PDA

View Full Version : School closure?

heather11
10-Feb-09, 19:13
Does anyone know if Thurso High School is open on Wednesday 11th February 2009?

ITSONLYME
10-Feb-09, 19:14
listen to moray firth in the morning, you will hear on there

Moonboots
10-Feb-09, 19:16

Thats like asking how long is a piece of string. [lol]

Check the highland council website tomorrow morning to find out as well as MFR and not forgetting the org..

rfr10
10-Feb-09, 19:43

No but Wick High School will be closed tomorrow due to flooding from melting snow.............................................. ...................... I WISH! :lol:

Forecast doesn't seem to be snow tomorrow and most is slowly thawing. Will probably depend on the temperatures throughout the night and whether or not we receive any more snow. Looking at the satellite images it seems that the big snow clouds we had earlier have moved across to Aberdeen. Who am I to say though.

go to http://www.schoolclosures.highlandschools.org.uk/

Highland Lass
10-Feb-09, 22:44
I dont care if open or not,not sending my son to school tomorrow with this weather.

rfr10
10-Feb-09, 22:50
I dont care if open or not,not sending my son to school tomorrow with this weather.

What weather? There's nothing at the moment! Or do you live at the North Pole? ;)

viking
10-Feb-09, 22:55
Children do not dissolve in the snow .......... In my day schools were open every day and we lived to tell the tale. Totally different if you need to use the car or bus and children have to wait for buses etc. That could be very dangerous.

brandy
10-Feb-09, 23:03
not sure about our school as several of the teachers do not live in the town! no bother getting kid to school but cant have school if there are not teachers to teach!

rfr10
10-Feb-09, 23:28
not sure about our school as several of the teachers do not live in the town! no bother getting kid to school but cant have school if there are not teachers to teach!

Unless it snows quite a bit overnight and freezes, I think the teachers will be able to get in. Forecast on Met office is heavy snow but that was for 9pm tonight and it hasn't happened yet. No sign of snow clouds on the radar either yet. The main roads have pretty much been cleared now by the gritters as far as I can see.

Venture
11-Feb-09, 00:16
There is more snow forecast for tonight and tomorrow. The difference from today is that the wind is increasing which will cause some problems. There might just be a possibility of an extra days holiday.;)