PDA

View Full Version : the org,whats your view?

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 01:41
well folks i have been a member of the org for one whole month now but it seems longer somehow.i was slow to get into it in the beginning but i soon loosened up.also seen some very good debates on here and a few differences of opinions.many times i have had to go off and cool down rather than get into heated debates!but i come back and all is well.many things on here have made me laugh my socks off and some threads i have gone back over just for that extra giggle.i am also of the opinion that people are entitled to their views no matter how different it is to mine,its theirs and i accept that.i have made a few friends along the way that have given me someone to talk to in the small hours of the morning when i cant get my brain to switch off.over all i think the org is good,so good that i have never bought a newspaper in weeks cause all the latest news is on here. just wondered what others think,has it been good for them and have they had a laugh as well out of it:)

joxville
07-Feb-09, 01:47
Whenever the Org is discussed the thread is most often removed so I expect same with this one.

Let battle commence.

Dadie
07-Feb-09, 01:49
i flirt with the org...
run hot or cold...
either love it or hate it!
depending on my mood...
im a woman..... therefore im unpredictable..
sometimes I like having an opinion given to me:roll: othertimes I dont:lol:

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 01:54
Whenever the Org is discussed the thread is most often removed so I expect same with this one.

Let battle commence.

oh i never knew that:(

sids
07-Feb-09, 01:54
very tame compared to other forums.

crayola
07-Feb-09, 01:55
It's dire most of the time but it gets better after a few drams. :lol:

wifie
07-Feb-09, 01:59
It's dire most of the time but it gets better after a few drams. :lol:

[lol] That explains a lot of things then!

changilass
07-Feb-09, 02:01
I don't understand why the ones that think its dire or any other negative description keep coming back, there is a big world wide web out there, surely there must be something you could find that you like.

If I didn't like the org I would just not come back. Maybe that is too simple a concept.

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:04
I don't understand why the ones that think its dire or any other negative description keep coming back, there is a big world wide web out there, surely there must be something you could find that you like.

If I didn't like the org I would just not come back. Maybe that is too simple a concept.

agree with you changilass,dont like it dont come on![lol]

wifie
07-Feb-09, 02:04

LOL could be changi! [lol]

crayola
07-Feb-09, 02:16

Come on CL, you must surely agree that most of the threads and most of the posts on here are truly dire. Why else would you and jox and wifie and I spend our time attempting to brighten up the lives of others with our razor sharp repartee? We are the heroes of the Org, not the villains, you should be encouraging us, not berating us.

agree with you changilass,dont like it dont come on![lol]
I don't like it, I love it. :D

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:18
i think it helps if you have a thick skin![lol]

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:19
i think it helps if you have a thick skin![lol]

Or just thick. [lol]

wifie
07-Feb-09, 02:20
Or just thick. [lol]

Speak for yersel! :Razz

crayola
07-Feb-09, 02:25
Speak for yersel! :RazzI think Jox was being generous, he was thinking of others before himself. :lol:

wifie
07-Feb-09, 02:26
I think Jox was being generous, he was thinking of others before himself. :lol:

[lol] Jox - generous!

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:29
its much more entertaining than the box:D

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:30
[lol] Jox - generous!

Yes-remember the coffee?

wifie
07-Feb-09, 02:34
Yes-remember the coffee?

But I never got a scone - now that would have been generous! ;)

crayola
07-Feb-09, 02:36
Oops, I think three's a crowd. I seem to have stumbled across a lovers' tiff. :eek:

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:37
But I never got a scone - now that would have been generous! ;)
Will ye stop whingin' aboot the scone-ye hud yer chance wummin, ye wur in the same queue as me, a' canny help it if ye said naw insteed o' aye.

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:39
"scone"me thinks this is a coded message for something else....[lol]

crayola
07-Feb-09, 02:46
You're right, how did I not see that? They're talking black forest cherry cake and none of us realised. No wonder the Mods delete threads like this one. :eek:

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:47
We met in Dobbies in Perth, went for a coffee, I said have a scone, she refused, end of. Well, I thought it was the end of but she'll no let me forget it. No code involved.:D

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:49
It was just an innocent meeting over a cup of coffee. Not at the picking curtains stage.:D

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:53
aye i know,just having a wee laugh,like i said earlier theres nowt on the box ,so i thought pull yer legs a bit!hee hee:lol:

changilass
07-Feb-09, 02:55
Jox, you know you should never let the truth get in the way of a good bit of gossip.

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 02:57
aye and it was hotting up but jox pulled the curtains on it[lol]

joxville
07-Feb-09, 02:59
Moi? Stop the gossip? I'm as bad for it as the next person. [lol]

joxville
07-Feb-09, 03:02
I think the Org is truly wonderful, the best thing since the last best thing. Full of wonderfully diverse characters and opinions. A place full of love and caring-what would we do without it? Good place to get to know like-minded people and meet up over a friendly cuppa. [lol]

PS Just dinna mention blooming scones. ;)

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 03:09
PS Just dinna mention blooming scones. ;)

aye right,black forest gateau from now on then;)

Fran
07-Feb-09, 03:28
Well done Butterfly.....you have only been on here for a month but you have done 247 posts already. thats more than some have done in a whole year. Glad you like it.

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 03:30
Well done Butterfly.....you have only been on here for a month but you have done 247 posts already. thats more than some have done in a whole year. Glad you like it.

me thinks i talk too much![lol]

Fran
07-Feb-09, 03:36
Just noticed, i have done exactly 2,000 more than you but you will catch up in a week or two!!!!

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 03:44
Just noticed, i have done exactly 2,000 more than you but you will catch up in a week or two!!!!

i have a feeling you could be right!:lol:

crayola
07-Feb-09, 03:50
We met in Dobbies in Perth, went for a coffee, I said have a scone, she refused, end of. Well, I thought it was the end of but she'll no let me forget it. No code involved.:DYou can't fool me, I know what goes on in cakes in Dobbies in Perth. Both my marriages ended there. To this day I blame the blackforest cherry cake.

trix
07-Feb-09, 04:19
i choost luv 'e org...its ma hom' page....:D

i love all ye's guys, i luv getin guid rep, i luv getin pms. i love skivin fie ma essay writtin.....i love them that are arena here by repremand...an i love them that arna here cos they ae so damn stubborn.
i even love 'e ones i hate :lol:

can ye feel 'e love - can ye??

i hev gone intil 'e flash chat, howpin til catch up wi some dude...but when i go in, he runs oot!! i choost want til speak til him...but he hates me :(

i choost want til be his friend - olive branch.....!!!!

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 04:34
i choost luv 'e org...its ma hom' page....:D

i love all ye's guys, i luv getin guid rep, i luv getin pms. i love skivin fie ma essay writtin.....i love them that are arena here by repremand...an i love them that arna here cos they ae so damn stubborn.
i even love 'e ones i hate :lol:

can ye feel 'e love - can ye??

i hev gone intil 'e flash chat, howpin til catch up wi some dude...but when i go in, he runs oot!! i choost want til speak til him...but he hates me :(

i choost want til be his friend - olive branch.....!!!!
whole lotta luvin goin on here then!

Angela
07-Feb-09, 10:25

Well changi, I'd say that for some time now I've had a love-hate relationship with the Org; when I most hate it, it still seems to exert an odd fascination that I've got pretty much addicted to. :eek:

Recently I've got to feeling am "Am I bovvered?" tho', and looking in less and less often. I think my Orging days are probably numbered, but you never know...

In fact I've just thought of a query I want to post to the pets corner.:lol:

Never say never where the Org is concerned! ;)

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 10:41
I luv the org! My OH says i luv it more than him! :lol:

Spend most of my days on here! Helps me escape the housework which i do on the passing when i go to make a cup o coffee....no scone tho! ;)

The people here are so nice, have gotten to know some of u and look forward to getting to know the rest of you! And its funny sometimes to see some of the debates...especially if someone drops a bit of water on Gizmo...watch out! [lol]

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 12:14
I enjoy the Org,there are times when it gets a bit too much but then I just dont sign in.I always say that everybody has a right to their opinion and sometimes people forget that and it gets "heated" but all in all its a good site.When I need a laugh I read the thread with funny or amusing titles,when I am feeling more serious I read other threads,and if I dont like what I am reading I simply go on to another thread.
I have made some very good friends on the Org,people who I wouldnt be without now(you know who you are) so all in all I find the Org a good place,even if we do get numptys signing up from time to time [lol] x

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 12:18
addictive ! :lol:

Mr P Cannop
07-Feb-09, 12:24
addictive ! :lol:

aye i agree

crayola
07-Feb-09, 14:58
It's 2pm and there's no sign of wifie or joxville yet today. They must be having their cake and eating it.

Should I order a new hat?

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 15:03
It's 2pm and there's no sign of wifie or joxville yet today. They must be having their cake and eating it.

Im sure they are not far away....i want my cake and to eat it too!! But its not time yet! :(

crayola
07-Feb-09, 15:35
This is what jox ordered for wifie's breakfast.

http://www.blackforestcuisine.com/gallery/data/media/1/BLACK_FOREST_CAKE.jpg

No wonder they haven't been seen yet.

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 16:20

Well there's no point in having cake if you're NOT going to eat it, to not eat it is a violation of international cake laws, so you either eat that cake...or pass it over here ;)

joxville
07-Feb-09, 17:42

I was working today, dunno wifie's excuse. ;)

hotrod4
07-Feb-09, 18:22
I was working today, dunno wifie's excuse. ;)
Maybe he was working on Wifie!! That is working on getting out of buying more cakes|!!![lol]

hotrod4
07-Feb-09, 18:26
so all in all I find the Org a good place,even if we do get numptys signing up from time to time [lol] x
Its the numptys that make it fun for me!!!!!
You cant beat a good bit of Numptie bashing!![lol]

Sarah
07-Feb-09, 18:54
It's cool here so far, I like ti :) needs more pet people though!

Average
07-Feb-09, 19:32
would be better if there were less caithnesians. ;)

Kevin Milkins
07-Feb-09, 21:06
Hi Butterfly

The Org is what ever you would like it to be for you, and there is much of it I have not discovered yet.

I only joined to put somthing up for sale and had a bit of a look around and liked it.

I have never been on any other forum so I cannot compare it, but the banter and good will displayed on here is warming.

People seem to come and go and some drop out for a while and then pop up again so I suppose it is somthing that you can get fed up with.

I like to keep up with whats going on and my policy up to now is interact with people you like and give people you don't like a wide berth

The flashchat is good but if there is more than 2 people in there I get confused so I have to beat a hasty retreat.lol

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 21:16
[quote=Kevin Milkins;498660]
I like to keep up with whats going on and my policy up to now is interact with people you like and give people you don't like a wide berth

good advice for new members

catran
08-Feb-09, 21:53
Well who are the NUMPTIES would be so interesting cause to my mind there is a lot of whatever on the org. Not what it used to be and that is for sure.

trix
09-Feb-09, 00:54
Well who are the NUMPTIES would be so interesting cause to my mind there is a lot of whatever on the org. Not what it used to be and that is for sure.

ats an awful strong opinion catran.....

i wid tend til disagree wi ye...iv never bin happier on 'e org...:Razz

aye, ye do get a few numpties now an again....but nothin we cana handle.

.....am no a numpty (incase ye think i am) :Razz