PDA

View Full Version : Glitter

Dadie
05-Feb-09, 13:43
Lauren got her hands on this banned substance and poured a whole tube of the stuff over her sister yesterday!

How do I remove glitter from everything?

I have hoovered the carpets, washed the kids, washed Ionas seat and cleaned the bathroom but I am still seeing shiny bits everywhere....

I think I will be finding it for years:lol:

She can stick to painting from now on!

joxville
05-Feb-09, 13:46
Leave it. Don't you know glitter is the 'in thing' this season. It's true, I saw it on Trinny and Susannah and the 'And Finally' section of News At Ten.

highlander
05-Feb-09, 13:46
Get some sellotape and dab it on the bits you see, that should pick it up.

joxville
05-Feb-09, 13:49
Sellotape is soooo last year.

highlander
05-Feb-09, 13:55
LOL just trying to bring it back in fashion lol its amazing what you could do with glittery sellotape lol

Fluff
05-Feb-09, 14:02
Once you are done with the now glittery sellotape, you can stick it to the walls for a funky wallpaper.

teenybash
05-Feb-09, 14:13
Awe...she was just adding a bit of sparkle to life............:D

poppett
05-Feb-09, 14:33
Dadie,

What a wonderful memory you have just stirred up for me with the glitter story.

In Edinburgh one Christmas went to Mama Roma on Christmas eve for an Italian supper. Dressed up in the posh black frock and OH in dark suit, and for good measure had some glitter spray on my hairdo. Settled down and ordered, and as you do, was people watching as other diners were served. Folk at the table next to us remarked "what a lovely touch, glittery pizzas.. very festive". Of course it had come from my hairdo when I had whizzed my head round to watch their pizza arriving.

Don`t worry about it as it is obviously edible. Must say we never got rid of it, still found some in boxes after we moved house into storage and out of storage into flat.

Penelope Pitstop
05-Feb-09, 15:15
LOL just trying to bring it back in fashion lol its amazing what you could do with glittery sellotape lol

.....and sticky backed plastic of course ;)

Thumper
05-Feb-09, 15:18
Try using a sticky lint roller over the bits where the glitter is x

AfternoonDelight
05-Feb-09, 15:25
That reminds me of a story that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago -

It involved a can of glitter spray being mistaken for a can of body spray and being used by a lady before an intimate doctor's appointment.

It ended with the doctor saying - "my you went to a lot of trouble - you really shouldn't have bothered!" [lol]

Dadie
05-Feb-09, 15:46
Lauren and I have filled the last hour or sodabbing the carpets with sellotape.
She thinks its a good game ..... still bits though!

sassylass
05-Feb-09, 16:18
I had a similar experience once with red feathers. Every so often, I still find red downy bits! Just like poppett and the glittery pizza story, you've got to laugh. Life is very amusing :)

George Brims
05-Feb-09, 22:41
Glitter is like confetti. It never goes away completely. My mum borrowed a suitcase from my aunt to take on her honeymoon. Said auntie kept a spare key for the case and doctored it with confetti when my mum wasn't looking. The joke was on her, because bits of faded confetti used to leak out of the seams in the lining for as long as she had the case.

sjr014
05-Feb-09, 23:28
That reminds me of a story that was doing the rounds a couple of years ago -

It involved a can of glitter spray being mistaken for a can of body spray and being used by a lady before an intimate doctor's appointment.

It ended with the doctor saying - "my you went to a lot of trouble - you really shouldn't have bothered!" [lol]

Lol that has made my night that is soooo funny!

Hibeechick
06-Feb-09, 09:09
Oooh glitter.... still finding it everywhere months after christmas. We'll finally get rid of it all and we'll need to take all the glitter stock out again! lol

Lolabelle
06-Feb-09, 09:37
I bought some velvet with a beautiful pattern in glitter to make a shimmy belt for bellydancing. By the time I sewed the belt I'd had enough of the darn stuff. I was everywhere and still apearring years later. Needless to say, I never ever wore the belt, it just wasn't worth the mess. Shame really as it would have been pretty if the glitter had just stayed on the material :eek:

Dadie
06-Feb-09, 21:21
There is even glitter in Ionas nappies:eek:

How it got that far I will never know:lol: