PDA

View Full Version : Isn't it light!

neepnipper
08-Feb-09, 22:15
Amazed at how light it is tonight, the same last night, can see for miles.

I know there is a big moon tonight, does the snow reflect the light from it?

DeHaviLand
08-Feb-09, 22:34
Amazed at how light it is tonight, the same last night, can see for miles.

I know there is a big moon tonight, does the snow reflect the light from it?

Indeedy :D

Kathy@watten
09-Feb-09, 00:22
Wow it was bright out tonight, took all horses in tonight without a torch at 10.30, I quite often need torch at 6pm so the snow and moon doing me a great service! Very cold about -5 here and as still as a still thing so feels very dry and crispy.

trix
09-Feb-09, 01:19
full moon tomorrow aboot 20 til 3 in 'e efternoon. there is actually goin til be an eclipse o' 'e moon but we wilna see it here :(

did anyone see 'e great beeg circle roond 'e moon enite? i wondered what 'at ment - if anything??

'e auld kiddies at ma work reckon its a sign o' bad weather...frost or somethin...but i da ken.

Metalattakk
09-Feb-09, 01:38
did anyone see 'e great beeg circle roond 'e moon enite? i wondered what 'at ment - if anything??

'e auld kiddies at ma work reckon its a sign o' bad weather...frost or somethin...but i da ken.

According to the scientific Dr. Google:

Halos are optical atmospheric phenomena that happen with the moon and also with the sun. They are mostly due to the refraction of moonlight (or sunlight) that passes through ice crystals present in thin clouds at the atmosphere(colored halos). Reflection of the light from the ice crystal faces (white halos) can also contribute to that beautiful effect. They are pretty common and can be seen whenever these clouds are present at the convenient position and the skies are clear.

trix
10-Feb-09, 18:19
According to the scientific Dr. Google:...........

cheers metalman ;)