PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a friend for my cat!

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 17:35
Hi there,

as most might have read recently i was looking to get a pet tortoise or turtle. But that is having to go on hold right now!

My cat Fintan is looking for a new friend. Thing is....Fintan does not take kindly to other cats, he only likes kittens (he raises them as his own). He lost his old friend Eoin a while back now and we are looking to get him a new buddy!

I know this might start some arguments and people advise to rescue a cat. As i said my cat does not take to other cats. Just kittens. I would love to rescue a cat but dont want to disrupt the cat i already have.

It would be grand to get Fintan a friend to maybe give him some of his livleyness back! He seems to have gotten rather lazy since he lost his last friend!

So if anybody knows of someone that has some new kittens looking for a home. Please PM me! :D

Liz
13-Feb-09, 18:35
Have you tried Caithness Cats Protection or the SSPCA Shelley as they may have some kittens?:D

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 18:51
Have you tried Caithness Cats Protection or the SSPCA Shelley as they may have some kittens?:D

Hi Liz, yes i checked there before i posted here. There are 2 kittens on Caithness Cat Protection but unfortunately they are 15 weeks old and i know my cat will reject them. I would not want that to happen!

You would think he was a female the way his instincts go! He just prefers new kittens. Bout 8-9 weeks old.

He seems to take them under his wing (or paw) and raise them! Strange cat! But its lovely!

Liz
13-Feb-09, 19:10
It is not really the time of year for very young kittens but, having said that, the weather is so weird they are born all through the year now.

Hope you manage to get a wee companion for Fintan.

Maybe it is a ginger cat 'thing' as I had a lovely big ginger boy who carried a kitten home to us from a nearby farm!
Another ginger cat carried a baby rabbit home. He was followed by lots of bairns shouting at him to stop!:lol:

ShelleyCowie
26-Feb-09, 16:52
Still looking for a companion, have been in contact with caithness cat protection and balmore. Also been to the vets to see if there was anything on the notice board but nothing yet.

Fingers crossed something comes up soon! :)

bbb69
03-Mar-09, 13:22
hi we are also looking for a kitten have you had any luck ?? we have tried every where sspca cats protection shop adds post office adds vet adds papers and online but nothing ....how hard can it be ??

ShelleyCowie
03-Mar-09, 15:49
hi we are also looking for a kitten have you had any luck ?? we have tried every where sspca cats protection shop adds post office adds vet adds papers and online but nothing ....how hard can it be ??

I have had no luck either. Hopefully when the spring time comes there will be a few. Usually when i am not looking for one there are kittens everywhere, but now i want one i cant find any! haha.