PDA

View Full Version : Whats your biggest....

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 22:02
Gotcha with the title eh! So whilst your here...list your 3 top achievements of your life! :D

1. Starting my own family
2. Everything i own
3. Happiness!

Those are mines!

I have told the OH the 3rd one would be marridge...if he would hurry up and get on that knee of his! [lol]

Ash
06-Feb-09, 22:04
Gotcha with the title eh! So whilst your here...list your 3 top achievements of your life! :D

1. Starting my own family
2. Everything i own
3. Happiness!

Those are mines!

I have told the OH the 3rd one would be marridge...if he would hurry up and get on that knee of his! [lol]

mines are the exact same as yours
having my wee girl is my biggest acheivment, being a young mother and showing all those people who looked down their noses at me that just because i was younger than most mums that i could still do a great job, i know i have and my wee girl will be 5 on sunday! :D

Dadie
06-Feb-09, 22:07
In order of gaining the achievement
1.My first decent job
2. Owning my own home
3. My family
in importance the order would be 3, 2 then 1 though!

Invisible
06-Feb-09, 22:10
In no particular order

getting a full time job

passing my driving test

music festival success

sweetpea
06-Feb-09, 23:26
I like the way you put that thread. I find it hard to narrow down to top 3 but if I had to just say 3 then it would be.

1. Coming from nothing and having nothing to everything.
2. Always doing my best no matter what.
3. Looking after the people I care about.

mums angels
06-Feb-09, 23:43
1. having our four kids ( first one at 16 also proved everyone wrong just because you are young doesnt mean you will end up a single parent on benifits )
2. owning our own home and no debts
3. having a happy marriage ( think fact he works away helps that one :lol:)

*Martin*
07-Feb-09, 00:13
Never getting caught
Never getting jailed for what I never got caught at
Never dropping the soap, because I never got jailed for what I never got caught at

OR if you want the boring ones

Having my family
Learning to walk again after being stuck in a wheel chair for months
The countless ways I manage to embarrass the Mrs just by being me :D

purplelady
07-Feb-09, 00:27
my three kids x

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 00:34
I found it a bit hard to find achievements that i am really proud of! There is lots in my life im glad i have done. But my top 3 actual achievements were hard! Starting my family was the top! That was easy to think of.

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 00:51
My greatest achievement has got to be making it to 37 :eek:

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 00:54

I really hope i never have to ask someone to marry me again, i have to get down on my knees i don't actually think i'd be able to get back up :lol: worn out old sod that i am :lol:

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 00:55
My greatest achievement has got to be making it to 37 :eek:
I thought of that one too. Identifiction:)

squidge
07-Feb-09, 02:12
Surviving the breakdown of my first marriage and still managing to bring up three wonderful well adjusted and polite boys ( to be fair this would be on m ex husbands list too - its a joint achievement!!!!!!!!!)

Forgiving and Letting go of the bitterness and and finding the biggest surprise of my life - a new husband, happiness and more babies!!!!

Keeping true to my sense of fairness and fair play even when the going got tough and people were determined to be unfair to me

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 02:35
Surviving the breakdown of my first marriage and still managing to bring up three wonderful well adjusted and polite boys ( to be fair this would be on m ex husbands list too - its a joint achievement!!!!!!!!!)

Forgiving and Letting go of the bitterness and and finding the biggest surprise of my life - a new husband, happiness and more babies!!!!

Keeping true to my sense of fairness and fair play even when the going got tough and people were determined to be unfair to me

Hey Jeremy Kyle would be proud of you lol:)

squidge
07-Feb-09, 02:39
Oh god sweetpea its such a TERRIBLE programme!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm cringing just thinking about it - if i go to bed now and dream about jeremy kyle show ill be coming for you tomorrow [disgust]

PS i couldnt be on it though - i still have my own teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 02:42
ha ha I know what you mean:roll:

rockchick
07-Feb-09, 09:13
First is finding the balance within myself that has allowed me to live life happily.
Second is having my family,
Third is achieving my degree.

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 10:15
I really hope i never have to ask someone to marry me again, i have to get down on my knees i don't actually think i'd be able to get back up :lol: worn out old sod that i am :lol:

Thats my OH's excuse...his back will give out! :roll: huh....men! Keep reminding him my 21st bday is this year and i want something special! Lol!

Dont know how he thinks his back will give out! He is 27!

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 10:48
Thats my OH's excuse...his back will give out! :roll: huh....men! Keep reminding him my 21st bday is this year and i want something special! Lol!

Dont know how he thinks his back will give out! He is 27!

Older guys are afraid of marrying young lassies lek yersel, cos' lets be honest now, yer all joost a wee bit mental :lol:

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 10:50
Older guys are afraid of marrying young lassies lek yersel, cos' lets be honest now, yer all joost a wee bit mental :lol:

Yeah but he is as mental as i am! We are both just weird!! Completely weird! And complete geeks! :Razz

And would i not be boring if i was not my mental self? Surely you would hate me to be a plain jane cos then u cana gi me as much cheek....and u wud get none back Giz....u wud miss the Shelley you have here! ;)

tracy ann
07-Feb-09, 11:00
Hi

My top 3 achievements are:

My 3 beautifull kids - Dylan, Charli & Kyran
My happy marriage
My very successfull time as a dance teacher - teaching kids to the ability so they won European Champs, British Champs etc - should be noted that this was a team effort as if the kids didn't want to work hard this would not have happened!:D

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 11:02
Yeah but he is as mental as i am! We are both just weird!! Completely weird! And complete geeks! :Razz

And would i not be boring if i was not my mental self? Surely you would hate me to be a plain jane cos then u cana gi me as much cheek....and u wud get none back Giz....u wud miss the Shelley you have here! ;)

Aye min, hid wid be awfil borin if ye wur normul, i'm well used til mental weemin though, ma missus is ever so slightly highly strung and unhinged, hids all doon til e touch o red in her hair....feisty and irrational...but i lek a challenge :lol:

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 11:08
My three would be-
Having my three kids who have grown up to be healthy and happy even though we went through some miserable times
Becoming "myself" again after my marriage breakdown,seemingly I wasnt that nice a person when I was married :eek:
Doing my marine medic course and doing voluntary work out at the seal hospital,nothing better than watching the seal going back in the water healthy and happy and back where they belong! x

Rheghead
07-Feb-09, 11:34
Mine are...

1. Averting nuclear meltdown in Caithness.
2. Getting away with a murder.
3. Being a father.

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 11:56
Aye min, hid wid be awfil borin if ye wur normul, i'm well used til mental weemin though, ma missus is ever so slightly highly strung and unhinged, hids all doon til e touch o red in her hair....feisty and irrational...but i lek a challenge :lol:

It wud be very boring wudn't it! ;) I would hate to repeat the words my OH thinks i am! None o them nasty but might get ma wrists slapped! :lol:

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 12:20
keeping myself going when i feel like giving up :confused
my kids :D
my weather and website (self taught so pleased i can get it right sometimes) :lol:

BRIE
07-Feb-09, 13:05
My achievements are...
1. My 5 wonderful children & how well they've all turned out.
2. Going from a homeless hostel with 3 children(after my marriage break up) to owning my own home with no debts.
3. Never letting anything get the better of me!

Gizmo
07-Feb-09, 13:39
If i have learned ONE thing from my time on the Org it's that all the women who post here have an awful lot of bairns :lol:

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 13:43
If i have learned ONE thing from my time on the Org it's that all the women who post here have an awful lot of bairns :lol:

I'v only got the one.....so far! My OH was just sayin he cana believe his middle aged son is 5 today...so i said wait til the youngest is 5...then when we have our other child....slipped that in there! [lol]

alanabain
07-Feb-09, 14:10
3 biggest acheivments are:

1. My kids > one is still on the way but it is still an acheivment.
2. Being with my boyfriend ( he makes me smile )
3. Looking after the above keeping them happy and healthy

there is of course alot more, but they all helped to gain the above.

mccaugm
07-Feb-09, 14:16
Meeting and marrying my second husband (first marriage a disaster)
Having my 3 wonderful children..18, 15, & 4
Having the courage to go for my degree (still doing it)

mrs and mr brown
07-Feb-09, 14:35
well mines would be!!

# my daughter, {thank god for her everyday}
#finding the right man and gettin married
# my house,and everything we have,
everything that we have we have worked very hard for.

i have lots more but thats the main three.

p.s also being able to surf, and surfing thurso east!!

joxville
07-Feb-09, 17:52
Holding on to my handsome good looks into middle age without the help of creams or surgery. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
11-Feb-09, 00:58
My son's achievement today....he ate up all his rice for the first time! :Razz

Julia
11-Feb-09, 01:27
mines are the exact same as yours
having my wee girl is my biggest acheivment, being a young mother and showing all those people who looked down their noses at me that just because i was younger than most mums that i could still do a great job, i know i have and my wee girl will be 5 on sunday! :D

I can't believe your wee girl is going to be 5 already, seems just yesterday she was a wee baby...

Never getting caught
Never getting jailed for what I never got caught at
Never dropping the soap, because I never got jailed for what I never got caught at

OR if you want the boring ones

Having my family
Learning to walk again after being stuck in a wheel chair for months
The countless ways I manage to embarrass the Mrs just by being me

Very funny Martin but seriously well done you learning to walk again, you have my admiration! As for embarrassing others in public, well that's my favourite pastime too.[lol]

Mine are...

1. Averting nuclear meltdown in Caithness.
2. Getting away with a murder.
3. Being a father.

No. 2 hmmmm.... I won't ask cos if you tell me you may have to kill me too

Julia
11-Feb-09, 01:30
My top 3 achievements would be...

Surviving to my 30's even after giving up
Having my beautiful daughter who changed my life completely
Having my wonderful son who has made my life complete

Kevin Milkins
11-Feb-09, 01:45
My 3 great acheivments

1 Being picked to play rugby for Wales and scoring the winning try against England

2 Having 3 sons that have all played rugby for Wales and have also scored the winning try against England as well.

3 Getting my alarm clock fixed so I don't spend so much time dreaming.;)

Kevin Milkins
11-Feb-09, 01:47
My top 3 achievements would be...

Surviving to my 30's even after giving up
Having my beautiful daughter who changed my life completely
Having my wonderful son who has made my life complete

Good for you Julia.

Metalattakk
11-Feb-09, 01:53
I humbly list my various greatest achievements over recent years. More than three though. I'm sorry, I've been busy...

1. Jacked in the rat-race and have recently turned professional in the highly-competitive world of pub sports.

2. Runner-up in the Belgian National Pinball Championships 2005. Came second to a deaf, dumb and blind kid.

3. Winner, Wales and West Trivial Pursuit Tournament, Aberystwyth 2006 - shown LIVE on S4C!

4. Hoping to represent Northern Ireland at Competitive Team Dominoes in the forthcoming World Championships in Beijing, qualifying through the 'Granny' rule.

5. Just secured a sponsorship deal with a well-known brand of dog food - got a life-time's supply!

6. Married to my skittles doubles partner - she really "bowled" me over!

Free any time for drinks except Tuesdays (my Al-Anon night - great people who party HARD!)

hotrod4
11-Feb-09, 14:07
My top 3 would be:
1 Meeting the missus
2.Having kids
3.getting a commendation from british transport police for saving lives.(Boring but true)

wee sparkle
11-Feb-09, 17:45
My top 3 would be:

1. Keeping a happy, healthy relationship with all my family, even though im a teenager!:lol:
2. Sticking in at school, and because of that successfully sercuring a place at University, doing the course i want to do :D
3. Meeting my boyfriend, who doubles as my best friend, and managing to keep our 3 & 1/2 year relationship as good as it can be :Razz