PDA

View Full Version : Sad news

Liz
10-Feb-06, 15:47
At around 5 - 5.30pm last night a cat was knocked down at Castlegreen Rd, Thurso at the entrance to Castlegreen Court.

A volunteer from Cats Protection took it to the Vets but, sadly, it's injuries were too severe and it had to be put to sleep.

It was a brindle coloured Tortoiseshell.

If this cat belonged to anyone I hope they will take comfort from knowing that their pet was not alone at the end.

paris
10-Feb-06, 18:08
Really sorry to hear that Liz, someone must be missing a cat. thing is we let them out and never think anything is going to happen, unfortunately sometimes it does.

wickerinca
10-Feb-06, 18:54
Aaaah Liz. Sorry to hear about that.:(

Liz
10-Feb-06, 19:29
Yes it is a real shame. I realise it is a risk every time a cat is let out but,sadly, an awful lot of cats are run over due to cars speeding. Athough I do realise there are occasions when a cat will come out from nowhere and the driver doesn't have a chance of missing it.

However, it would have been nice if the person had stopped!

wickerinca
10-Feb-06, 20:06
I know. I had a beautiful white kitten called Daisy and someone ran her over just in front of my Mum and Dad's house..............she used to come out visiting with me..loved getting in the car!!....but he didn't stop and he knew he had hit her as he did make an effort to slow down. It wasn't his fault but he could have stopped....I wouldn't have done much damage to him!
One of my sons has 3 cats and 2 of them are indoor only.....they don't get out at all. Many cats here in Canada are like that also although I must admit that my one isn't. However we do live a little bit off the road and it is very quiet anyway. Any cats that I have in future will be indoor....they are quite happy living like that!!

Liz
11-Feb-06, 15:12
So sorry to hear about what happened to Daisy.:cry:

I have four cats and three of them are kept indoors and they are really happy.

I have a couple of play centres for them to climb and plenty of toys and give them lots of attention.
The one who goes out chooses not to in the cold weather. Smart cat!:o)

No one has reported the cat who was killed so I think it may be one of the growing number of stray cats we have in Caithness.
As I said before at least someone was with it when it passed away.