PDA

View Full Version : Oh no...valentines day again!

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 18:53
Yup....next week we'll have valentines day. I don't remember from last year if alot went on because on the day I happened to be on holiday out of Scotland, but judging from shops, its another money squandering holiday to add to Christmas and such??? ( Maybe it's just me who is a sarcastic and ironic old fool who dislikes valentines day for what it has come to represent!)

Anyway, I found this and thought it was a good way to figure out what your feelings are all about! ;-)

Have fun:

??????????????Is it Love, Lust or Marriage ????????

LOVE when your eyes meet across a crowded room
LUST when your tongues meet across a crowded room
MARRIAGE when your belt won't meet around your waist, and you don't care

LOVE when sex is called making love
LUST all other times
MARRIAGE what's sex?

LOVE when you share everything you own
LUST when you think twice about giving your partner bus money
MARRIAGE when the bank owns everything

LOVE when you phone each other just to say "Hi"
LUST when you phone each other just to organize a date
MARRIAGE when you phone each other to find out what time your son's game starts

LOVE when you write poems about your partner
LUST when all you write is your phone number
MARRIAGE when all you write are check's

LOVE when you show concern for your partners' feelings
LUST when you couldn't give a rip
MARRIAGE when your only concern is what's on TV

LOVE when your farewell is "I love you darling"
LUST when your farewell is "So, same time next week?"
MARRIAGE when your farewell is silent

LOVE when you are proud to be seen in public with your partner
LUST when you only ever see each other in the bedroom
MARRIAGE when you never see each other awake

LOVE when nobody else matters
LUST when nobody else knows
MARRIAGE when everybody else matters and you don't care who knows

LOVE when all the songs on the radio describe exactly how you feel
LUST when it's just the same mushy old crap
MARRIAGE when you never listen to music

LOVE when breaking up is something you try not to think about
LUST when staying together is something you try not to think about
MARRIAGE when just getting through today is your only thought

LOVE when you're interested in everything your partner does
LUST when you're only interested in one thing
MARRIAGE when you're not interested in what your partner does and the one thing you're interested in is your golf score

krieve
11-Feb-06, 19:08
good one Ju

paris
11-Feb-06, 19:34
Very true !

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 20:32
How does everyone out there feel about valentines day???

Do you do the whole caboodle with gift (jewelery, offcourse), flowers and chocolates??? Or do you refuse to join in the capitolistic holiday???

golach
11-Feb-06, 20:36
How does everyone out there feel about valentines day???

Do you do the whole caboodle with gift (jewelery, offcourse), flowers and chocolates??? Or do you refuse to join in the capitolistic holiday???

St Valentine's day????? another commercial ploy used by wimen till get us poor males, to spend our hard earned cash, on the promise of the bigger the pressie, the bigger the cuddle we get :evil

obiron
11-Feb-06, 20:39
usually just buy the hubby and the kids cards but this year think me and hubby will have a nice romantic meal just the pair of us. chuck the kids to their room.

rich62_uk
11-Feb-06, 20:44
St Valentine's day????? another commercial ploy used by wimen till get us poor males, to spend our hard earned cash, on the promise of the bigger the pressie, the bigger the cuddle we get :evil

Oh how true Golach ! Thats why in this house we ignore valentines day, instead we have Mon Day Tues Day Wednes Day Thurs Day Fri Day and Sater Day and on Sunday his bank account gets a rest ......... Trish.:grin:

Alice in Blunderland
11-Feb-06, 22:28
Oh how true Golach ! Thats why in this house we ignore valentines day, instead we have Mon Day Tues Day Wednes Day Thurs Day Fri Day and Sater Day and on Sunday his bank account gets a rest ......... Trish.:grin:
Trish girl your letting the side down the shops are open on a Sunday as well (except in Wick) I cant wait for my usual bunch of roses although last years were a little dead??? I blamed it on the local florist but maybe he requested half dead flowers for a reason....mmm never thought on that one.[smirk]

Cedric Farthsbottom III
11-Feb-06, 23:01
Whats in one day,eh?For me and my good wife Valentines is 365 days a year........is that Barry White music I can hear in the background:lol: ?

willowbankbear
11-Feb-06, 23:19
Its no that bad, I got a bottle of old pulteney & she gave at to me early :p
So im well oiled now hahaha,Perfume & something else for her unless 1 of ye lot can suggest something better?:grin:

pedromcgrory
11-Feb-06, 23:36
valentines day good for me my son is 5 on the 13 and my daughter is 6 on valentines day just home just now from newcastle had a good time we kids ,spoilt them rotten

connieb19
11-Feb-06, 23:43
valentines day good for me my son is 5 on the 13 and my daughter is 6 on valentines day just home just now from newcastle had a good time we kids ,spoilt them rottenOOOh Pedro, you're such a romancer...:eek: What you doing for Valentines Day?????

willowbankbear
11-Feb-06, 23:48
Connie, yer a chancer ill give ye at[lol] [lol] [lol]

pedromcgrory
11-Feb-06, 23:48
OOOh Pedro, you're such a romancer...:eek: What you doing for Valentines Day?????
nothing planned so far any ideas urself

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 23:57
I cant wait for my usual bunch of roses although last years were a little dead??? I.[smirk]

Going a little off track, but using your mention of flowers: I don't like getting cut flowers. I don't use the same symbolism. When I see flowers in a jar I see them dying. So you get your loved one cut flowers and "say" here...you can watch them die.

connieb19
11-Feb-06, 23:58
nothing planned so far any ideas urselfI'd invite you round to dinner but I only have one plate and the microwaves packed in...:roll:

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 00:01
Connie, yer a chancer ill give ye at[lol] [lol] [lol]What meee!!:eek: ....Never!!! lol

jings00
12-Feb-06, 00:30
could always do what the Romans did and sacrifice a goat or two

willowbankbear
12-Feb-06, 00:48
What meee!!:eek: ....Never!!! lol

How you no oot tonight Connie?
Im goin to the pub tomorrow for the game , How ye not in the Camps chancing the Magnificent 7??????
[lol] [lol] [lol]

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 01:18
Im goin to the pub tomorrow for the game , How ye not in the Camps chancing the Magnificent 7??????
[lol] [lol] [lol]Magnificent 7 eh, 1 for each day of the week..
I'm just aking my way there now..I'm doing my version of Rose Garden at 12.15..
Just a squirt of pledge under the pits now and i'm ready for off...:eek:

pedromcgrory
12-Feb-06, 01:18
[lol] [lol] [lol]
who says anything about eating connie ?

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 01:20
who says anything about eating connie ?Pedro...you want to eat me now...you rascal you:evil I like ths Valentines thing..lol

DrSzin
12-Feb-06, 01:31
I'd invite you round to dinner but I only have one plate and the microwaves packed in...:roll:Have you tried changing the lightbulb?

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 01:35
Have you tried changing the lightbulb?No but if I turn it upside down and fill it with water, then switch it on it might work????
Even if I do get it going again Pedro wants to eat me but I think he might have his hands full trying to pack me into the micro...:eek:

DrSzin
12-Feb-06, 01:53
Is the diet not going too well then Connie?

My mother-in-law is coming to stay overnight on Valentine's day. She polishes her broomstick with Pledge. D'ye ken her?

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 11:40
Is the diet not going too well then Connie?

My mother-in-law is coming to stay overnight on Valentine's day. She polishes her broomstick with Pledge. D'ye ken her?Jeepers Dr Szin, the mother in law over for Valentines night, and who said romance was dead..lol.
I'm kinda looking forward for dinner with the cat now i've heard your story. How would I know her? Does she go to the Camps too?...lol