PDA

View Full Version : A question for men.

joxville
13-Feb-09, 16:11
Why is it always men that have to do romantic gestures on Valentine's Day? Women wanted equality and got it-so it's about time you women started to treat your menfolk.

Ash
13-Feb-09, 16:17
2years ago i sent roses to my man at work, i think he was embarassed but i always spoil him on valentines day he got his fav aftershave when he came home, im not fussed about over the top xpensive gifts, it the thought that counts....

Anne x
13-Feb-09, 16:22
Why is it always men that have to do romantic gestures on Valentine's Day? Women wanted equality and got it-so it's about time you women started to treat your menfolk.

Some of us already have and now have to put up with the results of it x a number of hours dodging the DVD player with him watching boxed set of Fireball XL5
grrr to wish lists

joxville
13-Feb-09, 16:24
2years ago i sent roses to my man at work, i think he was embarassed but i always spoil him on valentines day he got his fav aftershave when he came home, im not fussed about over the top xpensive gifts, it the thought that counts....

The same happened to me when I worked in Johnston's Bakery. Margaret from Buds and Blooms turned up with flowers for me two days after I had paid for them, and I said she had made a mistake, they were to be delivered to my (then) wife. Margaret said there was no mistake, my wife had been in earlier and paid for them. You see, thats the trouble with women-you have to embarrass the man by having the flowers sent to his work.

Ash
13-Feb-09, 16:39
i didnt send the flowers to embarass him, but he asked me not to send something to his work again, why is it ok for men to send this to womens work but not the other way round :confused

Bazeye
13-Feb-09, 17:08
i didnt send the flowers to embarass him, but he asked me not to send something to his work again, why is it ok for men to send this to womens work but not the other way round :confused

Because its too girly.:D

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 17:20
I bought my partner a Gundam this year for his valentines, he bought me a MP4 Zune (mines recently broke)!

I would love flowers but never get them! Infact one time he went and picked me a daffodil from the garden...thats it! :eek:

Ash
13-Feb-09, 17:39
well ive bought my OH his present but not saying what incase he comes on lol

mulac
13-Feb-09, 18:16
Wouldn't want flowers!

Wouldn't mind a plant tho ! :D

Bazeye
13-Feb-09, 18:34
Wouldn't want flowers!

Wouldn't mind a plant tho ! :D

One you grow in the loft with all the lighting and hydroponics? ;)

joxville
13-Feb-09, 18:40
I bought my partner a Gundam this year for his valentines, he bought me a MP4 Zune (mines recently broke)!

I would love flowers but never get them! Infact one time he went and picked me a daffodil from the garden...thats it! :eek:

What's a Gundam?

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 18:54
What's a Gundam?

Take a look.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PG-Perfect-Grade-Gundam-Seed-Strike-Rouge-Skygasper_W0QQitemZ140292842777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item140292842777

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 19:45
Fleurs!?....for a bloke?...fae a wummin?...not in ma hoose :lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 19:46
Fleurs!?....for a bloke?...fae a wummin?...not in ma hoose :lol:

Then i hope u get your "wummin" some "fleurs" lol!!!

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 19:49
Then i hope u get your "wummin" some "fleurs" lol!!!

Nope, av got better things to be spendin' her money on :D

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 19:51

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really! Hope its something good! :Razz

Cattach
13-Feb-09, 19:52

My wife does treat me but it is something much better than flowers but everyone to their own speciality. I cannot understand why some peole keep trying to make women like men or men like women. Just take both sexes as they are and if they move closer to one same or non sex that's OK but do not feel you always have to force it.

Must go I have to wrap up my wife's valentine present - this frying pan is an odd shape and will take ages. Hope I get an electric drill.

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 19:57
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh really! Hope its something good! :Razz

Totally, i was thinking about 'F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin' :p

sassylass
13-Feb-09, 20:15
snip

Isn't a spontaneous daff from the garden more special than bought flowers? I think so....

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 20:36
Totally, i was thinking about 'F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin' :p

Oh genius present!! :)

I know im getting halo wars at the end of this month! The Limited Edition with the warthog! :Razz

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 20:59
Oh genius present!! :)

I know im getting halo wars at the end of this month! The Limited Edition with the warthog! :Razz

I should add that my wife has no interest in games like F.E.A.R. :p

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 21:01
I should add that my wife has no interest in games like F.E.A.R. :p

Oh right.....well maybe she wont be so appreciative then! u might want to reconsider the present! [lol]

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 21:07
Oh right.....well maybe she wont be so appreciative then! u might want to reconsider the present! [lol]

She won't even know that she has it...:lol:

joxville
13-Feb-09, 21:11
What's a Gundam?

Take a look.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PG-Perfect-Grade-Gundam-Seed-Strike-Rouge-Skygasper_W0QQitemZ140292842777QQcmdZViewItemQQptZ LH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item140292842777

I wish I'd never asked, I'm still none the wiser. :confused

What does it do? Please don't answer. :~(

Sporran
13-Feb-09, 21:20
I always buy my husband a card (often a funny one!) for Valentine's Day, and a small gift. I don't think he'd appreciate flowers, though. Perhaps he'd feel a right pansy if I did! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 21:23
I wish I'd never asked, I'm still none the wiser. :confused

What does it do? Please don't answer. :~(

Come on Jox you should know by now that i dont do retorical questions! You have to build it! its a model I have 2 being built by myself just now! Yes they are pricey but worth it! My livingroom glass cabinets are full of them!

OMG! IM A GEEK! :eek: Luckily i dont look like one....do i?! Boo hoo!

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 21:24
She won't even know that she has it...:lol:

Oh very sneaky! I take it that its one o those presents that you buy for her that you actually want for yourself! [lol]

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 21:30
Oh very sneaky! I take it that its one o those presents that you buy for her that you actually want for yourself! [lol]

Bloomin eck Shelley, you're a bit slow at catching on tonight :lol:, go back and read the posts again, start with the one where i said i can think of much better things to spend HER money on......rather than flowers...for her :lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 21:35
Bloomin eck Shelley, you're a bit slow at catching on tonight :lol:, go back and read the posts again, start with the one where i said i can think of much better things to spend HER money on......rather than flowers...for her :lol:

Ahh i am slow aint i! Think its the lack of coffee today! Have only had 5 cups! Am off to get another....then test me! ;)

Tilter
13-Feb-09, 21:40
Oh no ***@@@!!!!!!###**&&&@#*

Just realised it's the 13th, that means it's Feb 14th tomorrow. It's half past eight and I'm a million miles from the town and I'm not going back out now.

Doghouse for me. And mega-grovelling. Why are men so bloody romantic they want cards and stuff? Who was St Valentine anyway? I'll just tell him he's not Catholic anyway so what's the fuss over a saint's day. Nah, that won't work.

mulac
13-Feb-09, 21:52
One you grow in the loft with all the lighting and hydroponics? ;)

[lol] With the cost of electricty nowadays ! No chance ;)

Aaldtimer
13-Feb-09, 22:40

Just realised it's the 13th, that means it's Feb 14th tomorrow. It's half past eight and I'm a million miles from the town and I'm not going back out now.

Doghouse for me. And mega-grovelling. Why are men so bloody romantic they want cards and stuff? Who was St Valentine anyway? I'll just tell him he's not Catholic anyway so what's the fuss over a saint's day. Nah, that won't work.

Still time Tilter!
http://shopping.aol.co.uk/food-gifts-and-flowers/last-minute-valentines-gifts-from-interflora/gallery/4708 [lol]

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 22:49
Ahh i am slow aint i! Think its the lack of coffee today! Have only had 5 cups! Am off to get another....then test me! ;)

5 cups?...bloomin eck wummin, if i had 5 cups of coffee in a day i'd be awake for a week :lol:

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 22:58
5 cups?...bloomin eck wummin, if i had 5 cups of coffee in a day i'd be awake for a week :lol:

I have to have at least 5 a day to keep me going! I think i need something stronger now though. I was feeding my son and when i moved him....something......unspeakable happened! :eek::~(

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 23:05
I have to have at least 5 a day to keep me going! I think i need something stronger now though. I was feeding my son and when i moved him....something......unspeakable happened! :eek::~(

:lol:...So was is him or you that 'Sharted'?

ShelleyCowie
13-Feb-09, 23:13
:lol:...So was is him or you that 'Sharted'?

It was him! :( All over my MUSE HOODIE! U will love that!

TBH
13-Feb-09, 23:16

Doghouse for me. And mega-grovelling. Why are men so bloody romantic they want cards and stuff? Who was St Valentine anyway? I'll just tell him he's not Catholic anyway so what's the fuss over a saint's day. Nah, that won't work.Gee wiz Tilter, If you were a man then you should worry but most men don't give a castlemaine XXXX for Valentine's day.[lol]

Gizmo
13-Feb-09, 23:21
It was him! :( All over my MUSE HOODIE! U will love that!

:lol:...smart kid, even at such a young age he shows promise of having good taste in music.

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 00:06
:lol:...smart kid, even at such a young age he shows promise of having good taste in music.

He will learn my ways! [lol] I was devastated! all over me!! Its no the first time and am sure its no the last!

golach
14-Feb-09, 00:24
I thought this was a poll on Valentine Day presents thread, not a chat line about bairns poo[disgust]

ShelleyCowie
14-Feb-09, 00:27
I thought this was a poll on Valentine Day presents thread, not a chat line about bairns poo[disgust]

Jeepers sorry! :roll:

Back to thread then....Valentines day - Pointless "."

Thats the end of me on this thread then! Do you want me to start a new thread for bairns poo?! [disgust]

Anne x
14-Feb-09, 00:41
Jeepers sorry! :roll:

Back to thread then....Valentines day - Pointless "."

Thats the end of me on this thread then! Do you want me to start a new thread for bairns poo?! [disgust]

Ideas on a PC Please

No " Constipation" or even worse "The Runs " or 100 ways to design a Valentine Nappy that would be a interesting gift for the males for valentines [lol]

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 01:09

Oh do forgive me your lordship....imagine that, a deviation from the path of the original thread, however will the world cope?....we are all doomed, will you be able to sleep tonight?[evil]

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 01:30
Well it's now Valentoons day.

[Adopts smooth talking late night DJ voice and leans into the microphone]
Happy Valentines day to all you young lovers out there, here's a nice gentle ballad from some nice young men from New York to get you in the mood for love.....Cannibal Corpse, with Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains :lol:

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 01:40

It happens in every thread Golach!! Steering away from sesubjects is part of the org. Its how people get to know each other.

You steered it away just now with your comment

We are now talking about " changing the subject of a thread "

Lets see where that takes us.....................

Metalattakk
14-Feb-09, 02:03
Well it's now Valentoons day.

Happy Valentines day to all you young lovers out there, here's a nice gentle ballad from some nice young men from New York to get you in the mood for love.....Cannibal Corpse, with Scattered Remains, Splattered Brains :lol:

*Sings along with the harmony vocals*

Venture
14-Feb-09, 02:09
First melting snowmen and now singing along to romantic ballads. I think you're getting soft in your old age Metalattakk.:lol:

Metalattakk
14-Feb-09, 02:29

First melting snowmen and now singing along to romantic ballads. I think you're getting soft in your old age Metalattakk.:lol:

It's all just an extended, twisted, homage to death and its utter futility. ;)

Ricco
14-Feb-09, 10:25
I'd appreciate anything! Mrs R doesn't like chocolate, I am discouraged from buying flowers, she doesn't like to go out to dinner and she suggested we re-used our cards last year... so that gesture has gone out the window as well.:(

sassylass
14-Feb-09, 19:06
Mr Sassy and I exchanged funny cards, then he gave me gorgeous red tulips and I gave him new cologne. Now he's gone to take flowers to his mother, that will make her happy too.

golach
14-Feb-09, 20:58
It happens in every thread Golach!! Steering away from sesubjects is part of the org. Its how people get to know each other.....
Steering away from subjects is not part of the Org, if you want to chat and meet may I suggest the chat room, a much better place to meet people, the quiz on a sunday at 8:30 is good fun

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 21:28
Steering away from subjects is not part of the Org,

Would you care to point out where it says that?, or do you just "get off" on antagonising people that you view as not being of "your level"?, you may not like the quality of certain posts, but to be perfectly honest with you, your posts bore the hell out of me, this is NOT just your board.

golach
14-Feb-09, 21:31
but to be perfectly honest with you, your posts bore the hell out of me,
Snap...........

Gizmo
14-Feb-09, 21:34
Snap...........

That's fair enough, and not something i'll lose any sleep over, but you don't see me or others who don't care for your posts interjecting snide comments into them..do you then?

Alice in Blunderland
14-Feb-09, 21:43
Well my hubby received his pressie today delivered to his work.....................a lovely shovel all decorated up with a bow and hellium balloon. :eek:

He got me to dig out the car the other day as he watched cause he was all prim in his smart suit after digging him out he waved and drove off leaving me to dig my own car out. He later joked to his fellow workers that he would get me a heart shaped shovel for valentines day when they told him he owed me a big bunch of flowers for that...................... well to say he was speechless and slightly embarrassed when his pressie arrived in the hospital now to find an operation manual for the shovel .Honestly he will need it. :lol:

When he worked away from home I always sent him flowers and he loved it.

alanabain
14-Feb-09, 21:51
Steering away from subjects is not part of the Org, if you want to chat and meet may I suggest the chat room, a much better place to meet people, the quiz on a sunday at 8:30 is good fun

So are you going to go through every thread and make sure that the initial subject is not getting changed.

I cant say that i have seen one thread that the subject hasnt been changed.

Either that or do you want to give me of what the org is about, because i thought it was a discussion board, where people discuss what they want and other people can add to it.

Sporran
14-Feb-09, 22:04
I'd appreciate anything! Mrs R doesn't like chocolate, I am discouraged from buying flowers, she doesn't like to go out to dinner and she suggested we re-used our cards last year... so that gesture has gone out the window as well.:(

Aw Ricco, poor Ricco, please don't despair
Tell your wifie it's time she let down her hair
This frivolous day only comes once a year
Time to share some Valentine's love with her dear!

JAWS
15-Feb-09, 02:52
My ex used to buy me flowers for Valentine's Day. She used to do it on purpose because she knew it set my hayfever off. [evil]

EDDIE
15-Feb-09, 08:29

Because its a girly thing woman like flowers and getting them sent and most guys dont i only buy flowers because my other half likes that i personally think its a waste of money and 2 weeks later u have nothimg to show for your money

Alice in Blunderland
15-Feb-09, 09:15
The flowers may fade and die but the warm feeling and glow of appreciation from the other half lasts a lot longer and so do the memmories......................... now wheres that sicky bin........ :lol:

Ricco
15-Feb-09, 10:53
Aw Ricco, poor Ricco, please don't despair
Tell your wifie it's time she let down her hair
This frivolous day only comes once a year
Time to share some Valentine's love with her dear!

Thank you, Sporran

Whilst she was visiting her sister I bought a nice bunch of flowers and a NEW card for her. Prepared and cooked evening meal, with a nice bottle of pink bubbly. Oh, and I got nothing. :confused

Ricco
15-Feb-09, 10:57
Would you care to point out where it says that?, or do you just "get off" on antagonising people that you view as not being of "your level"?, you may not like the quality of certain posts, but to be perfectly honest with you, your posts bore the hell out of me, this is NOT just your board.

Snap...........

Peeps, can you two cool or ardour. This is a social site and we have been through this kind of angry tirade before.

Golach - some of enjoy the small (and it is small) amount of chit-chat that goes on. :)

Gizmo - try to not be so blunt and rude. :)

PS - note the smilies, guys.

alanabain
15-Feb-09, 12:45
Peeps, can you two cool or ardour. This is a social site and we have been through this kind of angry tirade before.

Golach - some of enjoy the small (and it is small) amount of chit-chat that goes on. :)

Gizmo - try to not be so blunt and rude. :)

PS - note the smilies, guys.

haha the peacemaker of the org

And cupid by the looks of it LOL

:D

ShelleyCowie
15-Feb-09, 15:57
Thank you, Sporran

Whilst she was visiting her sister I bought a nice bunch of flowers and a NEW card for her. Prepared and cooked evening meal, with a nice bottle of pink bubbly. Oh, and I got nothing. :confused

Aw that does sound really nice! Shame you never recieved anything though!

But still sounds like a nice gesture to Mrs R :Razz

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 16:28

Too right, i'm a wumin but i hate flowers! The last time my partner got me flowers he got hit with them[lol]

He got chocs his fav after eights from me and scoffed them all in a few hours:roll: Gives me teasing ammuniation though.

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 16:36

Oh dear, you have your work cut out on valentimes day then. :roll:

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 16:40
My ex used to buy me flowers for Valentine's Day. She used to do it on purpose because she knew it set my hayfever off. [evil]

Oh nasty!!! Obv didn't love you very much[disgust] Petty really.

Vistravi
15-Feb-09, 16:41
Because its a girly thing woman like flowers and getting them sent and most guys dont i only buy flowers because my other half likes that i personally think its a waste of money and 2 weeks later u have nothimg to show for your money

I must be a confused woman then cos i hate flowers! Absolute waste of money as you said Eddie.

sassylass
15-Feb-09, 18:28
Thank you, Sporran

So, what did you cook?

sweetpea
15-Feb-09, 20:57

No way do I I agree with this. If 2 people love each other it's both ways and will do anything for each other. It's not one sided.:Razz

joxville
15-Feb-09, 23:14
No way do I I agree with this. If 2 people love each other it's both ways and will do anything for each other. It's not one sided.:Razz
Of course you don't agree with it-you're a woman! It's part of your remit to disagree with men. :D

Ricco
16-Feb-09, 18:10
So, what did you cook?

Aberdeen Angus meatballs in a nice rich sauce with roast veggies and steamed broccoli. Just the job!:D

Sporran
17-Feb-09, 21:31
Thank you, Sporran

That was so sweet of you, Ricco! :) I do hope Mrs R makes it up to you sometime!

Hubby and I decided to avoid the Valentine's Day crowds by going out to dinner the evening before. On the big day itself, we bought a take away dinner, which we washed down with one of our favourite wines. We enjoyed the meal as we watched a rental movie at home. A 1992 version of "Wuthering Heights", which we'd never seen before. Always loved the old version starring Merle Oberon and Laurence Olivier, and thoroughly enjoyed this one, starring Juliette Binoche and Ralph Fiennes.

I didn't get flowers from hubby this time, but he bought me a beautiful heart shaped pendant instead, which more than made up for it! :D

I gave him some of his favourite mint chocolates, and a funny card, which he was pleased with. But I think I got the better deal!

TBH
18-Feb-09, 00:55
Some of us already have and now have to put up with the results of it x a number of hours dodging the DVD player with him watching boxed set of Fireball XL5
grrr to wish listsHehehe, nothing wrong with fireball XL5 with the impressively named, "Colonel Steve Zodiac", was classic tv for a generation .
You better look out the Terrahawks box-set for next year.:lol:

Anne x
18-Feb-09, 00:59
Hehehe, nothing wrong with fireball XL5 with the impressively named, "Colonel Steve Zodiac", was classic tv for a generation .
You better look out the Terrahawks box-set for next year.:lol:

Oh No !! no one else in the family knew what it was thank goodness for A----n Wish lists or I would of thought whats this
Does anyone remember the song ?

TBH
18-Feb-09, 01:07
Oh No !! no one else in the family knew what it was thank goodness for A----n Wish lists or I would of thought whats this
Does anyone remember the song ?I remember the Stingray theme, Marina, "aqua Marina" and the Captain Scarlett one.:D
Oh, and, "Thunderbirds are go".

Fran
18-Feb-09, 03:41
Felt a bit sad knowing that I wouldn't get my usual valentine card this year.........but I got a wonderful valentine present, a beautiful new grandson born at 2.30am.

Kevin Milkins
18-Feb-09, 03:52
Felt a bit sad knowing that I wouldn't get my usual valentine card this year.........but I got a wonderful valentine present, a beautiful new grandson born at 2.30am.

Congratulations,:Razz Granny Franny has a nice ring to it.When you say 2-30 am do you mean 10 minutes ago or on valentines day?

Sporran
18-Feb-09, 04:12

Aw Fran, that's a wonderful Valentine's present indeed! A wee cherub of a grandson to love! Congratulations! :D

Is he your first grandchild?

Fran
19-Feb-09, 03:39
Congratulations,:Razz Granny Franny has a nice ring to it.When you say 2-30 am do you mean 10 minutes ago or on valentines day?

2.30am on saturday 14th, must go and get a walking stick now.

joxville
27-Mar-09, 23:50
Using the Governments method of manipulating statistics I declare this poll a win for the Yes camp. :D

Kevin Milkins
28-Mar-09, 00:27
Slightly different subject, but flowers none the less.

We were going off for a drive on mothers day and while driving through Wick airport industrial estate towards Tesco a young boy was on his own (about 8 year old) and he was picking daffodils for all his life was worth off the side of the road.

As we drove past the lad looked up thinking he may have been rumbled and reciprocated our obvious grin and gave us a cheeky wave.

It was a awwwwwwww moment for Mrs M and no amount of money could have bought the gesture of good will that the lad was thinking of his mum.