PDA

View Full Version : Help! Buses from Inverness to Thurso

Fluff
08-Feb-09, 17:41
Ok, OH and I are coming up in a couple of weeks and I am trying to find out if it is cheaper to get the train or the bus.
I have managed to find out how much the train will be but I am driving myseld mad trying to find out the bus fare with stagecoach!!
Can anyone help me, or does anyone know how much it is, single and return??
Thank you so much in advance to whoever can help.
Oh and please dont just post the website, I will throw the pc out of the window if I have to look at it anymore!

changilass
08-Feb-09, 17:43
Might be worth putting date you are travelling, you never know, someone might be coming up the line with an empty car.

Dreamweaver
08-Feb-09, 18:20
I got a return from Wick to Inverness in November and it was £24.25 - gives you a rough idea

shaz77
08-Feb-09, 18:47
www.citylink.co.uk (http://www.citylink.co.uk) for inverness to thurso times and prices :D

purplelady
09-Feb-09, 00:16
If you book in advance on city link think it is about £19.50x

sweetpea
09-Feb-09, 00:19
If your over 50 or 55 you can go anywhere in Scotland for 15 quid!! I go Wick to Glasgow on the train quite often and if I book it 2 weeks before it costs about £45 return.:)

Kathy@watten
09-Feb-09, 00:26
I got a bus from Thurso to Inverness for £6.05 I think it was had to be booked online and was non tranferable or refundable but what a bargain. these tickets are available they are Apex tickets you can download and print your own ticket and then turn up at said time! You just try all the various times the buses go on the day you want to travel and find a cheeky fare...have done this lots and always gotten a cracking deal!

Kevin Milkins
09-Feb-09, 02:20
For a specific price for what you want you would have to indicate what is your available window of travel.

There are flights from Gatwick to Inverness on the 22 and the 24 of Feb for under £40 all in.

Fran
09-Feb-09, 02:51
You can get a sleeper train £19 inclusive each london to Inverness, flights are cheap to inverness, and if you are over 55 you could get from Berwick to Wick for £15 each RETURN.on the train.

Fluff
09-Feb-09, 11:43
Sorry I forgot to say in the orginal post, I am trying to find out the price from Inverness to Thurso.

pattiembc
08-Jul-10, 19:29
I booked bus tickets on the Scrabster- Inverness run- 70£ for four thinking it would be convenient directly from the ferry. Not only that- the website assured me that cancellation was possible up to 24 hours before travel. Almost immediately I discovered that the rail could be purchased for 42£ - a considerable saving. Returning to the bus site I found no means to cancel & upon emailing was informed that the cost to cancel was minimum 50% & in this case 10£ per ticket. So a warning to other travellers- especially those of us booking from overseas- don't purchase your bus ticket until you have researched ALL means of travel first!

philupmaboug
08-Jul-10, 19:46
Think the club 55 with first is now £22.00 return anywhere in Scotland as of 1st July.

Fluff
08-Jul-10, 23:13
WHOA! Old post alert!!

But we are coming up in August :D