PDA

View Full Version : downloading music

landmarker
10-Feb-06, 22:42
I've had the net for ten years but never downloaded much, and never any music.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Gordon Lighfoot's 'In the early morning rain'

I don't mind paying. This song came back into my mind a few weeks ago and was performed by 'Peter,Paul & Mary' on BBC 4 tonight - it's brilliant and makes me eyes moist.

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 22:46
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YW4N/qid=1139607632/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/203-6396516-1480711

Great song......"If You Could Read My Mind" another favourite of mine....

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 22:48
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YW4N/qid=1139607632/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/203-6396516-1480711

Great song......"If You Could Read My Mind" another favourite of mine....

Please try to ignore my stupidity.....:(

ITunes would probably be your best bet I think.....

landmarker
10-Feb-06, 23:04
Please try to ignore my stupidity.....:(

ITunes would probably be your best bet I think.....

You seem to ignore mine Savey - lets go quid pro quo on this.

ice box
10-Feb-06, 23:23
I have searched on woolies site and they have it go to music downloads and type his name in the search bar and its on page five and it cost 59p
www.woolworths.co.uk

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 23:39
You seem to ignore mine Savey - lets go quid pro quo on this.

Thanks.....*note to self* : READ POSTS BEFORE REPLYING!

:o

eastend
10-Feb-06, 23:56
I've had the net for ten years but never downloaded much, and never any music.

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of Gordon Lighfoot's 'In the early morning rain'

I don't mind paying. This song came back into my mind a few weeks ago and was performed by 'Peter,Paul & Mary' on BBC 4 tonight - it's brilliant and makes me eyes moist.

hi landmarker
i just downloaded a copy of it if u like it pm with your email addy and i be happy to send it to you

landmarker
10-Feb-06, 23:56
I have searched on woolies site and they have it go to music downloads and type his name in the search bar and its on page five and it cost 59p
www.woolworths.co.uk

thanks ice-box
freezer jolly good fellow.

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 23:58
thanks ice-box
freezer jolly good fellow.
Ouch! :lol:

krieve
11-Feb-06, 00:06
I have used the woolworths site for downloading a lot of music and have never had any problems it's the best i have tried and i can always find what i am looking for .

landmarker
11-Feb-06, 00:33
A public thank-you to eastend, who sent me a copy of the track.

thanks a lot.

ice box
11-Feb-06, 00:49
If you want eastend you can have my email address and send me some save me paying for them lol

girnigoe
11-Feb-06, 00:56
I have used the woolworths site for downloading a lot of music and have never had any problems it's the best i have tried and i can always find what i am looking for .

I have also downloaded a few singles from Woolies website - Great Price I agree - though when I go to put them on my MP3 player it says something about an error???

What am I doing wrong? BTW Im new to MP3s - Can you tell????[lol]

eastend
11-Feb-06, 00:59
If you want eastend you can have my email address and send me some save me paying for them lol

wot u looking for icebox im sure i could help.lol

krieve
11-Feb-06, 00:59
I have also downloaded a few singles from Woolies website - Great Price I agree - though when I go to put them on my MP3 player it says something about an error???

sorry i have had my mp3 player over a year i still can't figure it out lol i gave up on it.It was making me mad lol

krieve
11-Feb-06, 01:01
wot u looking for icebox im sure i could help.lol
If you are giving out downloads i would like some queen songs please eastend lol

eastend
11-Feb-06, 01:02
sorry i have had my mp3 player over a year i still can't figure it out lol i gave up on it.It was making me mad lol
u no need for a MP3 player to make you mad ur that already lol

Saveman
11-Feb-06, 01:03
Careful Eastend.....you don't want to make an enemy of the music industry...

krieve
11-Feb-06, 01:04
u no need for a MP3 player to make you mad ur that already lol
Lol your lucky i will forgive you but only because you are right lol

eastend
11-Feb-06, 01:08
no giving out downloads i have over 80gig of my own music

Sianymo
11-Feb-06, 12:13
krieve Quote:
Originally Posted by girnigoe

Music is probably not in MP3 format.
goto http://cd-to-mp3.audiolaunch.com/cd-ripper/
and download CDex for free.

You can then convert any music cd to mp3. It only appears to work from a CD though so any album you have downloaded needs to be burnt to CD first (which is fine as then you have it backed up). Once you have ripped the cd to Mp3 you can plonk it on any mp3 device.

Hope this helps!

girnigoe
12-Feb-06, 00:53
Music is probably not in MP3 format.
goto http://cd-to-mp3.audiolaunch.com/cd-ripper/
and download CDex for free.

You can then convert any music cd to mp3. It only appears to work from a CD though so any album you have downloaded needs to be burnt to CD first (which is fine as then you have it backed up). Once you have ripped the cd to Mp3 you can plonk it on any mp3 device.

Hope this helps!

Thanks will give it a try!!

paris
12-Feb-06, 03:28
Does anyone know how to download karaoke music and actually get the words to appear on a screen, ie like a normal karaoke disc you buy ???