, wouldn't you, that it's not rocket science to have some kind of heating system on trains and buses that actually worked and could be adjusted. Cars have systems that can be adjusted but the staff on trains and buses seem to be completely powerless. The more automatic and computerised they get, the less control staff have.

I remember once travelling to London on a NatEx bus that had a wonderful new computerised system which the driver could not control - it was a nightmare. Just got hotter and hotter. If he opened a window it increased the heat to compensate. [disgust]

Maybe a little dial that could be turned up or down would be good?

speedo215
14-Feb-09, 17:35
well the only time i have experienced a lack of heating on buses was monday morning but that was due tot he fact that it was so cold outside that it took a while for the bus to warm up.I use buses everyday and can honestly say that the heating is normally fine with the odd occasion like monday

davie
14-Feb-09, 17:42
I noticed that e Groat headline referred to Dounreay 'workers' being cold. Now if it had said 'employees' it might have been believable but 'workers' - I think not

Mr P Cannop
14-Feb-09, 19:05
this comes just over a week since the Caithness Bus users group meeting on the 6th feb @ 3pm in Thurso

purplelady
15-Feb-09, 01:59
This not the first time I have experenced this and I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NEED TO WARM UP BUT SURELY 3 HOURS IS LONG ENOUGH IT WAS NO WARMER TIME WE GOT TO INVERNESS XXXXXXX

speedo215
15-Feb-09, 11:18
This not the first time I have experenced this and I DO UNDERSTAND THAT THEY NEED TO WARM UP BUT SURELY 3 HOURS IS LONG ENOUGH IT WAS NO WARMER TIME WE GOT TO INVERNESS XXXXXXX

oh yes that it far too long, if it had been me i would have gone intot he bus station and ask who i would need to put my complaint too

Amy-Winehouse
15-Feb-09, 14:41
The last train I was on was about 6 weeks ago & I could honestly say it was warmer outside, It was the journey from hell!!!

I got the bus from Wick to Inverness which used to take 2hours 50 mins- it took 4 hours!!:eek:
There was a crash on the Black Isle & it was diverted to Muir Of Ord & Beauly so I missed my connection by 1 hour. There was no toilet but 2 long stops at Dornoch & Tain- why does it go to Seaburn???? then Milton??? no one got on or off - and it was freezing on the bus.

The train was a mare as well, Elgin`s village idiot got on at Nairn & sat on top of me!!???? Im not tiny either- dont know how he missed me!! He then hid as the ticket inspector came round but he got him at Forres with a tin of lager in his hand & a half fare ticket[lol] Needless to say the T.I was raging & took his name.
The elgin chav thought he was funny with music blaring(if ever i needed a hammer it was then) & started abusing the T.I as he was getting off at Elgin- only to be met by the coppers & handcuffed & led away sobbing much to the whole carriage`s amusement and delight!!!!

To top it off, the train was 35 mins late getting into Aberdeen, public transport in Scotland is pathetic, no just buses

purplelady
16-Feb-09, 00:25
have complained before but all you get is we will look into it and you hear nothing at all x

Mr P Cannop
16-Feb-09, 07:09
have complained before but all you get is we will look into it and you hear nothing at all x

aye i agree

speedo215
16-Feb-09, 18:56
The last train I was on was about 6 weeks ago & I could honestly say it was warmer outside, It was the journey from hell!!!

I got the bus from Wick to Inverness which used to take 2hours 50 mins- it took 4 hours!!:eek:
There was a crash on the Black Isle & it was diverted to Muir Of Ord & Beauly so I missed my connection by 1 hour. There was no toilet but 2 long stops at Dornoch & Tain- why does it go to Seaburn???? then Milton??? no one got on or off - and it was freezing on the bus.

The train was a mare as well, Elgin`s village idiot got on at Nairn & sat on top of me!!???? Im not tiny either- dont know how he missed me!! He then hid as the ticket inspector came round but he got him at Forres with a tin of lager in his hand & a half fare ticket[lol] Needless to say the T.I was raging & took his name.
The elgin chav thought he was funny with music blaring(if ever i needed a hammer it was then) & started abusing the T.I as he was getting off at Elgin- only to be met by the coppers & handcuffed & led away sobbing much to the whole carriage`s amusement and delight!!!!

To top it off, the train was 35 mins late getting into Aberdeen, public transport in Scotland is pathetic, no just buses

poor you, sounds like the journey from hell, i am amused about the aberdeen train though it is always early in both directions whenever i use it

Amy-Winehouse
16-Feb-09, 22:02
poor you, sounds like the journey from hell, i am amused about the aberdeen train though it is always early in both directions whenever i use it

It is seldom late but it was a 21.30 departure that was late due to the carriages not being cleaned on the previous journey & the Driver stated that the train wasnt warm enough for paying passengers(I instantly liked him;))to travel on. As you say Speedo, It is 99times out of a 100 good service

purplelady
18-Feb-09, 13:54
Trouble is our vocies are never heard if one or two of us complain we somehow need to get together and start a pettion we cannot boycott we have one other real service do we anyone got any reasonable suggestions please tell before half of caithness end up with frostbite hehehehe x