urfreetime 01847 831526

binbob
04-Feb-09, 21:55
urfreetime 01847 831526

£ 11 per hour..i think??????

ShelleyCowie
04-Feb-09, 22:00
£ 11 per hour..i think??????

:eek: What! I think i shud start doing peoples ironing for that! Even though i dispise ironing!!!!

binbob
04-Feb-09, 23:52
:eek: What! I think i shud start doing peoples ironing for that! Even though i dispise ironing!!!!

well that is what i was told...i think their prices are the same whatever they do...might even have increased as that was LAST year.

they did a very good job of cleaning my new build house in 2007..£250............:D

Julia
05-Feb-09, 01:49
I love ironing! Very nearly went self employed a few years back just to do ironing.

Anne x
05-Feb-09, 01:57
I love ironing! Very nearly went self employed a few years back just to do ironing.

I hate Ironing Julia but once I start enjoy it ,
OH does most of the Ironing in this house he finds it very theraputic and a Royal Navy thing as every thing has to be done right I soon latched on to that my motto
"Bash on with it if it gives you so my pleasure "

Fran
05-Feb-09, 03:29
I used to do ironing, I had 4 regular customers and 1 was a pilot, but they all moved away. I charged £6 for a black bag full and I enjoyed it and would watch tv while i was ironing.

butterfly
05-Feb-09, 04:07

shelley,for 11quid an hour it crossed my mind too!

poppett
05-Feb-09, 09:14
I was an iron-ing lady in a previous life. Would go back to it again if the price was right.

*Martin*
05-Feb-09, 10:45
I can't stand ironing! I've got a bad back so I find it hard to stand for a length of time!

Recently I came up with the most greatest idea ever (It also wasted 30mins before I had to start)

Imagine if you will.......

In front of my PC I slid my chair back.
I set the ironing board up in between my chair and desk.
To the left of my chair I set a kitchen chair with the un-ironed clothes
To the right of my chair I have an empty chair to set the ironed clothes on
All while I watch a film on the PC!!! (It normally takes a couple o hours because I put it off for so long)

It doesn't make the ironing any more enjoyable, but I'm a bitty more comfty AND I get to watch a film!

ps. I'd pay someone to iron if the Mrs. would let me

BRIE
05-Feb-09, 12:11
I hate Ironing Julia but once I start enjoy it ,
OH does most of the Ironing in this house he finds it very theraputic and a Royal Navy thing as every thing has to be done right I soon latched on to that my motto
"Bash on with it if it gives you so my pleasure "

oh does all the ironing in our house too, He was also in the Navy he even got an award for his ironing!! :lol:

ShelleyCowie
05-Feb-09, 13:04
Its not really the ironing its self i hate! Its getting it all set up! Take the ironing board out...fill the iron with water etc etc etc! It annoys me! So i just dont do it! [lol]

I like doing dishes though! :D

TBH
05-Feb-09, 13:22
If you get bored you could always do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njHE4S-HD3I

joxville
05-Feb-09, 13:38
What's an iron?

Anne x
05-Feb-09, 13:48
What's an iron?

A Appliance that was replaced by Hanging over a radiator to take the creases out :lol:

joxville
05-Feb-09, 13:51
A Appliance that was replaced by Hanging over a radiator to take the creases out :lol:

Oh, I see. No wonder I have a bad back and scald marks. I must invest in one. The 21st century is brilliant, the gadgets you can get now.

Penelope Pitstop
05-Feb-09, 15:13
shelley,for 11quid an hour it crossed my mind too!

£11 isn't as great as it sounds - 22% to the tax man and probably about 6%??? to National Insurance.

I hate ironing. Has been known for me to loose a shirt for months....eventually find it in the ironing pile [lol] Whoops

mrs and mr brown
05-Feb-09, 15:42
ooh i love doing the ironing, its very relaxing!
well i love cleaning/housework in all. i think theres nothing better when my house is clean. my O.H knows when the ironing is getting done cause whitney huston is on the CD player full bang, {and im belting them out!!!};)

aahhh bliss me me not for him he he he

my moto is everything has a place however its finding the place to begin with then the balls away!!!

wish i got paid that much to do my housework!! oh i would so rich. xxx:lol:

bagpuss
07-Feb-09, 01:11
Worth investing in an ironing press perhaps- they start at around £200, but save masses of time and would let an enterprising person start a small business.

Think of how much a PA or butler can make- doing things people with well paid jobs don't have time to do for themselves

rockchick
07-Feb-09, 09:29
Have to share this!

I HATE ironing, with a passion. Avoid it at all costs. However, when my daughter re-did her bedroom we bought curtains (from Ikea) that you cut to length and then iron-in the hem, I went to get the iron out to get them sorted. I searched high and low...couldn't find the iron anywhere. Turns out my son had taken it with him to uni FOUR MONTHS EARLIER and I hadn't noticed!

How sad is that?

joolswat5
21-Mar-09, 14:54
After asking a similar question a while ago this company was recommended to me and I have used it ever since:- De-Creased Ironing Service 841305 (01847) Julie runs a very professional service. She picks up and drops off, her prices are very reasonable and the quality of her work is excellent. I think she covers all of the Caithness area. Give her a try and see what you think. The amount of times Ive used her my husband says i should buy shares in the company !!!;)

Bazeye
21-Mar-09, 15:55
Thats why women, on average, are shorter than men. Its so they dont have to lean forward as much when they do the ironing and wash the dishes. :lol:

LMS
21-Mar-09, 17:42
Cuffs and Collars

Free collection and delivery

01641 531383

www.cuffs-and-collars.co.uk

jinglejangle
21-Mar-09, 20:05
After asking a similar question a while ago this company was recommended to me and I have used it ever since:- De-Creased Ironing Service 841305 (01847) Julie runs a very professional service. She picks up and drops off, her prices are very reasonable and the quality of her work is excellent. I think she covers all of the Caithness area. Give her a try and see what you think. The amount of times Ive used her my husband says i should buy shares in the company !!!;)

Just wondering is that Julie Watson from Decreased Ironing Service? Just your username sounds like the owners name? ;)

Fran
22-Mar-09, 03:35
At £1 and over per item that would work out quite expensive. For just say, 3 shirts and duvet cover and pillowcase, that would be about£8. Better value from someone doing it at home at so much for a black bag full.

Bobinovich
22-Mar-09, 12:23
Just wondering is that Julie Watson from Decreased Ironing Service? Just your username sounds like the owners name? ;)

Heh he, I did wonder that myself :lol:!