PDA

View Full Version : Sacked

ice box
09-Feb-06, 19:49
Probably some of you wont want to hear this but just heard on the news that alex mcleish has been sacked suppose we knew it was coming .

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 19:53
Not correct mate, He will leave the Rangers at the end of the season[evil] Why cant he just go now?????
Thanks for the memories Eck but WE want Paul Le Geun

TaTA
Willowbankbear

ice box
09-Feb-06, 19:58
Not correct mate, He will leave the Rangers at the end of the season[evil] Why cant he just go now?????

TaTA
Willowbankbear
Sorry willowbankbear yes sacked and finished at the end of the seasons .

teddybear1873
09-Feb-06, 20:06
Sorry willowbankbear yes sacked and finished at the end of the seasons .
When have you heard of anyone getting sacked and getting kept on with there job. Eck and Murray came to an agreement that he will leave at the end of the season.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 20:12
If he was sacked Ice Box , he wouldnt be in the dugout on sunday. Who is picking the team this week? Jimmy Bell? My poodle? Ian Durrant?
Cmey the Rangers do the tattie pickers on Sunday:p :Razz

scorrie
09-Feb-06, 22:20
If he was sacked Ice Box , he wouldnt be in the dugout on sunday. Who is picking the team this week? Jimmy Bell? My poodle? Ian Durrant?

To all intents and purposes he has been sacked. It is pretty certain that he is not willingly departing. In my opinion he should have been sacked earlier, when it was clear that the league was gone.

The only thing that kept Eck in the job was the qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League and that now represents their only chance of a trophy this year. The odds of success are 100/1 so it seems unlikely that Murray will be faced with the embarrassment of a departing manager who has just lifted the top European honour.

Some people were earlier taking some sort of comfort from the fact that Rangers are the first Scottish team to get through to the last 16. In my mind, it seems unlikely that folk will be mulling that achievement over a pint of lager in the distant future.

Mind you, there ARE worse bets than Rangers at 100/1

I was checking out the betting for the next permanent England manager and spotted an outrageously poorly priced "rag" amongst the outsiders. At a mere 150/1 there is quoted one Paul (Gazza) Gascoigne. Shunted as an alkie by Kettering Town there seems as much chance of that happening as there is of Abu Hamza being England's next Goalie. Imagine Motty, "Fantastic save by Hamza, err, new ball please"

jambo
09-Feb-06, 22:21
why not get d murray pick the team.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 22:27
To all intents and purposes he has been sacked. It is pretty certain that he is not willingly departing. In my opinion he should have been sacked earlier, when it was clear that the league was gone.

The only thing that kept Eck in the job was the qualification for the last 16 of the Champions League and that now represents their only chance of a trophy this year. The odds of success are 100/1 so it seems unlikely that Murray will be faced with the embarrassment of a departing manager who has just lifted the top European honour.

Some people were earlier taking some sort of comfort from the fact that Rangers are the first Scottish team to get through to the last 16. In my mind, it seems unlikely that folk will be mulling that achievement over a pint of lager in the distant future.

You are probably right scorrie but it wont be cellik fans.

Mind you, there ARE worse bets than Rangers at 100/1

I was checking out the betting for the next permanent England manager and spotted an outrageously poorly priced "rag" amongst the outsiders. At a mere 150/1 there is quoted one Paul (Gazza) Gascoigne. Shunted as an alkie by Kettering Town there seems as much chance of that happening as there is of Abu Hamza being England's next Goalie. Imagine Motty, "Fantastic save by Hamza, err, new ball please"

Belter [lol] [lol] Who would you have as boss of the England??

Alex McLeish?
Mick McCarthy

golach
09-Feb-06, 22:31
The Jam Tarts could be looking for a new Coach, they dont call them managers at Tynie these days ,they never stay that long [smirk]

Geo
09-Feb-06, 22:34
I'm not a Rangers fan but is it not true that up until this season he has been a successful manager for them? What is it with football that as soon as there is a dip in form the manager must be sacked? You can't win year in year out, there are many factors beyond one person's control so shouldn't allowances be made for a manager who has shown he can do the job? I could understand if he'd had 4 years of failure, but he hasn't. I hope that wherever he ends up he does well.

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 22:37
Dont they call them team busses, Coaches, coz if yer on about Rix, door-mat is the appropriate term Id have said[lol] [lol] [lol]

Dons_Lad
09-Feb-06, 22:40
I find it funny, he comes back to his old hunting ground and we stick the final nail in his Rangers coffin. McLeish must stay and keep ruining Rangers the way he's doing this season, it's laughable.

Rangers fans have gurned for years that there's been no competition(bar Celtic), now suddenly, when there's competition they don't like it. Well, you can't have it all guys.

The other thing as well is, why do you think Le Guen will be a good manager? He knows nothing about the Scottish game. The reason he was successful at Lyon was because he made a French team, because he knew the French players. If he gets money at Rangers, he'll just be a one season, possibly 2 season wonder.

Never mind, you've got Celtic and Villarreal to look forward to!

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 22:54
I find it funny, he comes back to his old hunting ground and we stick the final nail in his Rangers coffin. McLeish must stay and keep ruining Rangers the way he's doing this season, it's laughable.

Rangers fans have gurned for years that there's been no competition(bar Celtic), now suddenly, when there's competition they don't like it. Well, you can't have it all guys.

The other thing as well is, why do you think Le Guen will be a good manager? He knows nothing about the Scottish game. The reason he was successful at Lyon was because he made a French team, because he knew the French players. If he gets money at Rangers, he'll just be a one season, possibly 2 season wonder.

Never mind, you've got Celtic and Villarreal to look forward to!

Did you ever watch Lyonnais play football when PLG was boss? good attacking quality football, Have you watched Mcleish`s Gers lately ?No heart passion,no grit,Dire!!!!!!
Thats the reason why.
Aye weve got ra sellick & the villareal game to look forward to, who`ve you got in Europe next week??
Glad to see the challenge from the Edinburgh clubs will be more than enough
to keep the sheep squad out the top 4.

2little2late
09-Feb-06, 23:02
From BBC sport.
McLeish was told on Thursday afternoon that his four-year reign was over, having been spared the sack in December following the worst run in the club's history.

Dons_Lad
09-Feb-06, 23:06
Yes, I watched Lyon when Paul Le Guen was in charge. If you cared to read what I said, I simply stated, because he doesn't know the Scottish game and the players, I can't see him doing well. I watched that interview on North Tonight with David Murray and supposedly Le Guen will get money to spend. That's why I think he'll only be a one or 2 season wonder.

I've seen Rangers 3 times this season, twice at Todders and at morgue that is Ibrox. All 3 times, your team has been gash up front, defence wise, shoddy. If Le Guen is getting money, why didn't McLeish get the amount of money Le Guen is getting?

I'm annoyed we aren't in the top 4, but you see, I'd rather have spent little money for having an average team, than having spent over £6 million on an average team. We may not come good this season, or make the top 6, but I'll be celebrating the fact that you haven't beaten us this season. There's no taking that away from us!

willowbankbear
09-Feb-06, 23:21
I was still in school the last time the sheep squad beat Rangers i think, its one that you always remember where ye were when Afc cuffed the Gers.
Advocaat, O`Neill, didnt know the scottsh game very well but did okay didnt they?
Mcleish didnt get money to spend because of the duds he signed last season,remember Cappucho,Emerson,Ostenstaad,get the picture? He couldnt be trusted could he?
No we havnt played well apart from CL games where our luck cant hold oot much longer, but gettin pumped by you lot is the last straw for most of us.
On a lighter note, what has Nuno Cappucho got that Henrick Larrssson hasnt?

A. A Eufa cup winners medal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![lol] [lol]

Loafer
10-Feb-06, 08:10
One minute it is tattie pikers for Celtic, the next it is mutton brigade or some other derogatory comment about some other team.

Either you are a very witty chappy or, as I suspect, a run of the mill Rangers "supporter" who picks up all these comments in the classy establishments around Ibrox? My workplace is full of "them".

Can't you show any respect for the other teams in the league, and their supporters that comment on the org, as they appear to be showing you?

The Loafer

peter macdonald
10-Feb-06, 09:09
Oh what quaint names those old firm fans have for the other Scottish teams who for them are only a support act
Pity they didnt go to England as after a couple of years it would be amusing to hear the nicknames they would have created for their weekly opponents by then
Wonder what they would call Crewe or Watford etc??????

scotsboy
10-Feb-06, 09:50
It is a strange situation, I am not sure if he has been sacked or not – but can’t really be bothered to argue over semantics. He will not be there next season, but is being allowed to manage the team to the end of the season. I have not seen a lot of the press so don’t know if he is going willingly or not, however I have been aware for some time that he would not be the manager next season – so this announcement seems to be only pouring oil on troubled waters. It is assumed that he is leaving…….are you all sure. He will not be the manager next year, but there are strong rumours that he will have a job at Ibrox.

I disagree that he should have been sacked earlier, isn’t it strange how football/sports fans are quick to call for the heads of managers who fail to deliver results but seldom question their own ability, determination and results. Alex McLeish may not be the greatest manager but he has given Rangers a modicum of success, and a few unforgettable days – I recall a late cup final win, and two last day league wins. He has also got Rangers to the knockout stages of the CL, but I would still rate the 92/93 CL season better.

What really tickled my fancy this morning was the news that Martin O’Neil was on a short list for the England job – old one trick pony Martin is just the man we want in charge of England. I really don’t know how he would cope with the stress though, he was in turmoil after a Union Flag was placed in his garden.

Dons_Lad
10-Feb-06, 16:57
One minute it is tattie pikers for Celtic, the next it is mutton brigade or some other derogatory comment about some other team.

Either you are a very witty chappy or, as I suspect, a run of the mill Rangers "supporter" who picks up all these comments in the classy establishments around Ibrox? My workplace is full of "them".

Can't you show any respect for the other teams in the league, and their supporters that comment on the org, as they appear to be showing you?

The Loafer

You're a legend!

willowbankbear
10-Feb-06, 22:02
Okay then, Im so sorry for showing a lack of respect to the fans of the provincial clubs Loafer, You poor wee sensitive thing . Hope you remember to back up myself or my fellow Bears & cellik fans when one of these hard done by fans calls us Hun or tims!
Doesnt put me up nor down being called a Hun, Sticks & stones mate !
Aye its controversial posts i do sometimes, but its not to be taken to heart, Banter is the word yes?

Dons_Lad
10-Feb-06, 22:14
I take it as banter, I just despise huns and tims :P

willowbankbear
10-Feb-06, 22:27
I take it as banter, I just despise huns and tims :P

Good Dons_lad , thats the way its intended, and the feelings mutual but thats as far as I would take it coz its a game remember

scotsboy
11-Feb-06, 15:05
Scorrie wrote:

It is pretty certain that he is not willingly departing

Alex McLeish says:

I spoke to the chairman last August and said 'I'll probably want to leave next summer

Quoted from the BBC News webpage at:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/4701700.stm

Tymey
11-Feb-06, 15:33
Scorrie wrote:

Alex McLeish says:

I spoke to the chairman last August and said 'I'll probably want to leave next summer

Perhaps this is the reason:

http://www.sporting-life.com/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/06/02/11/SOCCER_Rangers_McLeish.html

highlander2222
11-Feb-06, 15:49

TaTA
Willowbankbear

Paul le Geon i believe is going to Newcastle