PDA

View Full Version : weddings

ivy
11-Feb-06, 13:32
have you ever experienced you childrens wedding?
is it ok to have a good cry?
my son is getting married next month and just wondered what the feeling is like, if anyone experienced it..

or

can you see you children or youself getting married? does it mean much these days?

canuck
11-Feb-06, 16:13
Ivy,

My children are not yet to the marriage stage, but they are getting there and I share your apprehensions.

In my professional role I have performed dozens of wedding services. I can tell you that mothers cry, fathers cry, brides cry, grooms cry, attendants cry, grandparents cry, why, even I have cried. I have special linen handkerchiefs which I keep for the occasion. (They are from my collection of souvenir gifts from people I know who visit the UK.) Tears are part of the energy of the occasion. Mostly they are tears of joy. Nobody gets particularly bent out of shape by them. In fact a few tears soften what sometimes can be a quite rigid ceremony because of the nervousness of the participants. I try telling jokes, but that is not my strong suit. Tears are better. So, let them role, have a good hanky up your sleeve and smile through them. It will be okay!

Have a wonderful day when it comes.

paris
11-Feb-06, 19:28
I cry at almost anything, im a very emotional person. When the time comes for one of mine to marry ,to right i will cry but i cant control it when i do and may cry for the entire day. Oh my poor kids !!!

Fran
12-Feb-06, 02:06
my daughter got married last year and it was a wonderful day. i cried the night before but managed to control myself at the wedding, it was a happy moment but very emotional, and I had a cry at the end of the day. I am always looking at the photoes.

Whitewater
12-Feb-06, 04:18
Ivy, you are entitled to cry, I did at both my daughters and sons although I pretended I was being brave, but my wife knew and held my hand.

sassylass
12-Feb-06, 07:41
I was grinning from ear to ear on my daughter's wedding day. Not one tear and what a surprise, as I am very sentimental. It even made me smile when my poor hubby got teary eyed during his toast to the happy couple.