PDA

View Full Version : Puppy run over

Tugmistress
08-Feb-09, 11:10
Neep just talking to some friends online and their pup (about 3 or 4 month old) was run over on wednesday morning and it seems the driver did not stop [evil]
they live out at forss just before the tree's at the forss house hotel, it sounds like it was possibly during the dounraey traffic but i am not sure, if anyone saw anything can they contact me by pm please.
little pup has broken front leg and a compound fracture of a back leg and has had pins put in with more operations to follow :(
the kids are heartbroken and so are the parents, i really hope the driver will come forward.

dragonfly
08-Feb-09, 11:44
poor thing, how callous not to stop, they must have known they had hit something. Hope someone comes forward with info Tuggs

teenybash
08-Feb-09, 13:10
Hope the driver comes forward to acknoweledge and take responsibility. Poor puppy will be very sore but, no doubt very brave while he heals and mends. Big cuddle to the pup.

changilass
08-Feb-09, 13:55
Poor pup, hope he improves quick, you would think the driver would stop just to see if the wee thing was ok.

I thought that legally if any damage was done to the car then the owners are liable and the driver would not be liable in any way as the dog should not have been out alone.

Other than shaming the driver I am not sure what else you can do even if you do get the info Tuggs, sorry.

bothyman
08-Feb-09, 14:30
http://www.nfumutual.co.uk/lifestyle/related-articles/motor/car-accident-advice.htm

According to this, whoever is in the wrong.

6th one down says you must stop and report it .

changilass
08-Feb-09, 14:36
Lets hope they find the driver and they gt done for not stopping, reporting and ensuring the pup was ok.

mulac
08-Feb-09, 18:40
The pup shouldn't of been out in the first place !

liz19
08-Feb-09, 18:43
That's very true - however doesn't excuse someone hitting a defensless animal with a CAR and leaving the scene without even stopping to check on the pup and we don't exactly know how the pup got there I would assume the owner hadn't realized it had gotten out - my pup is now 10mths old and I don't let him outside by himself even in the garden which is well protected

The pup shouldn't of been out in the first place !

mulac
08-Feb-09, 18:50
The person driving the car or van in weather like this could of quite easily had a serious crash!

Dog owners not looking after their dogs properly I think!
Poor dog tho hope it gets better and stays out of the way of moving cars !

liz19
08-Feb-09, 18:54
I completely agree mulac animals on the road can be pretty dangerous like you I hope the dog gets better soon and learns that moving cars are not to be played with

The person driving the car or van in weather like this could of quite easily had a serious crash!

Dog owners not looking after their dogs properly I think!
Poor dog tho hope it gets better and stays out of the way of moving cars !

changilass
08-Feb-09, 18:57
I think dogs not being looked after is another thread, this one is about what happened when a car hit the dog and did not stop to see how the dog was.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Let's stick to the topic at hand on this thread and start a fresh one on how to look after pets and stop them escaping.

purplelady
08-Feb-09, 23:55
I think dogs not being looked after is another thread, this one is about what happened when a car hit the dog and did not stop to see how the dog was.

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Let's stick to the topic at hand on this thread and start a fresh one on how to look after pets and stop them escaping.
well said am sure the pup just got out by accident it does happen they sneak out nomatter how careful you are x

Tugmistress
09-Feb-09, 12:28
I don't know how the pup got out and haven't even mentioned it as the people concerned are having to deal with four very upset children and the vet, i'm sorry if you think they are bad dog owners, i know they are not but i was livid at finding out the driver had not stopped.

Liz
09-Feb-09, 14:00
I am so sorry to hear about the poor puppy and really hope it makes a good recovery.

I agree that, whatever the circumstances, the driver should have stopped![evil]

carasmam
09-Feb-09, 15:04
Hope the puppy makes a good recovery.

cuddlepop
09-Feb-09, 15:25
I do hope the puppy will be alright.

Surely it wasnt asking too much of the person concerned to stop and see what they had struck.:confused

maybe its just me but we even stop and check if we hit a bird.

DM07
17-Feb-09, 04:37
I like your signature cuddlepop! Very true indeed!