PDA

View Full Version : Bemner/Bremner/Hallaran

Susanbremner
06-Feb-09, 23:43
Hello - new to the forum and married into the Bremner family which stems from Wick. My husband is writing a book about the family. Here is some background about the branch of Bremner that interests me:

James (1) Bemner registered his son also named James (2) in Wick Parish Church 1742. At the time his wife’s name was not recorded. I think is was Janet Bremner (same surname) who a James Bremner married on 12 March 1738. I would like to trace back further but it is impossible as I have no gravestone to reference the data.
When the baby James (2) he also married a Janet and grew up to became a soldier and his life is well referenced in the book by John Mowat about one of his son’s call James who was the famous wreck raiser.
James (3 Wreck raiser’s) son: David Bremner married Sarah Hallaran. David ran a fish-curing business and lived in Bexley Terrace in Pulteneytown Wick in 1851.
Any information about the early years would be of interest. I have a very comprehensive history of the family from James (3) the Engineer to present day.
But nothing about James(1) and Janet Bremner

Thanks for taking the time to read this - if you need any info please get in touch.

Sue

marionq
20-Apr-09, 19:56
Without any doubt the best source of information on Bremners is to use www.brebner.com which is run on behalf of all the variations on the name Bremner by John Brebner. If you can't get what you want on the site then email John and give him what you have and see if he can help. He is excellent.

Regards Marion (great grandmother Elizabeth Bremner of Sarclet).