PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

shazzap
09-Feb-09, 19:21
I bet your all sick of me asking questions, but heres another.
My daughter has asked me what fashion shops are in Wick and Thurso also clothes shopping for young children.

Cheers,:D

S&LHEN
09-Feb-09, 19:28
Hi
Well I know of New look and tesco in Wick for a start:lol:

joxville
09-Feb-09, 20:04
I've never heard of the words fashion, Wick and Thurso being used in the same sentence. Unless it's 1970's you're after. [lol]

Best try Inverness.

shazzap
09-Feb-09, 20:24
I've never heard of the words fashion, Wick and Thurso being used in the same sentence. Unless it's 1970's you're after. [lol]

Best try Inverness.

LOL
Come on then tell us where you shop.

joxville
09-Feb-09, 22:16
That most exclusive high of street shops.............Oxfam. [lol]

shazzap
09-Feb-09, 22:27
That most exclusive high of street shops.............Oxfam. [lol]

Befor my op i use to love having a rummage around all the charity shops

catran
09-Feb-09, 22:48
Befor my op i use to love having a rummage around all the charity shops
well you will have no difficulty in Wick plenty of them boutiques in Wick and if you like dining out plenty of restuarants as well. Hope you enjoy your move to the far North

bagpuss
09-Feb-09, 23:38
M&Co, New Look, Edinburgh Woolen Mill, Tesco and a few local shops- most of which have been sidelined and are closing down due to the retail parks. At least four charity shops, two of which sell furniture, and all four sell clothing, books etc.

Average
09-Feb-09, 23:42
I remember a Shop called Mckays which was next to Templetons (later boots). And there was a wee shop under Vista Video, oposite the home bakery. I assume both are now gone?

Moira
10-Feb-09, 00:08
M&Co, New Look, Edinburgh Woolen Mill, Tesco and a few local shops- most of which have been sidelined and are closing down due to the retail parks. At least four charity shops, two of which sell furniture, and all four sell clothing, books etc.

What!? You're having the same problem in London?

It's a sign of the times then, eh?

Fran
10-Feb-09, 02:00
I remember a Shop called Mckays which was next to Templetons (later boots). And there was a wee shop under Vista Video, oposite the home bakery. I assume both are now gone?

M&M is Mackays..................and the shop you mention is doreen Turners ladies clothes shop and that is still there. there are also ladies clothes shops in thurso

poppett
10-Feb-09, 10:09
Thurso has M&Co (Mackays). Buttresses, Elizabeth`s upstairs, Sinclairs above shoe shop. And of course access to all the usual catalogue companies, although from what I have seen recently some of the independents like Empire Stores and JD Williams are now part of the Littlewoods Group.

Happy Shopping. Love Turners in Wick.... thanks Fran, couldn`t remember the name of the shop but could have got there.

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 16:49
M&M is Mackays..................and the shop you mention is doreen Turners ladies clothes shop and that is still there. there are also ladies clothes shops in thurso

M&CO is Mackays and the wee shop under Vista Video was called Toffs - now an Estate Agents...

Julia
10-Feb-09, 17:06

Best try Inverness.

Hilarious!

The shop under vista video, wasn't that Turners (your best bet for a 'Doreen' bra)

Surely the government could make Doreen bras standard issue for those in the forces, I'm quite sure they could deflect bullets and bombs of all kinds!

Missy Wick
10-Feb-09, 17:22
wasnt the shop under vista video Toffs clothes shop?

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 17:35
Er - does no one read the posts above them? :roll:

Average
10-Feb-09, 17:42
Am I getting confused by the big chain store Mackays and the shop opposite the rendevious restaraunt? I think I was owned by somone called Grey? I thought it was called Mackays too.

Toffs, that was the one i was thinking of. Actually it may not be under Vista video but very close to.

Alice in Blunderland
10-Feb-09, 17:51
McAllans clothes shop for men and women. Alice spent many happy years working there many moons ago. :) One of the owners was Harry Gray.

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 17:53
Am I getting confused by the big chain store Mackays and the shop opposite the rendevious restaraunt? I think I was owned by somone called Grey? I thought it was called Mackays too.

Toffs, that was the one i was thinking of. Actually it may not be under Vista video but very close to.

You went up the stairs to Vista Video and the shop called Toffs was right beside it on the corner, now the estate agents.

M&Co (Mackays chain store) is beside Woolies Lane - I'm not sure of the other Mackays opposite the Rendezvous..?

Murdina Bug
10-Feb-09, 17:58
Alice, you just beat me to it! I was just about to say McAllan's as well. Shazzap, we are not well serviced for kids clothes shops - there are small sections in Mackays (M&Co) Wick & Thurso, in Wick there is also Tesco and in Thurso a small shop called Wee Ones (up to about age 10?). It is also usually a case of 'buy what they stock at the time' rather than you are able to go looking for a specific item. e.g I wanted pyjamas for a 4-5 year old boy but there were none left in M&Co, when I asked if they were getting more in they said that they didn't know what was coming in the order - they just get what they are sent. Very frustrating!

AfternoonDelight
10-Feb-09, 18:05
Alice, you just beat me to it! I was just about to say McAllan's as well.

Of course...:)

shazzap
10-Feb-09, 18:41
Of course...:)

And has anyone noticed that Afternoon delight is selling a car lol;)

Thank you to all contributers :D