PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever......

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 16:22
Many moons ago, when I was a wee lad I did something but didn't tell my Mum and Dad.

Due to the situation where we lived it wasn't too safe for my brother and I to play outside so we did what all boys should - we played football inside.

To reduce noise levels and make it easier for the keeper to dive we put duvets on the bedroom floor.

All was going well until I hit the football against the corner of ceiling and wall. A huge and I mean HUGE crack suddenly appeared along the wall and the ceiling bulged enormously.

Not telling Mum and Dad seemed to be the wisest course. About 30 mins later there was an almighty crash as the bedroom ceiling collapsed.

It was only years later that I confessed. The house had needed some repair anyway so Mum and Dad assumed this was another symptom of that....but no it was me. I didn't even hit the ball that hard.

Have you ever done something similar and kept quite until years later?

jings00
11-Feb-06, 17:19
I canny think of anythin I've done offhand, but I just found out a couple of years ago that my sister did. When I was wee and still in a pram, a fair few years ago I have to say, she had taken me to the swing park and let me fall out the swing and burst my nose open. She was scared to tell mum cos she didny want a row so she told mum that someone had pushed me down the steps at Collitts (Frasers) when she was inside.
It worked out not bad, cos I got to blackmail my sister for a wee while. ha ha.

paris
11-Feb-06, 19:50
When my youngest son was about 7 ,we were walking to the local shop and he suddenly fell to the ground and got back up saying "look what ive just found " It was a £10 note. So when we got to the shops i changed it into 2 £5 , one each for my 2 sons.
Of they went and spent it on sweets and comics. When i came to pay for my shopping i didnt have enough money so had to put something back and never gave it a second thought.
Years later, my now 24yr old told me he had pinched it from me in the first place and i hadn't even given it a thought all those years ago, just embarrassed i had to put some shopping back .

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 22:42
......who'd believe it! Whattya think?

Tymey, Tymey, Tymey....tut tut tut.....maybe change the title of this thread to "Confessions" ;) :lol: