PDA

View Full Version : Therapy suugestions please

router
05-Feb-09, 22:32
have been looking through therapy suggestions just to help me relax.

Now someone mentioned retail therapy upon reading up on this i cant see how it can possibly help.

Shopping till they drop and more than likely occuring debt along the way.

has anyone got any sensible suggestions that they have personally tried and worked for them.

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 22:34
Retail therapy never worked for me! :roll: Well...i liked getting new things!!

Do you enjoy drawing/painting?! When i am doing my drawings i seem to just loose my mind in them(No jokes please Jox and Giz)!

But drawing is very thereputic for me!!

Kodiak
05-Feb-09, 22:36
You can buy a Self Hypnosis CD for Stress Relief, there are lots of them for sale on eBay for about a £1.00 + P&P.

router
05-Feb-09, 22:41
You can buy a Self Hypnosis CD for Stress Relief, there are lots of them for sale on eBay for about a £1.00 + P&P.

tried that and to be honest i laughed for hours so if that is classed as good therapy it worked.twittering birds and floating on a leaf dont quite cut it.
cheers anyway

Aaldtimer
05-Feb-09, 22:41
Here's smething I got by e-mail! Hope it helps.:)

Ways to Maintain A Healthy Level Of Insanity
1. At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and
point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars. See If They Slow Down.

2. Page Yourself Over The Intercom. Don't Disguise Your Voice.

3. Every Time Someone Asks You To Do Something,
Ask If They Want Fries with that.
4. Put Your Garbage Can On Your Desk And Label It 'In.'

5. Put Decaf In The Coffee Maker For 3 Weeks
Once Everyone has Gotten Over Their Caffeine Addictions, Switch to Espresso.

6. In The Memo Field Of All Your Checks, Write ' For Smuggling Diamonds'
7. Finish All Your sentences with 'In Accordance With The Prophecy.'
8. Don't use any punctuation
9. As Often As Possible, Skip Rather Than Walk.
10. Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
11. Specify That Your Drive-through Order Is 'To Go.'

12. Sing Along At The Opera.
13. Go To A Poetry Recital And Ask Why The Poems Don't Rhyme?

14. Put Mosquito Netting Around Your Work Area And
Play tropical Sounds All Day.
15. Five Days In Advance, Tell Your Friends You Can't Attend
Their Party Because You're Not In The Mood.
16. Have Your Co-workers Address You By Your Wrestling Name, Rock Bottom.

17. When The Money Comes Out The ATM, Scream 'I Won!, I Won!'

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling
'Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!'
19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner.'Due To The Economy,
We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.'
20. And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity.......
Send This E-mail To Someone To Make Them Smile.
Its Called ....... therapy

router
05-Feb-09, 22:47
Aaldtimer i think ill just have you as therapy cheered me up :lol:[lol]

rep on its way

sjr014
05-Feb-09, 23:27
Catrina Sutherlands at Occumster! A day at the Spa! Sounds swish! Or i saw an ad in the Groat last week for The Crossburn B&B had a look at their website and their hot tub looks to die for! Would b fab in ere just now wen there is snow ootside n ur all hot n cosy in e bubbles!

flash
05-Feb-09, 23:30
I've tried reki, I'm a complete sceptic when it comes to this stuff and only did it to show mrs Flash it was mumbo jumbo, as well as putting me into a deep sleep almost straight away, it helped with a couple of niggling aches and pains. I would recomend it

buddyrich
05-Feb-09, 23:51
This is not a deliberate attempt to be prurient or silly and i'll no doubt get a warning and this will be removed but sex is one of the most theraputic and relaxing activities i can think of.

teenybash
06-Feb-09, 00:01
A warm bath scented with Sandawood oil and candles to give a relaxing glow [no overhead light allowed]
Slip into the water slowly and lie still, breathing deeply the rich woody aroma and let your thoughts drift lazily through happy memories, fantasy landscapes and dreamy images.....................................enjoy.

router
06-Feb-09, 00:16
A warm bath scented with Sandawood oil and candles to give a relaxing glow [no overhead light allowed]
Slip into the water slowly and lie still, breathing deeply the rich woody aroma and let your thoughts drift lazily through happy memories, fantasy landscapes and dreamy images.....................................enjoy.

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks teenybash feel much better now, nearly relaxed whilst reading that

A9RUNNER
06-Feb-09, 00:23
Go for a brisk walk every night. I find that a bit of exercise does the world of good, especially out in the fresh air. Then a hot bath to relax afterwards. A tin of beer or a glass of wine. Just the one mind no need to get tipsy.

router
06-Feb-09, 00:25
Go for a brisk walk every night. I find that a bit of exercise does the world of good, especially out in the fresh air. Then a hot bath to relax afterwards. A tin of beer or a glass of wine. Just the one mind no need to get tipsy.

Dont drink got a bad back its snowing and ive got wheels;) but will give it a go clear skies an all

Anne x
06-Feb-09, 00:35
Buy your self the Four Seasons Cd By Vivaldi or Nigel Kennedy cycle a excercise bike at the same time or walk to it beats the H out of anything else works everytime each to there own I suppose

George Brims
06-Feb-09, 01:48
Buy your self the Four Seasons Cd By Vivaldi or Nigel Kennedy cycle a excercise bike at the same time or walk to it beats the H out of anything else works everytime each to there own I suppose
That is a great CD. I bought it mail order years ago, along with a Jimi Hendrix tribute album, the one Clapton organized. As I was looking at the sleeve notes for the Hendrix tribute I was saying to myself, wonder who this Nigel Kennedy bloke is, not making the connection. Until the song started - his version of "Fire" is really good.

Fran
06-Feb-09, 01:50
A good long full body massage will do wonders and will certai nly relax you.

George Brims
06-Feb-09, 01:58
8. Don't use any punctuation There are people on here who do that all the time

12. Sing Along At The Opera.We recently sat through a performance of "Phantom of the Opera" beside a couple consisting of a man who hummed loudly along with his favourite songs, and his 300 pound wife who fanned herself constantly through the whole thing, just in the edge of my peripheral vision.

18. When Leaving The Zoo, Start Running Towards The Parking lot, Yelling 'Run For Your Lives, They're Loose!!' When my brother and his family were at the LA zoo some years ago, he just had time to say to himself "Wonder what that gorilla's doing there" when the keepers started ushering everybody out. That was apparently the third escape (of four to date!) by the same gorilla. She doesn't hurt anybody, but she's quite calm about the whole thing so it takes hours to lure her back into her enclosure.

19. Tell Your Children Over Dinner.'Due To The Economy,
We Are Going To Have To Let One Of You Go.' When mine were wee I told them I don't have a middle name because they cost extra, and my parents were poor.

The Pepsi Challenge
06-Feb-09, 02:05
have been looking through therapy suggestions just to help me relax.

Now someone mentioned retail therapy upon reading up on this i cant see how it can possibly help.

Shopping till they drop and more than likely occuring debt along the way.

has anyone got any sensible suggestions that they have personally tried and worked for them.

See the BBC documentary below.

router
06-Feb-09, 12:59

four seasons by vivaldi,had on lp years ago till some dirty sod nicked my sounds(state of the art seperates including a dunlop systemdek) and whole album collection when i was living in bolton.
might go on to e-bay and replace it.have lost track of music i had as had a couple of hundred lp's thanks for reminding me of one of them i lost.

freckles
06-Feb-09, 13:03
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=67298

trix
06-Feb-09, 14:09
i lek til get home fie ma work, kenin that am no gin oot anyehare at nite..

then i hev a mad dash roond an tidy up..if it means takin oot 'e hoover then so be'ed. do ma dishes fie last nite...hev ma tea.

and then i put ma jamies on, lite some candles....telly is a no-no ;)

theni hit 'e sounds...bit o' blues maybe, some jazz? ;)