PDA

View Full Version : Peace soon shattered

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 21:54
get ready to be 'neeped' lol she's on her way home for the weekend after her first week on this 'army preparation course' down in inverness, i am hoping she'll be shattered and sleep all weekend but i think she'll find the energy to come visit the org! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 22:17
My OH told me that when i was pregnant we would never ever ever have peace again...he was right! But to be honest i absolutely love my chaotic life! When his other 2 kids come to stay it gets even more mad! Its just grand! :D

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 00:27
ah thats good cause theres no place like home!:lol:

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 00:33
get ready to be 'neeped' lol she's on her way home for the weekend after her first week on this 'army preparation course' down in inverness, i am hoping she'll be shattered and sleep all weekend but i think she'll find the energy to come visit the org! :lol:

I was just wondering how she was getting on:)

Venture
07-Feb-09, 00:39

Ah tell the truth Tugs, you really missed having her around and can't wait to see her.;)

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 00:44
I'm home :D

Ofcourse she didnt miss me, she's has peace and quiet, got to watch what she wants on the TV

only thing shes missed is me making the coffee and the dinners :)

agreed i am shatterd and completely sore from all the miles i been running and all the circuit training but its been throughly enjoyable and its only been a week :)

im glad to be home, but i cant wait to get back down there.

kazzii xxx

highlander
07-Feb-09, 00:47
Well done YFN, real proud of you lassie, lets hear about your week, wont be long now till your passing out parade. lol

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 00:53
No gain without pain eh. Glad your having a good time.

By the way good resons to join the Army.

Free medical and dental treatment.
World Travel and cheap holidays.
Free Pension - retire young!
Adventure training. If your into a sport or anything competative you can join an army team - football, skiing, bobsleigh, running or whatever...
Cheap housing and rent etc. Esp if your young and single. I believe you get a room with a double bed, built in wordrobes and free internet connection and pay as you eat meals in the canteen. Possible to eat 3 square meal for £3 a day!!
Over 40 different careers from chefing to mechanics to languages..

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:03
Well monday was full of paperwork and stuff.

tuesday we did some adst tests, basically to test our fitness in the gym. and got measured for our kits and did numeracy in the college in the afternoon.

wednesday we ran our mile and a half so we could see how much we need to improve our time we also ran and extra mile ontop after.

thursday we were suposed to do a 3 mile run but that was cancelled due to people not gettin in due to the snow and also no kit being brought in. so we did more paper work.

today we did circuit training all morning and comunications in the afternoon.

but starting monday it gets harder!

Monday - IT in morning - wich i get out of as i have already passed the level requierd
then some sort of PT in the afternoon.

Tuesday - Fitness suite then sports after break then afternoon we got numeracy

Wednesday - this week we going to cameron barracks to do asault course

thursday - running

Friday - circuit training in the morning then comunications in afternoon, wich again i may get out of due to the level of english i already have :D

so pritty busy week next week

xxx

butterfly
07-Feb-09, 01:07
3 mile run,i canna do a 3minute run.you must be fit!

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 01:08

tuesday we did some adst tests, basically to test our fitness in the gym. and got measured for our kits and did numeracy in the college in the afternoon.

wednesday we ran our mile and a half so we could see how much we need to improve our time we also ran and extra mile ontop after.

thursday we were suposed to do a 3 mile run but that was cancelled due to people not gettin in due to the snow and also no kit being brought in. so we did more paper work.

Monday - IT in morning - wich i get out of as i have already passed the level requierd

thursday - running

Friday - circuit training in the morning then comunications in afternoon, wich again i may get out of due to the level of english i already have :D

xxx

I'm jealous.:(

Sound slike a good time to me.

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:08
No gain without pain eh.

definatley not! its well worth it thought has to be said :D

xx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 01:09
definatley not! its well worth it thought has to be said :D

xx

How many of you are doing the course?

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:13
it is good, and the banter makes it the best, everyone fully enjoys doing it because we all have a laugh and sgt and sir wont expect us to do anything that they wouldnt do so thy get involved, take today with circuit training, we were in teams and we have to do certain tthings at each bench and the first team to finish won, and sgt was in one of the teams to make up numbers and he aint exactly a small guy, well he tried to cheat and sir sent him back to do it all again, it was pritty funny watching a large sgt skipping through a hula hoop

there is 25 on this course, age ranges from 16 to 24 the age limit on the course is 16-28, not all of us want to join army, there are people in who want to join RAF and Navy too

xxx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 01:15
it is good, and the banter makes it the best, everyone fully enjoys doing it because we all have a laugh and sgt and sir wont expect us to do anything that they wouldnt do so thy get involved, take today with circuit training, we were in teams and we have to do certain tthings at each bench and the first team to finish won, and sgt was in one of the teams to make up numbers and he aint exactly a small guy, well he tried to cheat and sir sent him back to do it all again, it was pritty funny watching a large sgt skipping through a hula hoop

xxx

Sounds ace! Everyone get's a chance eh;) A real sense of doing something worthwhile. Keep me up to date with it lol

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:24
It really is, im so glad i made the desicion to do it, i have even booked myself onto a 7 week army summer camp that starts a day after this course finishes, wich is more fitness and adventure training, i cant wait, and hopefully me doing all this will greater improve my chances to get in the army, we were told that if we wernt ont he course we would only have a out of 25 of us we would only have a 10% chance of getting in, now we doing this course we have a 30% chance. the summer camp will increase my chances even more :)

xxx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 01:25

thursday - running

xxx

I geuss it's the mix and variety of tasks that makes the whole thing so enjoyable???

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:28
I dunno, i guess so, it helps we all get the banter and constantly laugh and have fun too though

xx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 01:31
I dunno, i guess so, it helps we all get the banter and constantly laugh and have fun too though

xx

Fun is the most important thing. go yesel YFN;) Wish you all the best with it x

changilass
07-Feb-09, 01:34
Sounds like you are havign great fun Neep, good luck getting in at the end, you will walk it lass
Changi
xx

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 01:51
thanks guys, xxx

Dadie
07-Feb-09, 01:55
Mums really missing you...
But enjoy it while you can.....
And milk the tiredness,...
it only lasts so long before they cotton on!!!

Tugmistress
07-Feb-09, 01:59
haha i certainly cottoned on to the tiredness before she got home! at least i picked her up from the train station, it'll be good training for her when the weather is better to walk back lol

yes i'm a cruel heartless mother ;)

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 02:00
when the weather is nice and im not to tierd i wont mind walking home, i'll think 'hmmmm a measley 3 mile walk, i can do that no bother :D' just gotta wait a few weeks for that yet

xxxx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 02:03
when the weather is nice and im not to tierd i wont mind walking home, i'll think 'hmmmm a measley 3 mile walk, i can do that no bother :D' just gotta wait a few weeks for that yet

xxxx

Carrying full kit!:lol: you can do it!

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 02:20
well i can walk it anyway but i aint got the energy for it just yet lol, need to get used to all the exerise first lol
xxxx

cuddlepop
07-Feb-09, 14:29
Glad you enjoyed yourself and are still as keen to join up.

Well done you, and Tuggs I bet is as pround as punch.:D

crayola
07-Feb-09, 14:35
Hey neep, when do you get to shoot at something? :)

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 18:01
Not sure when we get to do some shooting but i can't wait, i always enjoyed shooting at cadets.

xx

davie
07-Feb-09, 18:04
Now neep its 2009 and shooting at Cadets is strictly forbidden. You can however shoot at targets, wifies on motorbikes, weather stations in the garden, and probably the enemy, although that may infringe their uman rites so be careful out there.

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 18:05
What about wifies in big vauxhall fronteras?

xx

changilass
07-Feb-09, 18:06
Not wise idea to shoot at weather station, you mum would do you a serious injury lol

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 18:07
i bet i could make the windy thing go round even faster though :)

xx

changilass
07-Feb-09, 18:11
he he Neep, will keep an eye out for any major gusts

ShelleyCowie
07-Feb-09, 20:26
I was in Army Cadets for a few years. Was part of the shooting team and was in champion team of the whole ACF at Cameron Barracks. Love shooting! :) Everything about weapons i loved!

I hated night exercises though! Night time is for sleeping not walking around! [lol]

Kevin Milkins
07-Feb-09, 21:34
I have just been on a website called talibanafghanistan.org and the word is out over there that the army is training the ultimate attack weapon called "The young fishing neep"

They are scared,very very scared.;)

Good luck with your training neep.

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 22:36
lmao kevin, im usualy a danger to myself let alone anyone else

xxx

golach
07-Feb-09, 23:06
Neep, hope they teach you how to know your way around Railway Stations, and how to get on the right trains [lol]

Mik.M.
07-Feb-09, 23:14
Well Done Neep,keep up the good work. ps when is spelling on the agenda?:lol: Mik. XX

highlander
07-Feb-09, 23:22
When our son was on his army training, we laughed when he said he was going to be doing live training exercise, when we asked how he did, he was most upset as they thought they were going to be throwing grenades, instead they were given stones to throw and shout "BOOM" when it landed. lol

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 23:24
Neep, hope they teach you how to know your way around Railway Stations, and how to get on the right trains

LOL! well i wil be learning map reading, thats the best i can get, guess i will just have to stick to learning from my mistakes and dont ask the blonde person again!!

Well Done Neep,keep up the good work. ps when is spelling on the agenda? Mik. XX

Its not :Razz

kazzii xxx

young_fishin_neep
07-Feb-09, 23:26
When our son was on his army training, we laughed when he said he was going to be doing live training exercise, when we asked how he did, he was most upset as they thought they were going to be throwing grenades, instead they were given stones to throw and shout "BOOM" when it landed. lol

Its the same on this course, well actually suposedly we going to be throwing a little toy hippo. Also down at RSC they used stones or something or equivalent size, shapes and weights

xxxx

sweetpea
07-Feb-09, 23:38
I don't think it matters if it's a stone or a cuddly toy, the principals is what they are trying to teach you and can be applied to several things..

highlander
07-Feb-09, 23:50
Totally agree sweetpea, they have to walk before they run, glad to say he enjoyed the experience so much he has been in for 12 years now