PDA

View Full Version : surfing in caithness

roadbowler
06-Feb-09, 13:56
hello, can anyone out there tell me if there are any big surfing competitions on this year at thurso east as there has been previous years?

Also, I have a friend from the states hopefully visiting this spring who is an avid surfer and she would be up for a session when she comes. I hear there is a surf shop in thurso... Is it still open and do they hire out boards?

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 21:35
it's on from wednesday 29th april to thursday 7th may

info from here (http://www.list.co.uk/event/165735-oneill-highland-open/)

A9RUNNER
07-Feb-09, 02:40
Come the week before the competition for decent swells!! Its bound to go off big style just before the competition then be small stuff for the comp itself LOL!!

roadbowler
07-Feb-09, 11:59
thanks for the info on the comp tugmistress.

Actually, if it works out for her to get here it will be the two weeks b4 the date of the start of the comp. Are you a surfer A9?

A9RUNNER
08-Feb-09, 00:38
Not a board surfer, I have been known to paddle a kayak in the surf.

OrangeRoughy
09-Feb-09, 16:36
Hi, I like to go for a surf session with your friend when she visits. Two Wahinis in the water. I don't have a surfboard for her, but I might have an extra one then, cause the one I want to order is currently out of stock.

I am actually looking for people to surf with in Thurso myself!

Tugmistress
09-Feb-09, 18:07
i am trying to put together a page on my site about surfing thurso east, would any surfers like to answer a few questions for me please?

roadbowler
13-Feb-09, 11:31
thanks everyone for the info.
Orangeroughy, i've sent u a pm! :-)

mrs and mr brown
13-Feb-09, 23:56
me and my husband both surf, its great, cant beat it the best sport there is, however its not really a sport its more of a lifestyle lol.

OrangeRoughy
26-Feb-09, 10:18
Anoneemus, I sent you PM ....