PDA

View Full Version : Snow - love it or hate it?

ett23
10-Feb-09, 23:59
There's been plenty discussion about the recent fall - most of which seems to have been positive but there are some rather negative aspects to it too. So tell us honestly - what do you really think about the snow?!!! :)

Vistravi
11-Feb-09, 00:02
It's a pain. last time my partner was in inverness a few days ago coming home from work he got stuck in ness overnight. Now we are both in ness and don't know if we'll get home tomorrow.

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 00:04
incase nobody had noticed....i LOVE it! not sure if that came across in any of my other posts! :lol:

I just love how it brings out the inner child in people you would never ever think! Its grand!

Building a snowman, sledging, snowballs!! Its all great! Then at night sitting with a cup o coffee or hot chocolate then going to bed with my lovely hot water bottle!! :Razz

I would move to alaska if i could! haha!

ett23
11-Feb-09, 00:07
I know exactly where you're coming from Shelley, we were doing the same things today. When I walked along to school to collect my daughter I had a silly grin on my face and couldn't wait to have a good excuse to throw snowballs when she was with me on the way home!!! :lol:

Invisible
11-Feb-09, 00:11
I love the snow, seeing the world in a different light with everything so much brighter and clean looking. The problem is as mentioned, driving. Leaving work this afternoon was terrible snow was deep (car park John Street, Wick) .

and now the wait until the mornign to see if i am snowed in or has it all melted away.

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 00:14
I was actually enjoying doin the dishes tonight at 10pm! (3rd time today)

Standing there watching the snow falling in my back garden! :Razz

Julia
11-Feb-09, 00:58
Och it's ok but only for a few days... I do like how it makes everything look clean and bright for a while, quite uplifting!

A9RUNNER
11-Feb-09, 02:10
Alaska sounds good!! not sure about the mossies and the bears though. Give me the snow any and every day, I have just been out playing in the snow and it is as they say "A Braw licht moonlicht nicht the nicht" Unfortunantly it is geting late and I need to go to bed as the bairns will be up bright an early want breakfasted and ferried to school.

ett23
11-Feb-09, 08:11
Unfortunantly it is geting late and I need to go to bed as the bairns will be up bright an early want breakfasted and ferried to school.

School? You never know - they might have an extra day off today!!! ;)

bt total broadband
11-Feb-09, 08:28
i love it more then the kids,go out and make the excuse its the kids that want to play in it when its really myself.:Razz

silverfox57
11-Feb-09, 09:03
as have to drive over 100 miles a night on all main and side roads ,will be glad to see last of snow,

Bad Manners
11-Feb-09, 09:56
I'm a big kid at heart I love the snow drove home last night took twice as long as normal but the scenery was brill. I would not like it all year round but as a winter season it is very welcome.
to those who have difficulty getting round in it I do apologise and do understand can have probs myself but IMHO I think snow just makes the winter season special.

mccaugm
11-Feb-09, 09:58
I love the snow but get nervous travelling in it. I scraped the path round the house until my back ached, couple of hours later it looked like I hadn't even bothered...arrrgghh. The bairns made a snowman which was about a foot taller than me.

Not keen on snowballs but was sat in the college canteen watching the students outside chucking them. Made me smile until I watched people tentatively trying to get their cars out of the car park. Glad I don't drive thats for sure...

ett23
11-Feb-09, 10:03
Not keen on snowballs but was sat in the college canteen watching the students outside chucking them.

Nah I far prefer taking part to spectating. Unless of course you're outnumbered and getting snow down the back of your neck - most unpleasant. The worst thing was my hubby and eldest daughter were against me yesterday and I was having fun but suddenly my daughter piped up - "mum, look over there!" so i turned and she aimed a snowball at me while I was off guard!!! [lol] And she's only 6!! Don't know who taught her that but I certainly fell for it!!!:eek:

crashbandicoot1979
11-Feb-09, 12:38
I'm not really a fan of snow myself but think its great fun for children. I think it looks lovely when its newly fallen and unspoiled and when I can sit inside the house. It was amazing standing at the back door last night, everywhere so peaceful and white. But unfortunately I have to drive in it every day so now I really want it to go away!!!

Tugmistress
11-Feb-09, 15:15
i love it, i love driving iin it whether it be falling gentle or a blinding blizzard .... i guess i am in the minority for that alone! though i wouldn't want it 24/7 every day of the year (even though i chose the top option) it makes a perfect winter :)

ett23
11-Feb-09, 15:31
i love it, i love driving iin it whether it be falling gentle or a blinding blizzard .... i guess i am in the minority for that alone! though i wouldn't want it 24/7 every day of the year (even though i chose the top option) it makes a perfect winter :)

Yes I'm sure we're in the minority - I don't mind driving in it either. But I especially love playing in it! Finally made a snowman with the girls today (well I made it mostly!). It's a work of art. I only had my mobile with me to take photos though, and I don't know how to upload photos from my mobile yet!! :roll:

Vistravi
11-Feb-09, 15:58
Yes I'm sure we're in the minority - I don't mind driving in it either. But I especially love playing in it! Finally made a snowman with the girls today (well I made it mostly!). It's a work of art. I only had my mobile with me to take photos though, and I don't know how to upload photos from my mobile yet!! :roll:

Does your phone have blue tooth in it or do you have to use a prorgram such as lg suite or nokia pc suite to transfer pics?
If it's bluetooth then you can pick pu a bluetooth dongle and use it to transfer your pics.

mulac
11-Feb-09, 18:32
I love it :D
Snowmen,snowballs,snow angels ( for the wee one Honestly! )

I love the sun just as much :Razz

Sarah
11-Feb-09, 19:58
I love it, so pretty! My dogs love it so I'm happy!

Kodiak
11-Feb-09, 20:30
I hate the snow and the snow hates me. So it is quite mutual.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 20:37
I hate the snow mun, its so depressing looking out of the window and seeing it mun. It really annoys me doot.

celtic lass
11-Feb-09, 22:43
i like the snow everything looks so diffrent everyone looks a lot happier but i can tell you its no fun for school cleaners it drives you mad:(

Dadie
11-Feb-09, 23:53
Love it!
Cant ski without it!
but it makes getting to the slopes tricky:lol:
see aviemore yesterday!

alanabain
12-Feb-09, 00:04
Love the snow.

Keep it coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whitewater
12-Feb-09, 00:17
Great for winter in this part of the world, we were used to much more when we were children many years ago in the 1940s-50s, we had real winters then. Not really had a decent fall for years. Hope we get a few more falls before the summer comes. I also like the summer, I guess thats my favourite season. We seem to appreciate the summer more after a bad winter.

Dadie
12-Feb-09, 00:25
As I have been told a good frost kills germs and bugs so Im hoping for a few days of cold .. just to kill the bugs in the ground and hopefully the ticks in dunnet forest:lol:

camor
13-Feb-09, 02:34
Hate the snow. Make a mess of everything. Slush is the worst, dirty melting snow stuff!! Car gets filthy inside and out[evil]. Utility room gets dirty and the floor gets wet. Can't walk on pavement, get soaked by passing vehicles, moan, moan, moan, moan. And by the way, looking back into the days of yore with rose tinted spec does not mean that it was any different when "I were a lad". ....................Phew, that was bit of a rant. Got to get it off yer chest now and again though.

cuddlepop
16-Feb-09, 15:56
I love it,its makes everything look so much cleaner and brighter.:D

Ricco
16-Feb-09, 18:08
I love snow - its seasonal. As long as you work with the conditions it can be a real joy. If you don't adapt it can be a pain, though. If we had summer all the time there would be no reason to have those lovely stews, toasted bannocks with jam, hot toddy, mulled wine... etc

A9RUNNER
16-Feb-09, 19:54
If I could afford the cost and the time I would love to be able to travel round the world following winter so I could get maximum winterage. However it is only a dream that a jackpot win would ever allow me to do!