PDA

View Full Version : Wellworths

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 20:07
Have a look what i just found

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Business/Woolworths-Closure-Manager-Reopens-Woolies-Store-In-Dorchetser-And-Calls-It-Wellworths/Article/200902215221159

Vistravi
12-Feb-09, 20:15
Ambitious but bit on the ridiculous side too.

They could've chosen a completly different name[disgust] it's us gona be known as a second woolies.

poppett
12-Feb-09, 20:16
Pity the Thurso crew couldn`t have done that too, as it was always a busy shop.

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 20:18
Pity the Thurso crew couldn`t have done that too, as it was always a busy shop.

Yea maybe they might if they read this in the papers.
It might be some problem getting funding for it... thats the big issue

percy toboggan
12-Feb-09, 20:23
I thought she was calling it 'Wellies'...
good luck to her.
British pluck and a never say die entrepreneurial spirit I wish I were blessed with.

davie
12-Feb-09, 20:25
They could have a problem with Wellworth plc in Northern Ireland - thay have been around near as long as Woolies .
I think the shops are now called Super Value or something but its still Wellies !.

bobandag16
12-Feb-09, 20:26
Ambitious but bit on the ridiculous side too.

They could've chosen a completly different name[disgust] it's us gona be known as a second woolies.
any wollies is better than no wollies.

pat
12-Feb-09, 21:28
Agree with you Davie - Wellworths in NI has been going a long time, think it may have changed its name to Super Value, sold all the same things as Woolworths.

In Omagh or Belfast where I used to shop it was Wellworths, much the same advertising as Woolies but the name above the door was different.

Tony
12-Feb-09, 21:44
Agree with you Davie - Wellworths in NI has been going a long time, think it may have changed its name to Super Value, sold all the same things as Woolworths.

In Omagh or Belfast where I used to shop it was Wellworths, much the same advertising as Woolies but the name above the door was different.

I remember a Wellworths in Strabane, Co Tyrone in 1980s while I was over there.

Gizmo
12-Feb-09, 23:04
If someone tries that with the Wick store it's gonna have to be called Wullworths :D

Geo
12-Feb-09, 23:10
Wellworths was a well known supermarket chain in N.Ireland. If anyone still owns the name there could be problems. I hope it works out for them though. Good to see the staff getting work.

Beat Bug
13-Feb-09, 01:47
It will probably still be referred to as Woolies! Many years ago I bought a wool shop which had been in our town for some years. I changed the name straight away, altered the image etc., but everyone still called it by the old name!