PDA

View Full Version : Refuse Collection Query.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-09, 09:55
We had a letter attached to our bin informing us that our bin contained Ash and soot so in future would not be emptied.

We dont have a coal fire so someones fly tipping into our bin.:confused

Any ideas on what we do about this and has it happened to you.?

poppett
06-Feb-09, 10:46
In Thurso it seems to be the practice for folk to go about the bins and put their rubbish into bins not full if theirs are overflowing, but no note on yet about stuff that shouldn`t be in it.

Short of a padlocked lid I can`t think how to stop it.

Have had the bin back when it had gone out spotless (everything in it double wrapped) and it came in with a white lining. Someone had emptied their chip fat into it whilst warm and what a mess!! If they had waited until it was hard it would have dunted out the pan into a binbag and kept the bin clean.

Do you have a separate ash collection on Skye then, Cuddlepop?

A9RUNNER
06-Feb-09, 11:13
How are you superposed to dispose of the ash from a coal fire??

alanabain
06-Feb-09, 14:07
I thought that it was just hot ashes that could not be dumped into a wheelie bin... risk of fire etc.

Thats what it says on our lid

S&LHEN
06-Feb-09, 14:15
What I do is wait till it cools down and put it in a plastic bag then into the black rubbish bag, I think the problem is seemingly the dust is harmful in large quantities for lungs same as soot and as the bin men go around alot of places thats what will be the problem.So just double bag if you can.

cuddlepop
06-Feb-09, 15:36
In Thurso it seems to be the practice for folk to go about the bins and put their rubbish into bins not full if theirs are overflowing, but no note on yet about stuff that shouldn`t be in it.

Short of a padlocked lid I can`t think how to stop it.

Have had the bin back when it had gone out spotless (everything in it double wrapped) and it came in with a white lining. Someone had emptied their chip fat into it whilst warm and what a mess!! If they had waited until it was hard it would have dunted out the pan into a binbag and kept the bin clean.

Do you have a separate ash collection on Skye then, Cuddlepop?

No, our neighbourghs just put it into their bin when it cools.There bin is also a different colour to ours so wouldnt have mistakenly put it into ours.

It remains a mystery as to how the ash got into our bin in the first place.:confused

S&LHEN
06-Feb-09, 23:00
I think in that case phone the council up and explain to them whats happend and see if they have any advice for you thats so unfair on you all because of someone else dumping behind your back grrr some people have no decency.