PDA

View Full Version : Converting VHS Tapes to DVD

BertoBear
11-Feb-09, 16:53
Does anyone know who converts VHS tapes to DVD's in Caithness.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 16:58
You can buy software that will do it for you. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Roxio-Easy-VHS-DVD-PC/dp/B001O5CUJ4 Thats just one of the many out there.Hope this helps if you cant find anyone.

Kodiak
11-Feb-09, 17:34
Here is a Link to a Guide on how to transfer VHS on to DVD :-

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/news/index.cfm?newsid=11484

K

EDDIE
11-Feb-09, 19:46

the easyest way to buy a dvd recorder with a video in it and do it that way
but i would imagine it would be a long and winded process converting them depending on how much dvds you have

KILTIECAULDBUM
11-Feb-09, 20:06

Thanks

Hi.

I hope to be able to do this in the very near future, as I have just bought the hardware & software to do it & need to get up to speed in using it now:confused
I have also bought equipment that will enable me to ''tweak'' the original colour & sharpness etc, although there is only so much can be done!!
Realistically, the quality of the finished dvd will depend on the quality of the source vhs video.
If you want me to give it a go for you, please pm me just now & I will get back to you once I'm happy with the results I can get:roll:.
I'm not running this as a business though. I have only bought it for my own use to convert my own tapes to dvd, but don't mind helping someone out!! (unless I'm swamped with pm's that is:lol:)

Cheers,
Kcb.

Whitewater
12-Feb-09, 01:03
Kiltiecauldbum, could you please give me an idea of the cost of reasonable equipment for converting VHS tapes to DVD?

George Brims
12-Feb-09, 02:45
I have a Roxio device a little older than the one Hotrod4 mentioned. It works really well. The software is a bit cumbersome, though it gets easier as you learn more tricks. The most labour intensive part is snipping the adverts out of a live broadcast. If you just want to take something and put it on DVD in one lump, it's a piece of cake.