PDA

View Full Version : Magnetic Therapy Bracelets

happy_83
05-Feb-09, 12:22
Does anyone know if there is anywhere in Thurso or Wick where you can buy those magnetic therapy bracelets?

Thanks

Venture
05-Feb-09, 12:47
They have them at Argos and I have seen them in the chemists.

joxville
05-Feb-09, 12:50
They have them at Argos and I have seen them in the chemists.

Is there an Argos in Thurso now? Would it be at the old mart? [lol]

Venture
05-Feb-09, 12:54
You're obviously bored on your day off Jox. The poster did say Wick or Thurso.

joxville
05-Feb-09, 13:35
You're obviously bored on your day off Jox. The poster did say Wick or Thurso.

I am. I know. I'm sorry. :(

twinkle
05-Feb-09, 14:10
I got one for my OH if williamson's chemist in Thurso cost i think about £3.50 they've never complained so must be good. :lol:

MadPict
05-Feb-09, 16:06
I sent away for mine to North South Magnetics - http://cnb-host2.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/magnets4health

Couldn't find the magnetic ones in shops down here for less than £25-30!
Decided to try a cheap one to see if it worked and I have to say it has made a difference...
http://cnb-host2.clickandbuild.com/cnb/shop/magnets4health?productID=192&op=catalogue-product_info-null&prodCategoryID=20

Julia
05-Feb-09, 16:59
Smith's Chemist in Macarthur Street here in Wick sell them. I bought my one off ebay, saved about £20.

router
05-Feb-09, 21:18
but.are they any good?

MadPict
05-Feb-09, 21:25
router,
I decided to give the bracelet a go after trying the magnetic patches for a painful shoulder joint.
It seems to work for me - shoulder pain is reduced vastly.

happy_83
05-Feb-09, 21:39
Thanks for all your suggestions :D

Julia
05-Feb-09, 22:05
but.are they any good?

Do never get tired or bored following my every move on here.... I've come to expect you to post right after me, kinda like a shadow I suppose :lol:

router
05-Feb-09, 22:13
[quote=MadPict;497297]router,
I decided to give the bracelet a go after trying the magnetic patches for a painful shoulder joint.
It seems to work for me - shoulder pain is reduced vastly.[/quote,

cheers for that, may give it a go.see if it can help with the pain.

George Brims
05-Feb-09, 22:24
I see the placebo effect is alive and well...

MadPict
05-Feb-09, 23:20
George,
No placebo effect here. I had tried everything from pain killers, Ibuleve gel, Deep Heat, anti-inflammatories etc to try and relieve the pain in my shoulder joint. It was a last attempt to try and reduce the pain. The little magnet patches stopped the pain/discomfort within hours.

I mentioned this to a friend who used to work in a warehouse and his job involved moving heavy cages down a slope to a loading bay. He told me he suffered ankle pain but found that putting a couple of magnets inside his boot relieved the pain.

Millions of people wear copper bangles to help with arthritis and I was sceptical about what magnets could do. I tried it and it helps. I'd rather wear a magnetic bracelet than pop endless pain killers or anti-inflammatories. Placebo maybe, but I certainly wasn't imagining the pain in my shoulder joint...