PDA

View Full Version : help needed with cordless phone

dragonfly
09-Feb-06, 21:20
hoping someone can help :)

I have NTL VS1003 Dect cordless phone (base station and 4 handsets). 2 of the handsets aren't working in as much as they ring when I have an incoming call but I can't answer it, when I press the call button nothing happens.

On the display screen I can see the handset No and in the top right corner is a picture of an arial like a 3 pronged capital Y with a question mark beside it (Y?)

can anyone help?? tried looking on web for manual but can only find a guy who is selling them for £5!

BRIE
09-Feb-06, 21:28
This happened to ours too & it was the batteries that needed replacing.Try using the batteries out of the working handset first incase this isnt the problem.

Bobinovich
09-Feb-06, 21:29
The Y is usually the ariel signal isn't it? If so then maybe the ? is saying it can't get a good signal. Try taking all the handsets near to the base unit and see if that makes a difference?

If that doesn't work then are all the handsets registered to the base unit?

That's all I can think of for now.

dragonfly
09-Feb-06, 21:36
Hi Brie, thought that too originally so took batteries out of second one and that is why I now have 2 phones not working?!? 4th phone never has been registered to base unit so no use trying that though I have taken the never used batteries out and put them in the one that doesn't work - no difference :cry:

Bobinovich - have tried that too, but no joy, if the phone has become deregistered would it still ring when getting an incoming call ??

moose and Lindsay
09-Feb-06, 21:40
Hi the Y sign just means that the handset is linked to the base

So coz your 1 has a ? then it can't be linked to the base

BRIE
09-Feb-06, 21:42
cant think what else it could be.Hope you get them working soon

moose and Lindsay
09-Feb-06, 21:49
Default settings

Press and hold the program button for 1 sec to enter programming mode ( it looks like a spanner)

Then press and hold the delete button (R) until u hear a beep, the handset is reset and returns to standby mode

Try that don't think it can hurt

dragonfly
09-Feb-06, 22:01
hi Lindsay, tried that but no beep! thanks anyway ;-)

moose and Lindsay
09-Feb-06, 22:03
where do u live??

I have an instruction book u can have a look at

It is for ntl VS1502 but should be the same instructions

if u r in thurso i can come with it tomorrow but if u r in wick i'll be through in wick on monday

Lindsay