PDA

View Full Version : RBS Bonus Petition

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 11:50
I know this subject has been done to death and I am sick of hearing about it every time I turn on the TV but...

RBS, the bank that we the taxpayer now own 68% of, is planning to give out £1billion of bonuses.

Please sign the petition below to register your disgust at this blatant disregard for the general public.

www.ipetitions.com/petition/giveupthebonus/index.html (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/giveupthebonus/index.html)

These people make my blood boil - we pay for their incompetence and they take our money and give themselves a pat on the back!! [evil]

teenybash
10-Feb-09, 12:06
Have signed and am totally with you in sharing your anger and disgust.[disgust]

pat
10-Feb-09, 15:41
have signed - if they want to take the bonuses they lose their jobs (as they would have done had the banks gone under - as many other business have done).

It may be part of their contract but tough - it is our money they are dealing with not the banks as in previous years.

bekisman
10-Feb-09, 18:19
'Best show in Town' today! BBC on Sky with the 'stood down' Bankers getting questioned by Commons select - Tomorrow it's the one's who are in charge now..

Gogglebox
14-Feb-09, 18:30
Been a while since i was on so was having a good look around
Couldnt bring myself to sign this mounting campaign though and felt a neccesity to vent!

I do not want to see the manager of banks and all those at the decision making end of RBS get one "devalued pence" but i think its unfair that every RBS employee (and general bank employee) is now getting pillioried nationally and internationally and I struggle to understand why the banking unions are not saying more about this as the tellers that serve you day to day are low paid operatives who are only following the mandate from the people above and who now are suffering with pay freezes no doubt and the inevitable massive job losses that will come about over and above the recent announcements because of the ridiculous stewardship of Fred The Shred

Some of them are loyal hard working and deserve/rely on the bonuses they get to supplement a very meagre wage for the pressures that they are now put under to sell and bother folk for bank products/ account reviews/ and all that sales nonsense they get so

I think the petition should be tailored to excuse the actual people who have been working diligently following their instructions to allow them to get they bonuses if their actual work deserves it. - -
- -But no doubt the baby will get thrown out with the bath water and the witch hunt will go on when i believe the directors are wholly culpable and should be banned from any financial positions or gain in the future