PDA

View Full Version : cymbals gone walk about

Chobbersjnr
10-Feb-09, 16:10
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend (Darren Coghill) who was playing in the assembly rooms at the weekend doing support sets.

He went to pick up his gear only to find that his hihats (zildjian 12" special recording hihats) & crash (17" zildjian A custom) had gone walkabout. It's a low blow to receive having gear dissappear on you.

If it's a genuine accident that happened at the time of loading then all of his cymbals would have gone you'd think, however it is just the hihats & crash that have dissapeared. It's not very nice thinking someone may have stolen your gear but wether it's stolen or accidently picked up the end result is the same, Darren no longer has his favourite crash & hats.

If anyone hears anything or gets offered them for sale please please PLEASE be so kind as to get in touch with Darren (theboysintheband) with any information or myself (Chobbersjnr)

I feel for your loss my friend.
Isaac

The Pepsi Challenge
10-Feb-09, 16:17
That's bad craic :( Darren's a very nice chap, and, being a hard-up student studying music, these things are not only integral to him, they probably have a lot of sentimental value, too. If they have been stolen, I only hope whomever did it, does the right thing and returns them immediately.

buddyrich
10-Feb-09, 16:27
The swine. I'll give a shout if i hear anything.

the_big_mac
10-Feb-09, 17:54
Thats rough!

I'll keep an eye out.

May be worthwhile watchin ebay for the next month.

theboysintheband
10-Feb-09, 17:57
That was my plan. Cheers.

I've had a possible bit of good news. The Dangleberries have had a second look in their van and found some cymbals...I have to phone them tonight to see if its ma yins.

Thanks for your concerns.

guitarzan
10-Feb-09, 19:06
That's a poor show...

Was that from the Friday night or were you playin on the Saturday as weel?

theboysintheband
11-Feb-09, 16:26
Yea. The Dangleberries have a set of hi-hats and a crash cymbal that doesn't belong to them...so I'm pretty certain their mine.

Cheers.:D

The Pepsi Challenge
11-Feb-09, 16:29
Delighted for ya, lad :)