PDA

View Full Version : Fun in the Snow!

Reev
10-Feb-09, 15:14
Hey Guys,

Anyone who is up for making the town Snowmen a plenty.

A bunch of us are meeting up at the beach at 8pm,

Anyone up for some snowmen building meet us there

HAVE FUN!

:lol:

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 15:16
haha i might just do that! sounds like a great idea :lol:
what's the betting Shelley wants to come! :lol:

changilass
10-Feb-09, 15:17
Aww ats too late for the wee man he would have loved to join in, will just have to take him for a wee look tomorrow.

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 15:18
Aww ats too late for the wee man he would have loved to join in, will just have to take him for a wee look tomorrow.

at the rate this is going you'll be snowed in tomorrow changi!

changilass
10-Feb-09, 15:20
Hubby is on back shift today, he hasnt heard owt about not gitting in to work, just hope he can get home later and doesn't have to do a double shift.

Reev
10-Feb-09, 15:20
At the rate this snow is dropping, "Team White the town Snow" will be at this for a few days

The more the merrier!

:D

loobyloo
10-Feb-09, 15:23
Can't wait for my kids to get home to give me an excuse to go out and make a fool of myself!!!!!

Thumper
10-Feb-09, 15:23
Looks like there could be a snow day for the schools tomorrow?I have only just caught up with all the extra wetclothes washing from the weekend!The kids will love it though!x

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 15:31
arggh phoey, forgot i am working tonight, probably wont finish til about 11pm, but will take a drive round to see the results and maybe take a piccy or two :D

changilass
10-Feb-09, 15:32
Loobyloo, don't wait for the kids, just go fer it and have fun

loobyloo
10-Feb-09, 15:35
Forget the washing thumper!! Get out and do some snow angels: good for the snow and doesn't involve too much effort. Just have to tall over, which I invariably do and make out you meant to do it :))

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:40
haha i might just do that! sounds like a great idea :lol:
what's the betting Shelley wants to come! :lol:

Aww i do want to come but the OH is on night shift tonight so had better not take the bairn oot in this! But look! The eyes are CHOCOLATE BUTTONS!!!!!!

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7/dsc00730qf6.jpg

Bobinovich
10-Feb-09, 15:43
Whit a waste o' 'e choccy buttons tho :(!

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:44
Whit a waste o' 'e choccy buttons tho :(!

I cudna find any stones because o how deep the snow is in our garden! :(

changilass
10-Feb-09, 15:45
he he Bob, my thoughts exactly .........

pst Bob, where does Shelly live? we can go mug her snowman

Reev
10-Feb-09, 15:46
So i can expect to see some of you there?!?!?

heh heh

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:49
he he Bob, my thoughts exactly .........

pst Bob, where does Shelly live? we can go mug her snowman

:eek: U cana mug my wee snowman! Poor thing! We have a mini snowman too! But he has stones for eyes cos he was made yesterday when we could see!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4840/dsc00712vd7.jpg

changilass
10-Feb-09, 15:51
But I will bring sone stones to replace the buttons shelly ....... honest

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:53
They have to be pretty stones then! My tiny snowman is nearly invisible! Another hour and ma garden will be ready for another snowman the way its going! :eek:

Any news o how bad the roads are til wick? My mate is wonderin!

Foxy
10-Feb-09, 15:56
Just back from work Wick-Thurso road by Castletown is very slippy. I don't need to make a snowman after working outside all day i look like one. [lol]

carasmam
10-Feb-09, 15:59
Keiss to Wick road is pretty bad just now

neepnipper
10-Feb-09, 16:05
Tell about it, had to turn round and head home at Sub Sea 7.:(

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 16:07
just had a text from a friend out at dounreay ....
"I am in heaven. Ye Ha. Dounreay just been shut. Never seen it like this for a long time"

i think my friend wants to play in the snow!:lol:

Thumper
10-Feb-09, 16:09
Tuggs,are we set for more snow over the next couple of days?x

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 16:12
Tuggs,are we set for more snow over the next couple of days?x
errmmmmm, YUP :D :D :D

Thumper
10-Feb-09, 16:14
I did think so,but wanted to make sure and I wouldnt trust anyone elses judgement as well as yours!Thanks Tuggs,looks like an extra days holidays for the kids then! x

carasmam
10-Feb-09, 16:14
Tell about it, had to turn round and head home at Sub Sea 7.:(

I debated turning back too, but the citylink bus was so tight up my backside he wouldn't have seen me indicate to turn in [evil]

Iffy
10-Feb-09, 16:16
Absolutely GORGEOUS looking out on this winter wonderland !! Makes it even more lovely when you know you and loved ones are safe and sound at home.
My heart goes out to those who have to be out and about in this, and just want to say that I pray everyone is being extra careful and keeping safe - look after yourselves eh ? !

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 16:22
Its stopping! :~(

Reev
10-Feb-09, 16:27
..............EPIC FAIL!

Team Snow will not be denied their "Winter Wonderland"

:~(

A9RUNNER
10-Feb-09, 16:29
Start the snow dance now!! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 16:29
Come back snow! Come back! :~( Dont leave us now!!!

Oddquine
10-Feb-09, 16:37
Still snowing here.........you can have it all!

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 16:39
My OH just looked at google earth and the snow cloud has passed! :~(

Reev
10-Feb-09, 16:44
My OH just looked at google earth and the snow cloud has passed! :~(

Gutted.............Team Snow has been denied by the wrath of the sun!

Words wont desribe how seriously gutted i am!

By the time i get out tonight the snow will be slushy harder crud, not the fun soft stuff!

meh, i amnaged to make 2 snowmen at work though!

Gutted................:~(

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 16:44
Still coming down heavy in Wick... :(

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 16:46
Gutted.............Team Snow has been denied by the wrath of the sun!

Words wont desribe how seriously gutted i am!

By the time i get out tonight the snow will be slushy harder crud, not the fun soft stuff!

meh, i amnaged to make 2 snowmen at work though!

Gutted................:~(

Im gutted too! I am wandering round in a rampage now! Bet it is all melted soon! :~( Im so sad now! How can i go from being so giddy to being so sad!

changilass
10-Feb-09, 18:08
just had a text from a friend out at dounreay ....
"I am in heaven. Ye Ha. Dounreay just been shut. Never seen it like this for a long time"

i think my friend wants to play in the snow!:lol:

Shifts are still in Tuggs, just had to drive hubby out there as no one seemed to know where the busses were, once past the Weigh Inn it was easy driving, but temps did drop to -5. Back home lovely and warm in front of a roaring fire mmmm

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 19:00
Me and my son playing in the snow! :) I look a complete mess i know! Lol! See what i mean about bein wrapped up! [lol] He had 4 pairs o mitts!!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3543/dsc00734we3.jpg

dirdyweeker
10-Feb-09, 19:01
Im gutted too! I am wandering round in a rampage now! Bet it is all melted soon! :~( Im so sad now! How can i go from being so giddy to being so sad!

Now Shelley, at least you got enough to build your snowmen. You were so desperate and got what you wished for so keep wishing!

do de do
10-Feb-09, 19:04
We are just in from sledging. It was fab! :Razz
Do x

Alice in Blunderland
10-Feb-09, 19:21
We have just been out building a snowman down at the loch and the kids have been having fun in the quad bike wee sparkle is going to post it for you all to see

ett23
10-Feb-09, 19:27
Well we attempted to make a snowman in our garden but it was too fluffy. When it eventually started to stick together it got hard and cracked so we gave up in the end and played snowball fights, then I started clearing the path and the girls joined in and they had more fun doing that than anything else!!! And my youngest kept dropping to do snow angels - comic! :lol:

wee sparkle
10-Feb-09, 19:30
We even managed to get Alice out in the snow for a while! :lol:

Heres a link (hope it works) to my photobucket, and on there is some photos of me, my brother, my sister and our very own M Funkenstein. :p

Do enjoy :grin:...

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/weesparkle/Snow%20in%20Sarclet/

wee sparkle
10-Feb-09, 19:37
Also for your amusement..... us four on the quadbike with the sledge:p

That was such fun!...:lol:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=BigHugs09&view=videos

mrs and mr brown
10-Feb-09, 19:47
We even managed to get Alice out in the snow for a while!

Heres a link (hope it works) to my photobucket, and on there is some photos of me, my brother, my sister and our very own M Funkenstein. :p

Do enjoy :grin:...

http://s686.photobucket.com/albums/vv229/weesparkle/Snow%20in%20Sarclet/

hello wee sparkle loved the photos looked like you all were having a lot of fun.;
ps. look on the 2nd page the last one seems to be a photo of someone boxers when there wearing them lol, had to do a double take lol.:p

mrs and mr brown
10-Feb-09, 19:49
Me and my son playing in the snow! :) I look a complete mess i know! Lol! See what i mean about bein wrapped up! [lol] He had 4 pairs o mitts!!

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/3543/dsc00734we3.jpg

ahh shelley, thats a lovely photo of the two of you, he looks lovely.

wee sparkle
10-Feb-09, 19:57
hello wee sparkle loved the photos looked like you all were having a lot of fun.;
ps. look on the 2nd page the last one seems to be a photo of someone boxers when there wearing them lol, had to do a double take lol.

Yes sorry!...haha thats my brother after the snow...even though he had atleast 4 layers on, he got snow down his trousers!:lol:

Silly fool he is :p, and my sister took a foto of him! so thats what it was, sorry if i confused you :D

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 20:14
ahh shelley, thats a lovely photo of the two of you, he looks lovely.

Thank you! He is my wee angel! :rolleyes:

A9RUNNER
10-Feb-09, 21:11
We have been sledging, skiing, making snowmen and snow angels this afternoon, long may this last its been a while since we have been able to use sledges.

shaz77
10-Feb-09, 21:28
my kids snowman and igloo we had great fun

sjr014
10-Feb-09, 23:21
We are just in from sledging. It was fab! :Razz
Do x

Yeah we went up the riverside in Wick sledging today! The poor bairns didna hev a chance adults took charge of the sledges! Lol

Reev
11-Feb-09, 15:12
Keeping the dream alive, At BT we js made an EPIC snowman

BT-ET (Bernie-Edwin-Toe-Mas) Even at work the dream can continue

GO TEAM SNOW!!!!