PDA

View Full Version : At last

Tighsonas4
05-Feb-09, 21:48
well it seems that the cataraman is to do her maiden voyage at 8 am tomorrow to gills. thats her supposed to be taking over the run now
pentland ferries site for details regards tony

Kevin Milkins
06-Feb-09, 00:13
well it seems that the cataraman is to do her maiden voyage at 8 am tomorrow to gills. thats her supposed to be taking over the run now
pentland ferries site for details regards tony

Thanks for the updates Tigh, a friend got some good photos of her up at Gills last week and I thought I would have seen a few on here by now.

Fran
06-Feb-09, 01:54
I have to go to John O'Groats tomorrow so will take the camera and get some pictures at gills.

brokencross
06-Feb-09, 10:12
0910 6th Feb ShipAis shows arrival at Gills..whooopee

Tighsonas4
06-Feb-09, 11:52
orkney news
there was such a crowd at st margarets hope wanting to get on the first run he was unable to accomadate them all [lol] [lol] tony

brokencross
06-Feb-09, 11:59
orkney news
there was such a crowd at st margarets hope wanting to get on the first run he was unable to accomadate them all [lol] [lol] tony

I see she is already on her way back

dirdyweeker
06-Feb-09, 12:00
I have to go to John O'Groats tomorrow so will take the camera and get some pictures at gills.

Good on you Fran. Will be worth seeing.

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 12:06
Just back from a trip to gills to see the new ferry... got loads of pics, just waiting on my fingers and the camera thawing out before posting them lol
i didn't see many people come off, maybe 5 or so and only 1 car came off though i could see people at the windows as she was berthing. he had a wee bit of trouble, i was expecting him to be in when i got there but he wasn't, the first car came off at 10am.
will post piccies shortly:)

blimey, i took over 200! it'll be after my lunch shift i post them folks!

dirdyweeker
06-Feb-09, 12:47
look forward to seeing them.:D

Thaw out first.

Stroma
06-Feb-09, 14:21
See the Cat has cancelled for the rest of the day.Down to weather.Maybe more to it if it took so long to get everyone off the first sailing.

Tugmistress
06-Feb-09, 15:25
See the Cat has cancelled for the rest of the day.Down to weather.Maybe more to it if it took so long to get everyone off the first sailing.

While i was there it took 3 attempts for her to berth, just wondering if the gap between her two hulls caused a wind tunnel effect and kept her from getting in easily, and it wasn't even windy by caithness standards!

south view 7
06-Feb-09, 18:54
One of her bow thrusters was out of action and sailings for the rest of the day were canceled.

sweetpea
06-Feb-09, 23:29
I've just arranged to meet some mates in Orkney next weekend and I'm going to take this new boat, can't wait:)

Tighsonas4
07-Feb-09, 11:47
One of her bow thrusters was out of action and sailings for the rest of the day were canceled.
were getting in the know then all of a sudden. maybe you were out there with your camera and never let on lol tony

Stroma
09-Feb-09, 19:14
Hear the Claymore will be back on the run later this week.Not having much luck with the cat.

biker5
09-Feb-09, 19:24
They have to get the claymore licensed again but seemingly it dont have to go to aberdeen to do this.
Might be a little while before the pentalina is ready now.
They have to wait for parts.
typical teething troubles really.