PDA

View Full Version : amounts of snow

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 12:11
where still has some snow? i'm not talking a dusting, i mean enough to crunch under your feet :)
i fancy taking a drive later for some pictures but would like a direction to head in :)

DeHaviLand
07-Feb-09, 12:14
where still has some snow? i'm not talking a dusting, i mean enough to crunch under your feet :)
i fancy taking a drive later for some pictures but would like a direction to head in :)

Still plenty of snow around the Ord, and maybe 2 inches left here on the Black Isle

Mr P Cannop
07-Feb-09, 12:25
what about other parts of caithness

lyncraig
07-Feb-09, 12:26
plenty of snow here, in, and around Thrumster.

BRIE
07-Feb-09, 12:42
plenty in clyth too.

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 12:51
so it's looking like an east coast trip then :)

i might make a big circle of it, halkirk, loch more, causewaymire, lybster, up through to JOG and back across the top :) should keep me out of mischief a while lol

Liz
07-Feb-09, 13:12
Plenty around Reiss as well Tugs. :D

mrs n
07-Feb-09, 13:31
you need to come to upper speyside, we have about a foot and a half here and no sign of a snowplough so the men in our street have been out with their shovels so we have a heap about 6ft high now lol, sun is shining but more snow forecast

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 13:32
YAY YAY YAY! Its eventually snowing in Thurso! COME ON!!!!!

My OH's son keeps saying "aint it exciting that its snowing on my birthday" Then plays with his flashing birthday badge! haha!

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 13:46
And its stopping! I think im actually going to cry! :~(

I was out running around in it though! Then putting my nice cold hands on the kids backs!! [lol] Evil...i am!

Kevin Milkins
07-Feb-09, 14:07
If it's a good drive your wanting Tugs, my son phoned this morning and said they have had 21 inches of snow down with them.

Enjoy your day out and delight us with some more of your pictures.

Mother Bear
07-Feb-09, 14:31
Tugs , you've probably left by now, but still plenty at Latheron too........that will fit in with your circular drive.

dirdyweeker
07-Feb-09, 17:23
Reckon if you come through to Wick via the Causewaymire, shop at Tesco, tea at Spoons and home for a night by the fire. Plenty opportunity onroute for snowy photos and fun.:D

joxville
07-Feb-09, 17:31
A warm welcome, a wee dram and plenty of snow awaits you here.;)

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 17:51
thanks for the tips folks, i sort of lost track of time and ran out of it up westerdale, i didn't get very far! it was great fun walking round in snow over the top of my boots! will post piccies shortly :)

Sarah
07-Feb-09, 18:53
Still plenty here :) crunchy too :)

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 19:54
ive seen a couple of the pics she took, they really are nice, LOTS of snow too, she gunna put them up when she gets back from work
xxx

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 19:56
ive seen a couple of the pics she took, they really are nice, LOTS of snow too, she gunna put them up when she gets back from work
xxx

:confused Why is there no snow in thurso!! Im still tempted to pack my bags and go somewhere that there is some snow! We have wet hail out there!!

Where is my fluffy crunchy snow?!

Im envious!!! :eek:

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 20:03
i bet theres still snow when i go back to inverness tomorow its not fair :(

xx

~~Tides~~
07-Feb-09, 21:03
Enough here in Aberdeen. Yesterday afternoon it was taking over three hours to get across the city by car. Nightmare!

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 21:07
Just looked at the live cams over scotland. Helmsdale - its snowing really bad. Aviemore - snowing really bad etc etc etc...

I just want snow to build a snowman! :~(

bowline
07-Feb-09, 22:22
spittal has loads of snow its not far for you to come

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 22:25
spittal has loads of snow its not far for you to come

Wudna be fair taking the bairns oota bed!! haha! Oh and i dont drive! [lol]

Venture
07-Feb-09, 22:33
Just looked at the live cams over scotland. Helmsdale - its snowing really bad. Aviemore - snowing really bad etc etc etc...

I just want snow to build a snowman! :~(

Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Edinburgh Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45. :(

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 22:37
Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Glasgow Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45. :(

Have a look because it updates very regular

http://www.trafficscotland.org/lev/index.aspx

Alice in Blunderland
07-Feb-09, 22:58
Well I hope it stops pretty soon Shelley, I have a son going on a school ski trip to France who will be travelling overnight to Edinburgh Airport. They leave shortly at 10.45. :(

Just collected hubby from Inverness ................. it was a bit iffy around Golspie and Brora but okay for most of the drive cant say about further south. Hope he has a good holiday :D

rfr10
07-Feb-09, 23:30
Well that's the snow back on again here in Wick. It's light snow but is snowing enough and cold enough for the roads and pavements to be covered again. What's the bets the sun will come out again tomorrow and melt it. It's like a cycle. Snow-Sun-Rain-Snow-Sun-Rain.

dragonfly
07-Feb-09, 23:47
loads of snow coming up from Edinburgh today........stopped just after the Halkirk turnoff!>!>

I took a fair few out of the car window and have posted them in the photograpy section

ShelleyCowie
08-Feb-09, 14:52
I have been sledging! Im happy now! :Razz

JAWS
08-Feb-09, 20:59
There's plenty of snow in Rumster.

Kevin Milkins
08-Feb-09, 21:14
I have just been up the river for a walk with the dog to as far as Lower Gillock and its deep and crisp and even, with a nearly full moon and very cold and fresh and very invigourating:Razz

Julia
08-Feb-09, 21:16
I drove up from Inverness yesterday evening and it didn't get any milder than -2 degrees, -4 in some places.

What's the most reliable website for local weather, I went by the met office site and it didn't mention any of the conditions I encountered yesteday?

George Brims
08-Feb-09, 23:54
Not too relevant to your question Tugs, but here in Lake Arrowhead, California, we have about a foot of the white stuff. It looks like a Christmas card out my window.

sweetpea
09-Feb-09, 00:30
Not too relevant to your question Tugs, but here in Lake Arrowhead, California, we have about a foot of the white stuff. It looks like a Christmas card out my window.

In the afternoon here in Thurso it was like a Christmas card too...

ett23
09-Feb-09, 00:41
I drove up from Inverness yesterday evening and it didn't get any milder than -2 degrees, -4 in some places.

What's the most reliable website for local weather, I went by the met office site and it didn't mention any of the conditions I encountered yesteday?

There's this one: http://www.scottishweather.net/

and this is Tugmistress' website: http://www.tugmistress.co.uk/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=8

and I like this one to see what the wind is doing and if you double click on the arrows it also gives you a weather forecast: http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

I like to keep in touch with the weather!! :Razz

Julia
09-Feb-09, 01:17
Thanks for the links ett23, I'm really impressed with Tugg's weather site, there's a load of info there, right up my street that is.

Bazeye
09-Feb-09, 15:17
Snowed here for about 10 mins yesterday. Time before that was March 2006.

Ricco
09-Feb-09, 21:01

On Friday morning (early) I tried to drive to school and got a phone call when I was only 2 miles away to say that it was closed. The conditions were appalling - the worst I have ever driven in. School was open today and they still had a good covering of about 5". :eek:

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 14:32
SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW! Have been out to play and already all my footprints are covered! i am SO giddy! :Razz

Kodiak
10-Feb-09, 14:36
YUCH!!! It is snowing heavy and it is getting quite thick on the ground. This means I am stuck in the house [disgust]

Tugmistress do you know when this will stop?

I hope it is soon as I have a urgent Doctor's appointment and I might have to miss it due to the Snow.

K

anneoctober
10-Feb-09, 14:39
SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW! Have been out to play and already all my footprints are covered! i am SO giddy! :Razz
oot at shebster ye cana see e sheep in e field cross e rod ........:eek:

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 14:51
YUCH!!! It is snowing heavy and it is getting quite thick on the ground. This means I am stuck in the house [disgust]

Tugmistress do you know when this will stop?

I hope it is soon as I have a urgent Doctor's appointment and I might have to miss it due to the Snow.

K

Hi Kodiak,
we are cold enough for snow until at least friday! i was expecting quite a fall tomorrow but thought today would be like yesterday ! will send you a pm

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 14:52
oot at shebster ye cana see e sheep in e field cross e rod ........:eek:

i keep running out to the back garden playing in it! :)

I want to go sledging!!

Every time i sit down i stand up again to look at the snow! Hardly sat down for 5 mins to eat ma lunch!! :lol:

ett23
10-Feb-09, 14:54
Hooray I love the snow! It's just not very practical for getting around in the car though! And I was supposed to have a riding lesson tomorrow but it doesn't look likely now!!! :roll:

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 14:54
i must admit i have the biggest stupidest grin on my face ever! just home from lunch shift and have actually had to use 4 wheel drive to get up the lane to my house!

changilass
10-Feb-09, 14:58
If it keeps coming down, you may end up having to walk up the lane Tuggs.

anneoctober
10-Feb-09, 15:00
i keep running out to the back garden playing in it!

I want to go sledging!!

Every time i sit down i stand up again to look at the snow! Hardly sat down for 5 mins to eat ma lunch!! :lol:
daft lassie !!:lol: wish i could see you!! What's baby doing?/[lol]

ett23
10-Feb-09, 15:00
Yay! We're finally getting the snow we were supposed to last week! I was not impressed when I looked over to Orkney and saw the snow on Hoy but there was none in Thurso!! Just not right! ;)

Tugmistress
10-Feb-09, 15:03
If it keeps coming down, you may end up having to walk up the lane Tuggs.

hehe you could be right! with the compacted ice from the previous few days the lane is 'interesting' right now! it is anyway at the best of times too! wonder if my dogs would like to pretend to be sled dogs later? lmao

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:05
daft lassie !!:lol: wish i could see you!! What's baby doing?/[lol]

i am daft! I just cana sit down!!! My OH is just as bad as me tho!!

He is sitting happily in his snow suit all wrapped up with us when we went out briefly! The look resembled maggie simpson in her star suit!!! Cudna move a limb for bein wrapped up! Infact could hardly see him!!

The cat disna look too pleased with the snow!

Thumper
10-Feb-09, 15:08
Heavy here too! My dog wont go outside when its raining BUT when theres snow she refuses to come in :eek: she is outside just now and looks like a womble that has come off loser in a snowball fight [lol] x

laguna2
10-Feb-09, 15:09
i am daft! I just cana sit down!!! My OH is just as bad as me tho!!

He is sitting happily in his snow suit all wrapped up with us when we went out briefly! The look resembled maggie simpson in her star suit!!! Cudna move a limb for bein wrapped up! Infact could hardly see him!!

The cat disna look too pleased with the snow!

OK so your OH is all wrapped up in his snow suit unable to move or be seen ... but what anneoctober asked was "what's the baby doing?" :lol:

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 15:10
OK so your OH is all wrapped up in his snow suit unable to move or be seen ... but what anneoctober asked was "what's the baby doing?" :lol:

haha he is the same! I have no time to get a jacket on me...to excited that i just keep running out the house! Lol!

Geo
10-Feb-09, 15:38
Woohoo proper snow!

Just back from Wick and the roads are iffy so be careful if you have to drive.

candyfloss
10-Feb-09, 15:51
It's so pretty out there :cool:
Me thinks there could be no school tomorrow :)

Kodiak
10-Feb-09, 16:04
It is getting real heavy now is the Snow, here is a Pic from my front door :-

http://i42.tinypic.com/5cya7b.jpg

K

ShelleyCowie
10-Feb-09, 16:05
it is the same at my house! :eek:

Snow day for kids tomorrow probably!

Anne x
10-Feb-09, 16:43
I am so pleased all you orgers got your snow I was beginning to think it was just me with all the snow we have had since last Wed now the forecast is for more snow tomorrow grrr
we have not seen a gritter or pavement sander in our street so I have not been out since last Tuesday still they are keeping the main roads clear last night the temp was -8 All the compacted snow is in piles of 2 -3ft ft dotted around from people clearing there drives etc
still the Refuse men made it yesterday thank goodness as we have fortnightly pick up so well done to them

Enjoy Stay Safe and Warm and get the Soup on !!

neepnipper
12-Feb-09, 09:24
ERRR! Snow coming down like a good 'un again, Tugs, are we going to get 10cm today, that's what they said on the weather this morning?:(

marlyn
12-Feb-09, 09:29
please no! was delighted yesterday, kids had a ball, but now I want to go to Nairn!! and I am not driving in this, it is snowing there too!! should have gone at 10pm last night - the live eye camera was showing a black road then. aarrgggghhh

Dadie
12-Feb-09, 10:16
Hope my Mum doesnt get stuck in the snow again!
She had to spend the night at my sisters on tuesday night....it might be my turn if she gets stuck again!

Tugmistress
12-Feb-09, 10:45
today should be the last day of the snow, air is warming up from the west. i must admit i haven't looked at how much we'll get, though i don't expect as much as tuesday. certainly only light flurries here at the moment, but as the warmer air creeps in the snow could give 'one last stand' and surprise us all!
all i can see from my window is grey - i would expect a little more yet!

golach
12-Feb-09, 10:58
Its snowing here in Auld Reekie, how did it escape from Caithness Tugs? [lol]

Anne x
12-Feb-09, 11:01
And here thats 8 days now you can have it if you really want it !!:lol:
Bored with it now .Please Rain

Tugmistress
12-Feb-09, 11:06
And here thats 8 days now you can have it if you really want it !!:lol:
Bored with it now .Please Rain

be careful what you wish for anne ;) when it comes the melt will be fast and if it rains too if you're in a possible flood area be prepared !

Anne x
12-Feb-09, 11:09
be careful what you wish for anne ;) when it comes the melt will be fast and if it rains too if you're in a possible flood area be prepared !

Thanks Tuggs yes thats what OH said last night just been such a long spell and all the snow is piled everywhere in 2ft heaps very risky going out