PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Huntly

porshiepoo
08-Feb-09, 19:10
I've finally got myself another Great Dane.
Having lost Woowoo a year ago tomorrow I didn't think I'd ever have room for another especially as depression had really got its claws in.
OH though knew exactly what I needed and took me to Huntly to get this gorgeous little boy and I can honestly say I finally have a smile on my face again.
I can't wait to get started with his training and I'm hoping I may have a future PAT dog.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/PORSHIEPOO/HUNTLY2.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/PORSHIEPOO/huntlypup16.jpg

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f1/PORSHIEPOO/huntlypup38.jpg

unicorn
08-Feb-09, 19:16
He is lovely, is that the breeder I pm'd you about?
Glad you got another, the house is just too quiet when our friends pass.

teenybash
08-Feb-09, 19:19
A beautiful little man with the lovliest colouring.............think he is going to be a bit of a heartbreaker with the ladies.
Love the mischevious look in his eyes ........ Lots of happy years together is my wish for you. :)

Jovi
08-Feb-09, 19:25
Hi Porshiepoo,he's gorgeous,another Dane, maybe we'll bump into you with our Dane sometime.Sounds very similar to my situation. I had a beautiful Dane girl when we came here but lost her at only 2 1/2 and was devastated. After a year and when I was on a visit down south I finally had the opportunity to look and came back 4 days later with my puppy...who partner found out about when he met me at the train station....he didn't look remotely surprised. He's 2 next month and gorgeous,I hope you're as happy with yours. Will never be as long without one again. Good Luck, Jovi :D:D

binbob
08-Feb-09, 19:30
all the very best of luck with huntly...he looks very cute and already spoiled..the only way i like it!!take care..:Razz

porshiepoo
08-Feb-09, 19:34
He is lovely, is that the breeder I pm'd you about?
Glad you got another, the house is just too quiet when our friends pass.

I'm not sure. I've emptied my entire inbox by accident and lost stuff I meant to keep hold of. [disgust]

Huntly is just 12 weeks old and we got him from..........Huntly. lol.

unicorn
08-Feb-09, 19:44
I think it would be as it was huntly area in the press and journal and harli pups. He is stunning but rather you than me feding him :lol: and clearing up after :eek:

porshiepoo
08-Feb-09, 19:49
I think it would be as it was huntly area in the press and journal and harli pups. He is stunning but rather you than me feding him and clearing up after

LOL. I love every minute of every part of looking after him. I guess Dane owners would have to. :lol:

He's actually a Merle colourwise, although Merle isn't actually a colour it's more to do with a gene that creates a patchy lightening effect on the natural base colour - black in Huntlys case.
There you go, I've just imparted some completely useless piece of information to you. :lol:

unicorn
08-Feb-09, 19:51
ah so it's kind of like the red eyed white gene in rabbits, it's not really a white rabbit just a masked colour.

ANNIE
08-Feb-09, 19:53
Awww he's soooo handsome :D

Allsorts
08-Feb-09, 20:06
He is beautiful and looks like you are going to have loads of fun with him. My friend has just got a lovely girl great dame and the kids call her the "pony"

Liz
08-Feb-09, 20:12
Huntly is beautiful Porshiepoo and so glad he has made you smile again!

I love the photo of him with his toy.:D

Wishing you many years of happiness together.

Julia
08-Feb-09, 21:12
Wow, Huntly is so cute, he is utterly totally gorgeous!! I'm really pleased for you

porshiepoo
09-Feb-09, 12:47
Thanks for all the messages.
Huntly really does seem to be exactly what I needed. It would seem my husband knows me better than I know myself. lol.

cuddlepop
09-Feb-09, 14:58
He's a wee cracker and I'm sure will grow up to be a handsome dog.

Your Oh must know you so well to spring this suprise on you and at just the right time.

Many happy years together,I'm sure.:D

carasmam
09-Feb-09, 15:03
Huntly is so handsome, beautiful markings. Hope you keep us up to date on his progress, we all love doggie pics :D

crustyroll
09-Feb-09, 23:51
Porshiepoo, Huntly is a dream... I've always had a hankering for a Dane but never gotten round to one. I then resigned myself to the fact that for one Dane I could have 2 Labradors... :lol:

I kept a puppy from a litter I bred and to be honest I don't think it's a Labrador I bred but a Dane/Mastiff cross from the amount of slobber he puts about, it's like wallpaper paste!!! His muzzle looks huge in these pics but I think it's just the angle.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Andrea/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg
file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Andrea/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg

Sarah
11-Feb-09, 20:03
He is absolutely GORGEOUS! He looks identical to another dane I know on another forum. Makes me melt :)

Tilter
11-Feb-09, 20:59
PP,

All I can say is WOWWWW. What colour is he? (Don't know anything about the Danish Ones)

but I do hope you walk him everywhere so maybe we can run into him.

(We used to have a cat called Huntly - so called because we found him as a tiny kitten starving and covered in oil in the middle of the road into Huntly.)

Anyway, enjoy.

kas
14-Feb-09, 01:16
He is a beauty, and I hope he keeps the spirits high.

balto
15-Feb-09, 23:12
what a lovely looking dog, sure he will bring you loads of fun times.

fuzzypeg
18-Feb-09, 13:07
:lol: i have only resently became the proud owner of a dane after hankering my oh for years.unfortunately i am her 8th owner and she is only 19 months old .i am still finding out all the reasons as to why that is, coz she has a great temperament and is great with my 2 young kids.but she is the spitting image of your huntly

grumpy1
19-Feb-09, 00:13
he is absolutely gorgeous...looks to be quite a character....