PDA

View Full Version : in tune with toboggan...?

percy toboggan
08-Feb-09, 14:38
People referring to themselves in the third person can be mildly annoying.Please allow me this brief indulgence.

Crayola cut me to the quick t'other day when she said 'You've got no answers' :confused

It's reet of course and I only wish I had, although I'm convinced nobody would take much notice 'cos I'm ever so 'umble...like.:roll:

I do have questions though and for my own amusement I wonder if many of you might reach the same answers.

So, I set about composing a survey. It's free - amazing what's on offer on th'interweb these days. If you 've a couple of minutes to spare the results might be intriguing - for me anyway. You can even set your own survey up on this site - and I'll gladly fill you in.

One or two predictable questions - one or two off the wall.It was drawn up in minutes & I do not claim it sensible, nor scientific...it's just me.
If you find yourself answering 'YES' to the majority of questions then the bad news is we're on a similar wavelength.;)
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=8ZXiPyw_2bAEnD_2fPZtgokrKA_3d_3d

joxville
08-Feb-09, 15:32
Oh Dear God, I'm a percy clone. :~(

Bazeye
08-Feb-09, 16:16
8 yes 2 no

percy toboggan
08-Feb-09, 16:20
Oh Dear God, I'm a percy clone. :~(

bad news for both of us eh jox old lad. ;)

joxville
08-Feb-09, 16:25
bad news for both of us eh jox old lad. ;)

Oh I dunno-maybe there's worse things to be. :) Excuse me while I go look for colouring pens!!! [lol]

Gizmo
08-Feb-09, 16:34
1/2/3/4/6 - No
5/7/8/9/10 - Yes

changilass
08-Feb-09, 16:35
He he I'm a Percette or should that be a Toboggette??

Ricco
08-Feb-09, 16:41
Like Gizmo, about 50/50 I must say that the first question was a bit ambiguous. I wanted to answer Yes and No. No, I am not particularly concerned about the country being multicultural; Yes, I do like it being that way and am concerned that it remain that way in a stable manner.

Royalty - well, what a fabulous tourist attraction it is. However, the first thing I DO think we should do is make that waster Harry go out and get a proper job and stop wasting tax payers' money.

Angela
08-Feb-09, 16:54
6 yes, 4 no .........

One 'yes' that might have been a 'no', but cancelled out by one 'no' that could have been a 'yes' if the questions had been worded slightly differently.

I think that makes sense....sort of! :confused

percy toboggan
08-Feb-09, 17:05

You can be a Sister Sledge if you like Changi! ;)

Thanks to all who looked, and even lingered. Quite fun on this cold, chilt afternoon.

Alice in Blunderland
08-Feb-09, 19:22
Three yes seven no................... oops not a Percy clone.

Some of the answers it would have been nice to be able to have left a comment. :)

percy toboggan
08-Feb-09, 19:29
Three yes seven no................... oops not a Percy clone.

Some of the answers it would have been nice to be able to have left a comment. :)

Yes Alice that was an option I should in hindsight have employed.
Next time I do one I'll take a bit more time over it.
Many thanks for having a go though.

butterfly
08-Feb-09, 20:22

4 no
6 yes guess that makes me one too..............:roll:

Alice in Blunderland
08-Feb-09, 20:54
As a collective are we twits? [lol]

Brave, Brave person asking that one openly on the org :lol:

ShelleyCowie
08-Feb-09, 21:58
4 Yes and 6 No!

Is that a good thing or bad?! :confused

sweetpea
09-Feb-09, 00:09
I did the survey but didn't get any answers, the last page took me to a checkout.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-09, 18:41
61 folk took the time to answer/take part.

Yes answers predominated in 6 out of ten questions but most were quite close.

The biggest yes vote came for being anti-celebrity culture.

Biggest no vote came to 'borrowing money from your children to pay for ones working lunch' 6 people said yes.

I had to do this quite often c.1973. 50p. from my daughters moneybox would get me fish and chips and a slice of bread and butter. Cash flow problems by Friday but I always paid it back. I was on about twenty two quid a week at the time as an 'office manager' - only me in the office!

An interesting exercise which I might well repeat if you're up for it......thanks again.

Kodiak
09-Feb-09, 18:58
I seem to be really the odd one out :-

1 Yes
9 NO

So it would seem we do not see eye to eye.

K

Oddquine
09-Feb-09, 23:06
1,2,4,6,8 No
3,5,7,9,10 Yes.

But then I always knew I agreed with bits of Percy's opinions and not others.

Though a couple of them really needed a yes and no reply...........as in
Do you sometimes feel the world is changing beyond recognition to the one you grew up in, and do you see this having negative impact upon your quality of life?

Yes to the first, No to the second.

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 10:02
It seesm I am in tune with the percy man!!! 8 yes' and 2 no's . My god I am becoming a clone of the toboggan man!!!! Is there anything I can get from the doctor to cure this disease?;)

joxville
11-Feb-09, 15:37
It seesm I am in tune with the percy man!!! 8 yes' and 2 no's . My god I am becoming a clone of the toboggan man!!!! Is there anything I can get from the doctor to cure this disease?;)
You don't need a doctor. To cleanse your system of the percys just inhale the smoke from herbal sticks available at any good Tobogganist.

Errogie
13-Feb-09, 18:46
O.K. I've just caught up with the Toboggan survey and 3 yes 7 no is just about where I would expect to be relative to what I've seen of his views and contributions to the ORG message board.

crayola
14-Feb-09, 15:47
2 yes, 8 no.

I'm in tune with myself and the real thinkers. ;)

Angela
14-Feb-09, 15:49
Not quite sure how I did come up with that 6 yes and 4 no result .....:roll:

I must have been giving my Grumpy Old Woman a real good airing that day! ;)

crayola
14-Feb-09, 15:53
Not quite sure how I did come up with that 6 yes and 4 no result .....:roll:

I must have been giving my Grumpy Old Woman a real good airing that day! ;)You've been reading too many percy threads. It's easy to start believing anything if you get told it enough times!