PDA

View Full Version : Requiem For a Dream

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 00:11
I would have posted this in the "Film Thread" but we are still waiting for that! Right Percy! ;)

Last night i sat down and watched this because it was on Sky Movies. I wanted to see it when it came out but never got around to it i suppose! I never really understood what it was about before.

But turned out it was different ways of dealing with drug addiction and all the ill-effects of different drug users!

One woman ended up in hospital because she became mentally ill about getting thin and going on tv so she was on diet pills. A guy injecting heroin (i think) lost his arm. Another lassie turned to prostitution to get drugs etc etc....

I have never thought about how bad things can be! I dont use, but i never ever will!! Seeing what a mess things like that can lead too! And the diet pill part really had me thinking...they are selling these from the shelves in the chemists!!

Anybody else seen this movie?

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Feb-09, 05:46
Requiem For A Heavyweight. Now there was a story.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 09:49
there was an absolute blinder of a film on last Sunday. Jimmy Grimble is an ace film not just because it features Man city or Maine road!!;)
Its a great story about a boys desire to play footie and is well acted by all concerned. It has its funny moments and its bittersweet moments.I love the film especially since Maine road has been captured for future reference.Never got to see it in its glory but am determined to go to the Blue camp to see it!!:lol:

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 11:23
There are so many movies that i enjoy! I love Adam Sandler, his newest movie You dont mess with the Zohan was funny!

I liked Cloverfield, Sunshine, Serenity, 28 days later, 28 weeks later, Transformers, Wanted, Hancock, I am Legend, Ghost Ship, The Cell, Ironman, Beowolf, Saw movies etc etc etc....

My dvd list is nearly endless!!! [lol]

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 14:09
Some good movies there shelley. One of my favourite films would have to be One night in Paris,not much of a plot but it does the job!!!;)
Other fave films would be Field of dreams (for a good cry),Shawshank redemption,The green mile,This is England, to name but a few.