PDA

View Full Version : A Sorry Tale

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 11:43
Dear Orgers

Last night I sat down with my dinner of turkey breast with a cream sauce and chilli, ribbons of carrots (never had those before), oven chips made from sweet potato and a glass of wine (thanks to whoever in Lidl's recommended the bottle it was lovely) with the propspect of a night being entertained by the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Having had enough of the Winter Olympics coverage on BBC2 my attention was switched to BBC1 and Junior Mastermind. This is where my problem began.

At one point a little American girl was answering questions about the Harry Potter books. During her general knowledge round, in which she was doing stunningly well, I found myself getting more and more annoyed to the point where I was shouting "ask her questions on cricket" and laughing uncontrollably when she didn't know which Middle Eastern country has borders with Iraq and Afghanistan (Iran.)

I feel ashamed that I reacted so badly. Can anyone help? Is there a name for my affliction?

I am etc,

Tymey

Chillie
11-Feb-06, 11:54
Aye sick in the heid[lol] [lol]

BRIE
11-Feb-06, 12:02
What was that wine you were drinking again?? [lol]

jjc
11-Feb-06, 14:32
Last night I sat down with my dinner of turkey breast with a cream sauce [...]

Can anyone help?
Afraid I can't... but you do win a small prize for making your Christmas turkey stretch through to February. [lol]

Geo
11-Feb-06, 14:33
I feel ashamed that I reacted so badly. Can anyone help? Is there a name for my affliction?

Victoris Meldrewitus ;)

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 15:05
Dear Orgers

Last night I sat down with my dinner of turkey breast with a cream sauce and chilli, ribbons of carrots (never had those before), oven chips made from sweet potato and a glass of wine (thanks to whoever in Lidl's recommended the bottle it was lovely) with the propspect of a night being entertained by the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Having had enough of the Winter Olympics coverage on BBC2 my attention was switched to BBC1 and Junior Mastermind. This is where my problem began.

At one point a little American girl was answering questions about the Harry Potter books. During her general knowledge round, in which she was doing stunningly well, I found myself getting more and more annoyed to the point where I was shouting "ask her questions on cricket" and laughing uncontrollably when she didn't know which Middle Eastern country has borders with Iraq and Afghanistan (Iran.)

I am etc,

Tymey

Your condition may have something to do with the ring around the moon last night. Did you notice your hands getting any hairer? Did your canine teeth grow? I realise you may have mentioned this in your post had it have happened but maybe you thought it unrelated?

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 15:10
Aha now I'm getting somewhere....

Alice in Blunderland
11-Feb-06, 16:26
Tymey maybe you should pm the good Dr Szin for a private consultation.With his wisdom Im sure he can come up with a diagnosis then on to Rheghead being a chemist he could come up with a concoction to help with the cure.That failing maybe the tugmistress could tow you out to sea and cast you adrift....:lol:after a long hard swim to shore Weeboyagee and co could take you along to the gym to work off anything else thats possibly bothering you sorry I cant be of any more help..:lol: