PDA

View Full Version : New Sports Complex

Venture
10-Feb-06, 17:27
What's everyone's views on this new proposed £3 million sports complex.

cuddlepop
10-Feb-06, 18:15
This is going to sound stupid but what,where when and how?:confused

Venture
10-Feb-06, 19:10
According to the back page of the Groat Jacky Gunn chairman of Wick Academy Development fund has announced that a 3 million pound sports complex is supposedly to be built next to Wick High School.

obiron
10-Feb-06, 20:24
ah the promises of the FUND. do they have that much money??????

AR
10-Feb-06, 21:14
is it going to be a sports complex or a football complex?

Venture
10-Feb-06, 21:31
According to the Groat it is a sports complex complete with enclosed football pitch, 500 seat stand, running track, covered training pitch, four changing rooms, a fitness room and conference suite.

Murdina Bug
10-Feb-06, 22:27
It was buried on the back page! Not somewhere I usually peruse as I don't read the sport pages but I went and looked at it just now after your posting. Sounds like there have been dummies spat out all round over this issue. I hope that they (council and other financiers) will all be grown up enough to get together again and discuss the best way forward. To be honest, I thought the planning of a pitch without changing facilities was pretty stupid and if this option could be carried out instead it would be brilliant! Should be on the front page.

Saveman
10-Feb-06, 22:30
That would be great. Have I mentioned I'd like to see an indoor 5-a-side football pitch available in the county?

willowbankbear
10-Feb-06, 22:35
I think it would be great for local sport, its long overdue really in Wick & caithness.
Hope it Doesnt take 20 years to build like everything else in Wick does, but i think our councillors are a bit more with it nowadays than they used to be so Heres hoping folks

janette
10-Feb-06, 22:39
Remember 'the hanger' at Wick Airport, was it going to be a sports complex?

Also the Demonstration Garden in Wick, whatever happened to it?

AR
10-Feb-06, 23:02
I think the hanger got as far as building the changing rooms on the back then.........nothing more happened.

jambo
10-Feb-06, 23:32
is this the same jackie gunn that said he could not care if eastendboysclub shut down and the same man who went against caithness utd getting in the highland youth leauge.it says in the paper that their is a six plus 40-60 honorary members but when a lot of people applied to join they got no answer back.as far as i can see the only <parasite> i can see is him.

ice box
10-Feb-06, 23:35
I think it is going to be an all talk but no action my self &#163;3.million dont think so we are still waiting for the astro tuff pitch were,s it .

Venture
10-Feb-06, 23:35
Obviously the editor of the Groat didn't think it warranted front page coverage. After all we have been down this road before with WADF and their great plans. If its such a great project then ask yourself why do the council want nothing to do with it. You think they would jump at the chance of such an opportunity. Strange too that the chairman should say the enquiry is "done and dusted" when the charities commission themselves told the Groat it was still ongoing. Whose telling lies here!!

willowbankbear
10-Feb-06, 23:39
is this the same jackie gunn that said he could not care if eastendboysclub shut down and the same man who went against caithness utd getting in the highland youth leauge.it says in the paper that their is a six plus 40-60 honorary members but when a lot of people applied to join they got no answer back.as far as i can see the only <parasite> i can see is him.

youve just said what most folk think there jambo, well said bud

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 12:55
Someone told me that the land that is now Harmsworth Park was originally donated set up for the playing of cricket, is there any truth in this?

Tubthumper
04-Jul-10, 15:26
Apologies again, but here's more from 2006! I'm beginning to see a groundhog day situation!!

chocolatechip
04-Jul-10, 15:37
It would be nice to see something done especially for kids to go and to keep out of trouble! Just hope it comes to fruition and we don't have to wait for years for it to come!! Bring it on as the saying goes!!:D

WICKER10
04-Jul-10, 15:47
The chairman of WADF had great plans to sell the Harmsworth Park to a Supermarket but due to Time limits placed on it ,it did not go ahead.

horse
04-Jul-10, 18:09
When I read the title I thought maybe it was the Halkirk community sports center.Has it died a death too if so what happened to all the money that was going to be given to get it started (1 million if i remember right)or that was raised for it through various fundraising events ????
http://www.halkirkleisure.co.uk/default.asp

PantsMAN
04-Jul-10, 19:10
I just hope they don't try to build it on the Bignold Park...