PDA

View Full Version : Wheel chair needed

singysmum
12-Feb-09, 22:23
Well, it had to happen didn't it? A combination of the ice, a dog and a snow covered track and there I was A over T in a flash and now a broken ankle to show for it! :~( Problem is that with all the other joints riddled with arthritis walking with the use of crutches is very painful and doc didn't want me to put any weight on the break or it could worsen and then need an operation.
We decided a wheel chair for scooting around the house would be a big help but the hospital don't provide them and the doctors have one but it is being used by some-one else at the moment.
So we wondered if anybody knows where there is a redundant one sitting in a garage or shed somewhere that we could borrow for 4 or 5 weeks. Any (useable) suggestions would be welcome. :roll:

evelyn
12-Feb-09, 23:40
Try the Red Cross.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/localservice.asp?id=2228

Hope this helps.
evelyn

BRIE
12-Feb-09, 23:45
how about a computer chair with wheels?? might be a bit hard to push on a carpet though!

Venture
12-Feb-09, 23:45
Evelyn is right the Red Cross will loan you one. They don't have an office in Wick but there is one in Thurso on 01847895081. If you are not able to get one from there PM me and I might be able to help.

evelyn
12-Feb-09, 23:53
Thanks Venture.....I couldn't see a Caithness telephone number on the website.
evelyn

singysmum
13-Feb-09, 18:10
You are all so thoughtful! Thanks for the info we have been to the Red cross and picked one up. :lol:
Am using the office chair where the computer is but it isn't very forgiving on carpet so can't scoot about all over on it!! :rolleyes:
Thanks again for your replies
Helen

Liz
13-Feb-09, 18:42
Oh poor you! Glad you managed to get a wheelchair and hope you make a speedy recovery.