PDA

View Full Version : Quiz??

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 16:56
Is there a quiz tomorrow night ? If so, at the usual time and place??? ( 20:00; chat room?)

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 18:54
Please, anyone....is there going to be a quiz?

krieve
11-Feb-06, 19:01
I think there is going to be a quiz same time same place i think anyway ju sorry i could'nt help you more.

rich62_uk
11-Feb-06, 19:09

Yes Ju there is, it will be hosted by Graham from Canada I believe, at 8.30pm GMT on Sunday....... Trish.

_Ju_
11-Feb-06, 19:23
Thanks Trish ...or Rich

canuck
11-Feb-06, 19:50
Yeah,

Graham from Canada hello. I live in Burlington.
I might have a crack at some of these questions if for no other reason than I wouldn't have my response routed through 6 countries before it arrives in Scotland. The time delay has my answers coming in about 10 down the list.
I still maintain that what one calls taps in America is "taps". We all thought that faucets was the English version.

Graham I am on at 3:30, 8:30 UK time.

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 11:48
Is every-one for the quiz tonight then? :Razz

krieve
12-Feb-06, 11:54
Is every-one for the quiz tonight then? :Razz
yes connie i will be there lol

Moira
12-Feb-06, 12:11
I hope to be there - I've promised to "knock spots" off Wickerinca & Porshie:p
who both chickened out last week. Off to phone BT to see if I can crank up the Broadband speed - otherwise I fear it will be another massacre (for me!) :cry:

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 12:25
I hope to be there - I've promised to "knock spots" off Wickerinca & Porshie:p
who both chickened out last week. Off to phone BT to see if I can crank up the Broadband speed - otherwise I fear it will be another massacre (for me!) :cry:I phoned Aol and upgraded to platinum before last weeks quiz but the answers were still there before i got to see the questions:mad: ..I suppose it dosn't matter though, it's still good fun!!:grin:

canuck
12-Feb-06, 22:57
Thank you Graham. It was a fabulous quiz session.

connieb19
12-Feb-06, 22:59
Thank you Graham. It was a fabulous quiz session.Thanks Graham....:lol: :evil

Moira
12-Feb-06, 23:23
Great Quiz Graham - thank you!

I was off to a flying start tonight (must have been the glass of red wine) - got the 1st answer on the board - and it was right! Yeah! Things went downhill then - BB connection kept freezing & Golach was picking on me - despite the fact that I poured him two large Old Pulteneys.

Porshiepoo & Wickerinca did not turn up either -chickens - both of them :)

It's the original Grumpy for Quizmaster next week - so I'll give it a miss - was totally traumatised by Golach's comments on my presence & my answers :(
Have fun folks -remember to rehearse the words of the song precisely "A life on the rolling sea/wave ........ whatever" & please make sure that all your VAT returns are up to date. Will be thinking of you all .....

canuck
12-Feb-06, 23:53
Moira,

I suspect that porshiepoo and wickerinca have dedicated their quiz time to doing a final workout to be ready for the great loose off tomorrow on the caithness.org fitness club weight in. The rest of us don't have a ghost of a chance of winning this week, but they might still be in the running.

Is Golach really all that gruesome a quiz master? Say the word and I will find something else to do next Sunday afternoon.

krieve
12-Feb-06, 23:58
great quiz again

ice box
13-Feb-06, 00:01
who won the quizz i didnt stick a round too see ?

ice box
13-Feb-06, 00:02
oh i see now it must of been golach well done lad

porshiepoo
13-Feb-06, 00:17
oooooops! Kinda forgot! [evil]

Still, that gave you all one more week in which to swat up on your knowledge before I come in and take all your glory! :confused Honest I will!

See you next week. I don't care who the quizmaster is. They can't be that bad????????????

Cedric Farthsbottom III
13-Feb-06, 00:21
I always wanted to give the quiz a go,but now that the new series of 24 has started,ma Sunday nights are going to be a bit busy.Will schedule it in for about March.Jack Bauer he da man!!!!!:D

Rheghead
13-Feb-06, 00:29
oooooops! Kinda forgot! [evil]

I did as well once I got into overdrive mode in clearing all my kitchen cupboards of out of date food. Why do I buy stuff and not eat it? Eat by Jan 1999 was on one container!! LOL

connieb19
13-Feb-06, 00:31
I did as well once I got into overdrive mode in clearing all my kitchen cupboards of out of date food. Why do I buy stuff and not eat it? Eat by Jan 1999 was on one container!! LOLWhat about the bloke who ate the tinned chicken that was 50 years out of date:confused ..it never hurt him. I think the dates on things is nonsense...

Moira
13-Feb-06, 00:31
Moira,

I suspect that porshiepoo and wickerinca have dedicated their quiz time to doing a final workout to be ready for the great loose off tomorrow on the caithness.org fitness club weight in. The rest of us don't have a ghost of a chance of winning this week, but they might still be in the running.

Is Golach really all that gruesome a quiz master? Say the word and I will find something else to do next Sunday afternoon.

Canuck - you could be right re Porshiepoo & Wickerinca -never thought of that - and I don't stand a chance of winning the Fat/Fit club award this week either!

As for the Quiz next week, Canuck, you go for it - you were doing really well tonight. My comments are very much "tongue-in-cheek" because Golach (look at his Avatar & personal profile) made a few comments about me in the Quizroom tonight, presumably based on my previous posts here on the Messageboard. I'm sure he is a actually a big Pussycat :evil - and really a bit of a Big Girl's Blouse :lol: I'm not scared of him ??!! - see you all next week.

connieb19
13-Feb-06, 00:34
Good on you Moira..i'm glad you'll be there next week..:Razz Wouldn't be the same without you..lol

canuck
13-Feb-06, 00:35
Yes, Rheghead, I know what you mean.

Wikkerinca may be buried in a snow drift. Halifax is expecting something like 2 feet of the white stuff over the next 24 hours. New York and Boston have ground to a halt.

Thanks again krieve for getting me on and to all who held back on the send button long enough for me to get an answer to the top of the list.

golach
13-Feb-06, 00:36
Great Quiz Graham - thank you!

I was off to a flying start tonight (must have been the glass of red wine) - got the 1st answer on the board - and it was right! Yeah! Things went downhill then - BB connection kept freezing & Golach was picking on me - despite the fact that I poured him two large Old Pulteneys.

Porshiepoo & Wickerinca did not turn up either -chickens - both of them :)

It's the original Grumpy for Quizmaster next week - so I'll give it a miss - was totally traumatised by Golach's comments on my presence & my answers :(
Have fun folks -remember to rehearse the words of the song precisely "A life on the rolling sea/wave ........ whatever" & please make sure that all your VAT returns are up to date. Will be thinking of you all .....
I am not apologising Moira, all I said was in humour, and with the answers I received from you I actually thought you had a sense of humour. but do not go in the huff cos you were beaten...SOUDLY...by an owld mannie, do attend next week it will be fun

Moira
13-Feb-06, 01:02
I am not apologising Moira, all I said was in humour, and with the answers I received from you I actually thought you had a sense of humour. but do not go in the huff cos you were beaten...SOUDLY...by an owld mannie, do attend next week it will be fun

HUFF! - Who - Me?? Never! I do have a sense of humour Golach - which is why I posted what I did :grin: I was going to pm you later to reassure you that I didn't take umbrage to the fact that you suggested I was a witch [evil] And I have never been beaten "SOUDLY" (sounds like you have the cold - try Nurofen Colds & Flu' Remedy) yet - by any man - youing or owld - lol ;)

BTW I'm going to take the fact you posted as an absolute apology -thank you - and next week I'm not going to sit on the naughty step at all but am going to take part in the "nautical" quiz - YEAH!

wickerinca
13-Feb-06, 02:42
Well! Well!! A few gauntlets getting thrown about!!;)

I fully intend to be there next week........unfortunately we were out moving some snow about this afternoon in the hope that we could keep on top of the blizzard but think that it didn't do all that much good. The wind has gotten up again and we are still having a bit of snowfall.....along with some freezing rain which is terrible stuff!! Had to dig out the the front door and bit of the path FOUR times now so that the dogs can get out for a wee!! At least we haven't lost power yet so that is a major plus!!

Oh....and Golach! Congratulations on winning the quiz:D Any chance that you could give us a bit of a head start and let us know which century you will be asking us questions about[evil] :lol:

canuck
13-Feb-06, 03:30
Anyone know Graham's user name?

I tried to write him a thank you note, but plain "Graham" doesn't work.