PDA

View Full Version : Car boot sale/table top sale

chamb
10-Feb-09, 13:11
On the Sunday 8th March

In The Royal Hotel, Thurso

12 Noon to 2pm

£5 Per Table

Refreshments & Snacks on offer, (With Special Rates for Stall Holers)

Free Raffle for Stall Holders

Raffle for the Public, with Proceeds going to Charity

To Book:
Call 07724 323219
E-mail Chamb1511@aol.com
Or Call in to the Royal Hotel

changilass
10-Feb-09, 13:47
Which charity??

chamb
11-Feb-09, 21:58
Which charity??

Its for the North Highland Cancer Support Centre, which is a new charity that set up last year.

In the royal they have a collection Tin on the bar and all proceeds from the raffle will be deposited in there.

scorpion
11-Feb-09, 22:06
Does the charity also get the money charged for the tables ?

poppett
16-Feb-09, 20:08
Hope you get a good turn out for the sale.

What a brilliant combination, Sunday lunch and a browse round a sale all under the same roof.

Hope this idea takes off and becomes a regular event.

chamb
24-Feb-09, 10:34
Does the charity also get the money charged for the tables ?

Any money left over after paying for the useofthe hall will be donated.

Hope there is a good turn out, 6 Tables booked already.

chamb
24-Feb-09, 10:36
Hope you get a good turn out for the sale.

What a brilliant combination, Sunday lunch and a browse round a sale all under the same roof.

Hope this idea takes off and becomes a regular event.

Hope there is a good turn out, its possible if there is a good turn out selling and buying that I have been thinking about making it a monthly thing, last sunday of each month, maybe.

We will see how this goes?

poppett
24-Feb-09, 13:40
A regular date sounds like a good idea and gives folk time to plan ahead.

The regular boot sales in Inverness were always well attended and also had a section with home baking, tatties & veg, eggs etc., a mini farmers market. The tattie man used to sell a lot on the day in all sorts of quantities, and also took orders for delivery during the week.

It would also give the smaller charities a chance to sell their goods or a care home wanting to make extra patients funds could have a collection of goodies amongst the staff and residents and sell it on a table at the Royal.

The potential is there - just hope folk put on their thinking caps and use it.

Moonboots
24-Feb-09, 15:33
Any money left over after paying for the useofthe hall will be donated.

Dont you think being a charity then The Royal would give the hall for Free!!!!

Ive done a few things in there before and ive always had the hall for nothing...

scorpion
24-Feb-09, 20:18
Hi moonboots ,thats why i asked the question earlier but it looks like they`re not being very charitable

Moonboots
24-Feb-09, 21:05
Hi moonboots ,thats why i asked the question earlier but it looks like they`re not being very charitable

So it looks like they are just out to make money and not help by giving the hall etc for charities.

To tell you the truth it looks like Chamb works for the Royal. Just a gut feeling i have!!!

ABC
25-Feb-09, 09:56
Yes I have heard this preious (chamb working in royal) in managerial post

Moonboots
25-Feb-09, 11:57
Case Closed!!!!

davie
25-Feb-09, 14:33
I used to think that the Royal Hotel (in fact all hotels) were run as a business and to expect them to provide premises free to any charity is stretching things a bit. The fact that one of the people involved with the charity may work there would seem to be immaterial although it appears to make for good scandal among some of the uncharitable individuals who frequent this forum.

scorpion
25-Feb-09, 19:36
Why does our question make us uncharitable .The British Legion always donate their hall for any charity functions ,they , like the Royal can make money by selling refreshments and snacks

davie
25-Feb-09, 19:44
Nothing wrong with the question - the statements says something else and I consider that uncharitable .

chamb
25-Feb-09, 23:11
As already mentioned in this thread I do indeed work in the Royal,

BUT at the time of the car boot I will no longer be, so I think it only fair not to expect them to give it for free.

So rather than post saying ALL proceeds will be going to the chosen charity I said after costs the remainder will be donated.

I brought the fact there was a car boot sale to the org to raise awareness and to raise more money. But the next one I wont bother.

Loch not Lock
26-Feb-09, 11:19
As already mentioned in this thread I do indeed work in the Royal,

BUT at the time of the car boot I will no longer be, so I think it only fair not to expect them to give it for free.

So rather than post saying ALL proceeds will be going to the chosen charity I said after costs the remainder will be donated.

I brought the fact there was a car boot sale to the org to raise awareness and to raise more money. But the next one I wont bother.

I would like to thank you, chamb, for making your original post. Just ignore any negative comments as surely any money raised for charity is most welcome.:)

anneoctober
26-Feb-09, 12:08
Has it REALLY come to this? We suspect everyone of having ulterior motives if they do something to raise money for charity etc? Surely Chamb should be applauded for her willingness to work for charity and raise funds, not treated with suspicion.

davie
26-Feb-09, 12:45
You will always get these mean-minded individuals - having the brass neck to post their scurrilous inneundo on a public forum is something else.

Loch not Lock
06-Mar-09, 10:32
:)Just a reminder that the sale is this Sunday.

poppett
07-Mar-09, 22:11
Hope lots of folk turn up for some good deals, both buying and selling. At least it is inside so the weather doesn`t matter