PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Dail Mail offer

TBH
06-Feb-09, 21:15
The Scottish Daily Mail are running a promotion from the 7th february:
Dam busters, ice cold in Alex, the wooden horse and many more free with the paper. Well worth picking up just for these classics alone.:D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/prmts/index.html

joxville
06-Feb-09, 22:22
Thanks for that TBH. It's not a paper I normally buy-for in depth reports I prefer the Daily Sport- but will buy it to get the movies. The Dambusters and Ice Cold in Alex are two of the best films ever made-done to a standard that Hell Drivers could only dream of. ;)

TBH
06-Feb-09, 22:30
Thanks for that TBH. It's not a paper I normally buy-for in depth reports I prefer the Daily Sport- but will buy it to get the movies. The Dambusters and Ice Cold in Alex are two of the best films ever made-done to a standard that Hell Drivers could only dream of. ;)Aye Jox, they don't make movies like these anymore and I doubt that they can ever reproduce those halcyon days.

crayola
06-Feb-09, 22:53
It's not a paper I normally buy-for in depth reports I prefer the Daily Sport- but will buy it to get the movies.Well said!

But unlike you I won't lower my standards and buy the Mail. I'll stick with my daughter's bf's Sport. I'm happy with his choice of daily paper, at least it doesn't put silly ideas in his head. :lol:

TBH
06-Feb-09, 23:02
Well said!

But unlike you I won't lower my standards and buy the Mail. I'll stick with my daughter's bf's Sport. I'm happy with his choice of daily paper, at least it doesn't put silly ideas in his head. :lol:The quality of movie you are getting far out-weighs the cost of the paper.

Tom Cornwall
08-Feb-09, 21:44
I think you may have to redeem your voucher in W H Smith....that's what you have to do doo here...

joxville
08-Feb-09, 23:03
It's okay where I live, Tesco has them in stock. Got both so far.

Fran
09-Feb-09, 03:28
I bought the Mails sister paper the sunday express today to get the "free cd inside". what a fiddle, inside was a form to fill in aND SEND AWAY FOR YTYOUR "FREE" CD along with £2.99 and your stamp on the envelope. Thats not free!!! Thats just a big fiddle to get the public to buy their paper.

percy toboggan
09-Feb-09, 20:51
Express and Mail 'sister' papers? Heaven forfend!!
Beaverbrook and Northcliffe will be spinning in their graves!

I'm glad this offer is on up there in Scotland. I got two copies on saturday to double my Dambusters ! Those bouncing bombs fascinated me as a child - my took me to the 'Forum' to see it. She loved her 'pictures' did my Mum.

I actually bought 'Ice Cold In Alex' a few weeks ago for four quid - never mind now I have two of those too. Great film----Sylvia Syms smoulders throughout and the final scene in the bar is a classic. A former next door neighbour of ours was one of a hundred or so soldiers pulling that Ambulance up the hill on the end of a stout rope!

Yesterday I was surprised to see Charlotte Gray in the 'Mail on Sunday'. Cate Blanchett - a fairly recent film with a stunning aerial shot of the Glenfinnan viaduct and steam train right at the start I recall. France also looks gorgoeus in this movie - a real patina of rustic charm about the place....great cinematography.

I wonder what it shall be tomorrow. 'The Wooden Horse' perhaps?