PDA

View Full Version : One for the ladys

happy_83
05-Feb-09, 21:41
Can anyone suggest a good place in Thurso or Wick where you can get measured for a bra?

Thank you :D

Julia
05-Feb-09, 21:48
'Secrets' in Dempster street, Wick.

*Martin*
05-Feb-09, 22:04
Round my house, but I warn you now, every woman so far is this size *holds up hands*

http://www.igpp.ucsd.edu/ne/2003/04/images/green/01handsup.jpg

Julia
05-Feb-09, 22:06
Maybe it's just me but I thought that was very funny!! :lol:

happy_83
05-Feb-09, 22:20
Thanks for the offer Martin but i think i'll pass :D

DeHaviLand
05-Feb-09, 23:07
I was going to offer. Then I noticed you were 83. Sod that fer a game of soldiers:lol:

Liz
05-Feb-09, 23:09
Maybe it's just me but I thought that was very funny!! :lol:

Not just you Julia. I had a titter (pardon the pun!) as well.:lol:

Liz
05-Feb-09, 23:10
I was going to offer. Then I noticed you were 83. Sod that fer a game of soldiers:lol:

You'll be accused of being ageist!:confused

2little2late
05-Feb-09, 23:11
Not just you Julia. I had a titter (pardon the pun!) as well.:lol:

Good to see you're keeping abreast of things. :lol:

DeHaviLand
05-Feb-09, 23:12

What? I married two older woman, just not at the same time :D

sjr014
05-Feb-09, 23:24
'Secrets' in Dempster street, Wick.

Hi i went in there before xmas but they don't measure ya! She does ask you what size u normally buy and will let u try them on but no measuring sorry! Would reccomend Marks n Spencers if ur goin til b in inverness at all!

happy_83
05-Feb-09, 23:28

DeHaviland, thanks for the offer but again i'd have kindly passed :D FYI though 83 is to represent the year i was born, not my age :D

purplelady
05-Feb-09, 23:58
Sure I seen a notice saying they do in mackays in Wick x

joxville
06-Feb-09, 00:02

Yeah, you gotta be careful you don't strain your back when you bend down to her knees. [lol]

scorrie
06-Feb-09, 01:12
I know a guy who is excellent but be prepared, because he is blind ;)

scorrie
06-Feb-09, 01:15
http://www.igpp.ucsd.edu/ne/2003/04/images/green/01handsup.jpg

My word this lady reminds me of Hibs, there are two cups but they are very far apart!! ;)

binbob
06-Feb-09, 02:57

you will ,you will ,you will.....[lol]

hotrod4
06-Feb-09, 06:40
I can normally do it by sight!. i normally go "yip shes a 36B or is that a 36 let me C",;)

On a more serious note you can find measuring guides in most catologues. Why not get your Oh to measure you? That way he'll never complain again about going shopping in those "bloody womens shops" as you wont take so long!!![lol]

Or if you dont have an OH get all the girlies round and have a "Measuring party", it doesnt take much to get a group of women together for a glass of wine. You can all measure each other after a few.:D

DeHaviLand
06-Feb-09, 10:20
Or if you dont have an OH get all the girlies round and have a "Measuring party", it doesnt take much to get a group of women together for a glass of wine. You can all measure each other after a few.:D

And dont forget to post the video, so that all of us who are not invited, can see how much fun you had!;)

Hibeechick
06-Feb-09, 10:56
My word this lady reminds me of Hibs, there are two cups but they are very far apart!! ;)

Ha ha ha very good :D

anneoctober
06-Feb-09, 11:00
Tsk tsk, Dehaviland - that's out an out AGEISM !!!!! [lol]

twinkle
06-Feb-09, 11:00
I would try Mackays they def used to do it.
The woman in Secrets told my mum there is no point in meassuring as bra's are all made different just try them on and see.

Murdina Bug
06-Feb-09, 11:53
I have seen a sign in Mackay's saying they measure, but don't expect to be able to buy anything there over a D cup size. I found the same in Secret's - that she doesn't measure or check fit.

The best place I have ever been is Bravissimo. Unfortunately, the only ones in Scotland are Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow. The one I tried was in Manchester. the girl didn't actually measure me but came back with the perfect sizes to try. Usually, you will find that you need to go one size smaller in the band size then up in the cup size. If you get the chance do try them out.

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 12:09
i went to get measured in M&S in inverness but got refused because i was pregnant! :confused I had no idea what size i was at all and the woman would not even tell me a cup size to try!

Went to La Senza instead and got measured there!

sjr014
06-Feb-09, 15:36
i went to get measured in M&S in inverness but got refused because i was pregnant! :confused I had no idea what size i was at all and the woman would not even tell me a cup size to try!

Went to La Senza instead and got measured there!

Wonder why that was i got measured there twice while i was pregnant! And thought they were really helpful!

Debenhams in Inverness is another place you can get measured!

suzyq
06-Feb-09, 15:53
Check out the Rigby and Peller web site for their bra fitting advice. Read that and you know why women tend to keep buying the same make and size of bra year on year.

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 16:09
Wonder why that was i got measured there twice while i was pregnant! And thought they were really helpful!

Debenhams in Inverness is another place you can get measured!

I thought they would just have no problems measuring either! But no the woman said she could't! :confused

Beat Bug
06-Feb-09, 17:42
I use Bravissimo. You can order as many styles and sizes you want at any one time. They post them out to you, you try them on at home, then send back the ones that don't fit! Once you get the right style in the right size, you just reorder as and when you want to! Couldn't be simpler!

Thumper
06-Feb-09, 18:20
Check out the Rigby and Peller web site for their bra fitting advice. Read that and you know why women tend to keep buying the same make and size of bra year on year.
Rigby and peller bras are fantastic,expensive but so worth it if you can afford to splurge a bit x

Liz
06-Feb-09, 19:01
It is a real shame that we don't have somewhere in Caithness where you can get fitted and make sure you are wearing the correct size of bra.

Me and my sister went (or should it be my sister and I? I am never sure)to Mackays and the sizes we were given were completley wrong.

I don't have much but would like what I do have to point in the right direction!lol

rockchick
06-Feb-09, 19:57
To be honest, I'm not sure how much value there is in measuring, because sizes seem to change depending on the manufacturer. I can try on three different bras, all the same size, and maybe only one will "fit".

Just measure yourself, it's quite simple

(men, you may want to look away now)

Get a measuring tape, and measure yourself around the fullest part of your bust. This gives you the "number" part of your measurement (i.e. 36). Then, measure yourself around your ribs just below your bust, which should be smaller than the first number. The difference in the second number from the first number gives you your cup size. So, if there's one inch difference, you're an A cup, two inches, a B cup, and so on. So if your bust is 36 and your ribs are 34 inches, you're a 36-B.

In theory, anyways!

suzyq
06-Feb-09, 20:45
Once you get the right style in the right size, you just reorder as and when you want to! Couldn't be simpler!

My all time favourite bra is the 'Bioform' - the one designed by two male engineers. Once had to wear one for a straight 72 hours (travel delays) and none of the usual problems. But they don't make them anymore - AAAARGH - and I'm down to my last three! [lol]

And for any males looking in on this discussion and cracking jokes - If you think women can be bad because of their hormones -

[evil] Beware of A Woman Wearing An Uncomfortable Bra [evil]

crayola
06-Feb-09, 22:01
Rigby and peller bras are fantastic,expensive but so worth it if you can afford to splurge a bit xI second this motion. A visit to R&P in Knightsbridge is a wonderful experience, I used to be a regular customer.

Ash
06-Feb-09, 22:08
It is a real shame that we don't have somewhere in Caithness where you can get fitted and make sure you are wearing the correct size of bra.

Me and my sister went (or should it be my sister and I? I am never sure)to Mackays and the sizes we were given were completley wrong.

I don't have much but would like what I do have to point in the right direction!lol

also mackays dont really do many sizes, and if they do there not that nice but the smaller ones are always alot nicer makes me mad [evil]

parkie
06-Feb-09, 22:12
as they say at grace brother,s i,m free

Dadie
06-Feb-09, 22:17
marks and spencer measured me when i was pregnant both times and also measured me for nursing bras afterwards too so im suprised the girl couldnt do it when you were pregnant Shelly.

Bravissimo is apparantly v good as mum enthused about the shop in Aberdeen and it takes a lot for mum to rave on about things like that!

But you still have to try on the damn things anyway as the sizing varies so much brand by brand and style by style:(

ShelleyCowie
06-Feb-09, 22:25
marks and spencer measured me when i was pregnant both times and also measured me for nursing bras afterwards too so im suprised the girl couldnt do it when you were pregnant Shelly.

Bravissimo is apparantly v good as mum enthused about the shop in Aberdeen and it takes a lot for mum to rave on about things like that!

But you still have to try on the damn things anyway as the sizing varies so much brand by brand and style by style:(

It was just last year i was pregnant! About Easter time it was that i went to get measured i think!

I hate trying things on! I complain more about shopping than my partner does! Well almost haha!

Dadie
07-Feb-09, 01:38
Iona is only 8 mths old ... I went to get measured for nursing bras when I was 8 mths pregnant!!
I had the feeding pads with me though!
It may have been the problem!

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 11:04
I measured myself last night as it has been years since I catually bothered,and if I did it correctly I am actually three cup sizes bigger than what I wear :eek: might explain the "overspill" I get from time to time [lol] x

DeHaviLand
07-Feb-09, 11:59
I measured myself last night as it has been years since I catually bothered,and if I did it correctly I am actually three cup sizes bigger than what I wear might explain the "overspill" I get from time to time [lol] x

Hubba hubba [lol];)

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 12:05
Hubba hubba [lol];)

Och might have known you would have something to say about that :Dx

DeHaviLand
07-Feb-09, 12:08
Och might have known you would have something to say about that :Dx

You do realise that this image I will carrying about in my head all day, is entirely your fault?:lol:

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 12:15
Well its not the first time you have blamed me for something like that now is it?;) Go do some work,that will take your mind off it [lol] x

DeHaviLand
07-Feb-09, 12:23
Well its not the first time you have blamed me for something like that now is it?;) Go do some work,that will take your mind off it [lol] x

Work? Its Saturday! And I did all my housework yesterday! Guess I just have to keep it for now :Razz

Thumper
07-Feb-09, 12:25
Lol go and walk your dogs then,a wee cool down might just help!You can come do my housework if you want....infact i must go do it right now!x