PDA

View Full Version : Kids and snow

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 14:47
The kids at our area built up a snow road block.

Some cars couldnt get through it but as soon as the police came...
They were off like a shot [lol]

The police cleared the snow and i wonder if that would stop them from doing it again.

Will have to wait and see

router
12-Feb-09, 14:55
why is everyone complaining about the kids playing in the snw, did no-one do anythig like this when they were young. My god our kids were playing snowball fights last night and because a couple hit the wall on the side of next doors house they phoned the police.Pathetic let kids play.

Of course blocking the road is a different matter and hopefully they will go build there wall somewhere safer, but it just seems to be kids cant move for being told off for playing in the snow.

crashbandicoot1979
12-Feb-09, 14:59
I think thats really funny. Dangerous maybe but funny all the same.

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 15:03
I think thats really funny. Dangerous maybe but funny all the same.

Yea i thought it was funny too....
Kids enjoy it.

My next door neighbour was video taping the kids hitting her window with snow balls... I think they need to grow up. Isnt it against the law of recording kids without permission.

mulac
12-Feb-09, 15:16
Hahah kids will be kids !
The cops wouldnt be too happy with all that clearing of snow :D

As for video taping the bairns throwing snowballs thats just madness !
That would surely attract more snowballs !

router
12-Feb-09, 15:22
ours neighbours took pics of the kids throwing snowballs at eachother after the event. madness if you ask me, and no the cops aint arrived yet.

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 15:30
Police has been and gone.

They went to my neighbours house and then came to mine.
My 2 were involved [lol]. He just told them off and said not to do it again.
One o my kids got £2 fae one of the cops. Gave him it for a sponsor as he went and asked them to sponsor him for Thurso youth Club FC [lol]

mama2
12-Feb-09, 16:29
When I was younger we always used to throw snowballs at this man's hoose! I know it shounds childish now but at the time we were children!! It used to be so funny he was a right gurning who used to moan when you walked past e hoose. When it snowed his door used till get a right pelting! :lol::lol: We always used to play chappy on his door cause we knew we'd get a reaction!

hobbes1962
12-Feb-09, 16:42
why is everyone complaining about the kids playing in the snw, did no-one do anythig like this when they were young. My god our kids were playing snowball fights last night and because a couple hit the wall on the side of next doors house they phoned the police.Pathetic let kids play.

Of course blocking the road is a different matter and hopefully they will go build there wall somewhere safer, but it just seems to be kids cant move for being told off for playing in the snow.

Well said, I completely agree. Kids will be kids and do people not remember the stuff they got up to when they were young!

changilass
12-Feb-09, 16:53
Our generation probably did exactly what the kids of today are doing and our parents told us off and said it was terrible behaviour,

Why as parents can we not do the same without being told to leave them alone as they are only kids.

Being told off taught us right from wrong.

If we constantly say leave them be they are only kids/teenagers, at what point do we allow kids to take responsibility for their own actions.

poppett
12-Feb-09, 17:06
If we get more snow I for one would appreciate it if instead of a snow road block the bairns made a giant snowman from the snow on the pavements. That would save complaining to the council about the paths not being safe to walk on.

Wish I had seen the face on the police when they came up. When there was a real incident they struggled to close off the road with blue tape..... maybe we should have hired out the bairns then to use their intelligence.

Just for the record it was Moonboots other neighbour who was on the video, not me..... before the hate mail starts arriving.

davie
12-Feb-09, 18:02
A previous poster is not amused that someone videod kids throwing snowballs at windows and wonders if its illegal to photograph kids. I would have thought its just as illegal to throw anything at someone elses property but I suppose its down to ones interpretation of right and wrong.
It only takes a stone or a lump of ice in that snowball to break a window and i feel she would not be so happy if it was her house.Certainly anyone chucking whatever at my hoosie better be prepared to have a severely sore lug if I catch them

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 19:26
Just for the record it was Moonboots other neighbour who was on the video, not me..... before the hate mail starts arriving.

Sorry i should of said that Poppett[lol]

Its my other neighbour and not poppett. she is my best neighbour!!!!

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 19:28
A previous poster is not amused that someone videod kids throwing snowballs at windows and wonders if its illegal to photograph kids. I would have thought its just as illegal to throw anything at someone elses property but I suppose its down to ones interpretation of right and wrong.

It is both ways but kids dont understand the law that well but adults do.

The police said to them that if the parents complain then the people who took the video would be prosecuted....

davie
12-Feb-09, 19:47
Of course kids will chuck snowballs at anything if they get away with it BUT surely its up to their parents to tell them whats right and whats wrong.
A few years back an elderly relative lost an eye when some unruly kid broke his living room window with a snowball (with stone inside). That was in the days before video cameras but at a time when parents were allowed to chastise the little blighters as this ones parent did.

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 19:56
Parents do tell their kids whats right and wrong but normally the wrong part they tend to forget or not listen when getting told about it [lol]

poppett
12-Feb-09, 20:19
No different then from the frail elderly with selective hearing loss then??

davie
12-Feb-09, 20:26
Frail elderly, unruly kids, the answer for both is a boot in the bahookie !

Cattach
12-Feb-09, 20:38
The kids at our area built up a snow road block.

Some cars couldnt get through it but as soon as the police came...
They were off like a shot [lol]

The police cleared the snow and i wonder if that would stop them from doing it again.

Will have to wait and see

Let them have some fun. Dont often get snow and I doubt it was likely to be at all dangerous. If the cars were going at a speed suited to the conditions they would see the blocked road and if they didnt they were going to fast!

changilass
12-Feb-09, 20:39
Aye and if an ambulance or the fire engine needed to get past that would be ok too cos they could just wait till it was al shoveled outta the way so no problem there.

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 20:43
If the cars were going at a speed suited to the conditions they would see the blocked road and if they didnt they were going to fast!

The were going slow and they did see it but they still tried to go through it [lol]

Moonboots
12-Feb-09, 20:44
Aye and if an ambulance or the fire engine needed to get past that would be ok too cos they could just wait till it was al shoveled outta the way so no problem there.

Lorries were able to go through it ok. It wasnt that big but big enough to stop cars

hotrod4
12-Feb-09, 21:48
Cant believe this thread, its very strange indeed mun!!!
It seems some are more interested in People videoing kids that are outside there window than the Dangers of building a Road Block doot!
Never mind the Dangers to the Traffic, what would have happened If A child was injured due to them building this on the road mun? Would it all be "Fun" for the Kids then? What if a Car slid and hit one of them?
Its OK for the kids to have fun but doing it at others expense and possible danger is not on, surely there are big parks for them to build things with snow, as a Road is not a place for it,or maybe the Green cross Code doesnt apply in Thurso doot?:lol: